The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #781
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_82 View Post
I think her match against Navratilova was some of the best tennis i ever say Gaby play. she hit shots that blew me away. simply amazing. This is was on breathtaking match.
Gaby hit 37 winners in that straight sets match and very few errors (apart from her 7 or 8 double faults) indeed that was one of her best matches ever.
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #782
country flag elma

elma is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the video's. Great to see them again
elma is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #783
country flag elma

elma is an unknown quantity at this point

New Photo's of Gaby at The Buenos Aires open

elma is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM   #784
country flag Joey_82

Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all

Another nice one

Last edited by Joey_82 : Feb 26th, 2007 at 05:52 PM.
Joey_82 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:55 PM   #785
country flag Joey_82

Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
Gaby hit 37 winners in that straight sets match and very few errors (apart from her 7 or 8 double faults) indeed that was one of her best matches ever.
Her passing shots are soo good. everytime martina came to the net Gaby had a solution, and those shots that just passed Martina by
this is one match i can watch over and over again for Gaby. And even in Martinas farewell, Gaby had a huge crowd backing her up.
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM   #786
country flag Joey_82

Anyone in argentina seen this magazine: tenis mundial?
they have a 9 page interview with Gaby Sabatini this month.

its from Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GABRIELA-SABATIN...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 01:32 AM   #787
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Her passing shots are soo good. everytime martina came to the net Gaby had a solution, and those shots that just passed Martina by
this is one match i can watch over and over again for Gaby. And even in Martinas farewell, Gaby had a huge crowd backing her up.
Did you see all the matches?
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:30 AM   #788
country flag Joey_82

yeah, I did. Always cherich her victories over Steffi she owned Florida, no doubt there. Specially when there is a Sabatweeni involved.
Now her 90 USOPEN match was spectacular, but it wasn't her usual game. she won because she changed everything, which was great, but personally I lover her 1994 style, and shots more, even though her mental part wasn't helping her win, but when she won the Viriginia slims and sydney it was a glimpse of the real GREAT Gaby.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:30 AM   #789
country flag Joey_82

You had a bit of monica and maryjoe sneaking in there too.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:33 AM   #790
country flag Joey_82

But what I really hated was the commentating as always, I mean they did say how great Gaby was playing, but everytime she passed martina with a great shot, they would go like, oh martinas head is not there, she is thinking about her final match, she is not playing like the great martina and so and so, excuses excuses excuses.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:37 AM   #791
country flag Joey_82

thanks to alexito

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #792
Sabatini lover Forever

Quote:
But what I really hated was the commentating as always, I mean they did say how great Gaby was playing, but everytime she passed martina with a great shot, they would go like, oh martinas head is not there, she is thinking about her final match, she is not playing like the great martina and so and so, excuses excuses excuses.
Yeah, pretty funny i agree with that, Gaby was painting the lines hitting either strong passing shots or great lobs. Even on that last game Bud Collins said Martina "beaten by a FINE Sabatini"... Fine was too little to describe the way she was playing that day. It was great that in the end Martina congratulated Gaby saying she was "blown off the court by the hell of a tennis player"
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #793
Sabatini lover Forever

Quote:
You had a bit of monica and maryjoe sneaking in there too.
Yes lol. But that was how the DVD came to me
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 08:07 PM   #794
country flag Joey_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
Yeah, pretty funny i agree with that, Gaby was painting the lines hitting either strong passing shots or great lobs. Even on that last game Bud Collins said Martina "beaten by a FINE Sabatini"... Fine was too little to describe the way she was playing that day. It was great that in the end Martina congratulated Gaby saying she was "blown off the court by the hell of a tennis player"
yeah Martinas nice words about Gaby were nice. Her fans there sure liked it .
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 06:36 AM   #795
country flag Joey_82

any more Gaby videos anyone?
Closed Thread