The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 11:22 PM   #76
country flag bello

bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold
Sometimes it really does upset me. I wish she stayed around, at least a couple more years. She was only Jen's age now. And i wish she did a little bit omoer. I wish she was no.1, i wish she won more grand slams, i wish..iwish...its so frustrating sometimes...

I LOVE YOU GABRIELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bello is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 04:25 AM   #77
country flag bello

bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold bello is a splendid one to behold
Videos

Could anybody tell me how to get videos such as US OPEN 1990 final, any tournament win finals, WIMBLEDON 1991 final and semi final, any other Gaby matches..?
Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:30 AM   #78
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully I will see Gaby in Fed Cup. So, I will take a picture of her and then I will post it here for you guys.

I saw Gaby in AT&T Cup, and I did not bring my camera

She is not playing more exhibition matches, but at least she is around watching tennis and supporting the sport
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 24th, 2002, 10:02 AM   #79
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Oh,Lucas,you're lucky you're going to see Gaby!!!!I'm jealous!!!Did you ever speak to her? Is she nice? Well,i know she is
Old Apr 24th, 2002, 11:05 AM   #80
country flag Jess3781

Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of Jess3781 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Hi everyone!

I love this thread! it's great! thank you so much for all the pictures!!!!!!!
I love Gaby too, I watched her play when I was little my dad is a big fan of her!
I meet Gaby a few weeks ago here in Miami in the Nasdaq-100 Open, she was watching Gisela Dulko's final VS Sharapova and she signed my cup and then (Gaby is very good friend with Gisela and her sponsor and her coach and I'm a friend of them too) we went together to the place where the players were and she was saying that she had to go back to Buenos Aires and she was going to see the Boys playing the Davis Cup. She is soooooo sweet and very beautiful and she was very nice with everyone, she toke photos with fans and sing autographs. She is a great person!
See ya and thanks again!
Jess

Jess3781 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2002, 05:24 AM   #81
country flag dhenni

dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point dhenni is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Gaby fans, here’s another one. Great thread!

I’ve been thinking about Gaby’s career too. Like about her chances of becoming #1. Wasn’t she very close more than once? First she had a chance in 1991 German open but lost in the 1st or 2nd round. FO? Wimby, yes! Serving for the match twice (or was it even three times?) and 2 points away. I think that loss was probably the beginning of the end of Gaby’s career. And yes, again in the Canadian open SF against Jennifer. I think she was 3-2 up in the second with a break and if she didn’t have to retire with those blisters and if she had won the match and if she in addition had won the final against Katerina Maleeva (who won her SF against sister Manuela when she retired due to injury) Gaby had become #1 before the USO. We all know about her rivalry with Steffi and that Florida record is amazing (yeah, that Lipton 1992 SF was incredible). I agree about the great matches against Jennifer. Another one I remember was the 1992 AO QF, a very tight night match. I remember Gaby ended it with some kind of inside out backhand overhead. Very spectacular! Against Monica, some very tight matches (1990 Masters, 1992 Italian and French open) but also some really one-sided matches like the 1991 Masters. In my opinion the real heartbreaker (beside the 1991 Wimby final) was the 1993 RG QF against Mary Joe, as some of you said. It was a nightmare really and the second big step towards the end of Gaby’s career IMO. About Gaby's matches against Mary Joe. I think Mary Joe won the most big matches against Gaby. Yes, Gaby won the tight 1990 USO SF, but Mary Joe won both the 1992 USO SF and the 1993 QF in addition to the that RG one. Interesting Kart, that you mentioned the first loss in Jennifer’s career and the last in Gaby’s. At the time it happened (in 1996 Swiss open) I thought about that too. What a coincident!
dhenni is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 10:03 AM   #82
country flag bello

To be honest, i cant even bear to think about it anymore, it's really that bad. I honestly get that upset. It kills me. I would have loved her to be no.1 even for just one week! I cant bear it, honestly i can't!
Old Apr 27th, 2002, 04:47 PM   #83
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
1992 U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
Flushing Meadows, New York, NY

September 8, 1992

M. J. FERNANDEZ/G. Sabatini

6-2, 1-6, 6-4

INTERVIEW WITH

GABRIELA SABATINI

Q. Gaby, lately you became a better player when you became more aggressive. You came to the net more and such. Do you think Mary Joe is doing the same thing now?

GABRIELA SABATINI: Yeah. I think that is the reason why she is beating me sometimes. She has been playing like that, trying to come to the net and I tried to do that too, of course, she didn't give me many chances. She was playing very deep. Especially at the end in the last set. I have few chances there and I was a little disappointed, I couldn't make those games. She was smarter at the end.

Q. The way you reacted at the end, it looked like you have a lot of respect for her, you have known each other a long time?

GABRIELA SABATINI: Yeah, I mean, we are good friends. I think she is a great person. Yeah, we have -- we are friends.

Q. Gaby, do you wish you had played more tournaments, looking back now over the summer?

GABRIELA SABATINI: I don't know. I think, you know, both things are good. Probably to take some time off, and probably next time I will try to play one more tournament or something. But it is good to try, and I mean, I am not regretting anything.

Q. Looking back at the match, what would you have liked to do differently?

GABRIELA SABATINI: Probably I would try to change the beginning of the match. I didn't know what happened. I felt I was there mentally, I was eager to -- I was prepared and suddenly she was 5-Love and I didn't know what was happening. So that is the thing I would change.

Q. What did you do different in the second set?

GABRIELA SABATINI: I don't know, I guess I was -- I tried to hit a little bit more my serve, my first serve and I tried to come in a little bit more, but it was a strange match. I don't know.

Q. How disappointing is it for you?

GABRIELA SABATINI: Well, it is disappointing, of course, you know, this is a good tournament for me. I like it very much, and I wanted to do well here, you know, it is a big disappointment.

Q. How do you think she will do against Seles?

GABRIELA SABATINI: I guess Seles, she will probably be aggressive; she is going to try to go for the shots. I think she was very close to beat Monica a few times, and if she take risk, she could play a good match, she could win, yeah.

Q. She says she has used you as a model of being more aggressive, coming in and trying to change her game because she feels like what you did two years ago is a perfect example of what she needs to do. Have you two ever spoken about it? How do you think she is progressing?

GABRIELA SABATINI: No. We don't talk about it. It is not usual to do this. We never talk about it. But I think she has improved a lot, her game, she is coming more to the net and she knows that she needs to do that against some players, against me.

Q. Thank you.
Kart is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2002, 05:36 PM   #84
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Birthday Gaby

32 years young and still looking as good as ever
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2002, 06:12 PM   #85
petite-dally

petite-dally is an unknown quantity at this point
HAPPY BITHDAY,GABY!!!!
I wish you all the joy in the world!
petite-dally is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #86
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Te deseo un feliz cumpleaños,preciosa!!!
Gaby you are really missed.Hope you're happy in your life now.I wish you the best.
Old May 17th, 2002, 09:41 AM   #87
Gandalf

Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all
Upps...too late!

happy birthday!
Gandalf is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2002, 11:17 AM   #88
galadriel

galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute
I'm too late,but Happy Birthday,Gaby!
Old May 17th, 2002, 11:36 PM   #89
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm always late with these kind of things .

Belated Happy Birthday Gaby - six years after your retirement you're still the greatest .
Kart is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2002, 01:35 AM   #90
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute LucasArg has a reputation beyond repute
happy birthday GABY

Vivi Ruano Pascual - Jorgelina Cravero - Soledad Esperon - Florencia Molinero
Maria Igiroyen - Maria Jose Argeri - Agustina Lepore - Mailen Auroux

Jelena Dokic - Maria Kirilenko - Natalia Gussoni - Andrea Betinez
Tatiana Golovin - Veronica Spiegel - Natalia Garbellotto - Vanina Garcia Sokol
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread