The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 502 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #7516
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

TENNIS: Sabatini Shifts Gears and Learns to Enjoy the Ride
New York Times
ROBIN FINN
Published April 13, 1992

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla., April 12— Fresh from volleying her way to a championship on Hilton Head Island, S.C., where she successfully defended her 1991 title a week ago, Gabriela Sabatini shrugged into her black leather jacket, mounted her black-and-hot-pink Honda motorcycle and made a happy solo traverse through Georgia on the black ribbon of I-95 toward this Florida resort and yet another title to defend.

This afternoon, she revved up and roared away from the Bausch & Lomb Championships happier still after fending off her fiercest rival, Steffi Graf, in the final for the second consecutive year. Sabatini's 6-2, 1-6, 6-3 victory brought her a third title here and a fourth championship for 1992, confirming her position as the Kraft Tour's hottest player.

But that didn't happen. Instead, Sabatini beat Graf for the seventh time in their last eight meetings by finessing her way past the disconcerted German with a combination of confidence and net-side aggression, two qualities not in evidence in Graf's present repertory.

'Unbelievable Shots and Confidence'

Although Graf's power earned her the second set, her predictability cost her the other two. Sabatini knew just when to exploit Graf's backhand and break down her forehand.

"She started the match with unbelievable shots and confidence, and she finished it just the same," said Graf, who, along with Sabatini, had to absorb a double dose of tennis today because of Saturday's washout of the semifinals. "I let her take control."

Graf began her day by losing a 9 A.M. tie breaker before defeating Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, 6-7 (7-3), 6-4, 6-3, a tenuous semifinal that was followed by Sabatini's less taxing 6-3, 6-3 dismissal of Conchita Martinez.

"It made it more special, and harder, that we had to play two matches," said Sabatini. "In the third, I felt like fighting a lot, every point. I said to myself, 'I have to live my life here,' and I did it."

Motoring Along

In the Family Circle Magazine Cup, Sabatini won a car along with cash and a trophy, but she left all that in the care of others. These days the cycle has taken up where her family and friends left off and become a cherished buffer from the tennis stress zone.

At home in Buenos Aires, where it no longer bothers her that patrons applaud whenever she enters a restaurant, her idea of the perfect nightcap is a 3 A.M. cruise on her motorcycle through the city with her brother and a friend or two.

"We don't even talk to each other while we're riding," said Patricia Tarabini, a fellow player, "and it can be freezing cold, but it doesn't matter to Gaby. She says that is what she loves most in her life, those moments when she feels free. Before, she didn't know how to make them happen. Now she does."

'I Wasn't Having Any Fun'

In her teens, Sabatini was known for a reticence that bordered on muteness and a shy scowl that, on the court or off, said the rest; she was not interested in learning English, not interested in making connections with anything but tennis balls, and left the solace of her hotel suites about as often as she left the baseline.

"I was sad, I wasn't having any fun, I was feeling pressure from everywhere, and I went into a black hole, very deep," she said. "But I think you have to go through that worst moment, that darkest moment, before you can come into the light on the other side. Now I think I am there."

Today, ranked behind Monica Seles and Graf, the 21-year-old Sabatini is the tour's resident glamour girl, and feeling it. She has hobnobbed with celebrities like Mickey Rourke and Michael Bolton, played Late Night Tennis with David Letterman, and, as the toast of host Arsenio Hall, almost lived up to her nickname -- Gaby.

Beloved in Argentina and beyond, she has joined an echelon of stars so luminous that, like Grace Kelly and Cary Grant, she has had a rose named in her honor. It's a coral-hued flower, a color she approves, and if it happens to be more noticeable for its looks than its scent, that's not a problem: Sabatini has her own signature perfume line.

Once a wallflower, Sabatini has danced a tango on a Buenos Aires stage and shared the microphone with Donald, an Argentinian Sinatra. Eager to improve her English in order to better understand the pop songs she enjoys singing, she carries a dictionary along with her racquets. And besides being the only woman to receive a multimillion-dollar contract from Pepsi, she's undoubtedly their only spokesperson handy and humble enough to sew her own Pepsi logo patch on her tennis shirts.

"Before, I had no life apart from tennis because I couldn't separate the two, but now I've learned to do it," said Sabatini, lounging in black jeans and lizard boots, and her cascade of blue-black hair -- which she fluffs to perfection before leaving the house for errands or galas -- floating above equally flawless olive skin.

'Tennis Was Like a Toy'

Although her tennis bloomed early -- she was the world's No. 1 junior in 1984 -- Sabatini's grasp on a personal life only recently caught up with her professional laurels. In fact, by age 19, she was so miserable on the tennis circuit, where she was maligned for not keeping up pace with Graf, that she considered quitting.

"When I first started to play, tennis was like a toy to me. Instead of having dolls, I was playing tennis," she said. "At first it was fun, but later it wasn't because I began feeling so much pressure to win, and I was afraid of losing. I wanted to be perfect in all things. I wanted a normal life. So I started to blame everything on tennis and I let myself feel pressure from everywhere, sometimes pressure that was not even really there."

Sabatini hit her low at the 1990 French Open, where she cried after her fourth-round loss to Jana Novotna and cried again the next day when she fired her longtime mentor, Angel Gimenez, and went looking for a different kind of coach.

She found exactly what she needed, her social and spiritual antithesis, in Carlos Kirmayr, a chatty Brazilian with an optimistic bent and a history of living out the two dreams to which Sabatini related best: playing tennis and performing pop music in a band.

"I met my opposite, and he really helped me open up and see life in a different way," said Sabatini. "He's the kind of person who wakes up every morning and feels happy to be alive. And he helped me open up my game, get off the baseline and be more aggressive. The attacking style was something that was always inside of me, I just never knew how to bring it out."

Belief Turns Into Reality

With Kirmayr's encouragement, Sabatini won the 1990 United States Open. It turned out to be a breakthrough event that not only recommitted her to her career but spilled over into her private life.

"That was the answer to all the questions I had about my tennis and myself," said Sabatini. "During the Open, I believed I was going to win, and I did it, I played the aggressive game and had the confidence I never had. After that, it's hard to put the feeling into words, but I felt like doors opened up everywhere."

According to Kirmayr, who insists Sabatini has the most weapons of any of the top women, that process is ongoing. "Maybe she's a late bloomer who had the big dream and then saw it get grayish," he said. "But she has come to understand the strength of her position, she understands the meaning of the sacrifices she made for tennis, she understands the value of money and yet she's maintained a peaceful aura. She doesn't do harm to anybody."

Except, of course, to her opponents.

"What's different about Gabriela now is that she has confidence in herself -- you can see it -- and that's the most important thing to have at this level," said Graf, Sabatini's longtime nemesis. Sabatini is now 8-1 versus Graf in Florida, where the German is 67-0 versus all other opponents since 1986.

There's Plenty of Time

Unlike Graf, who was No. 1 a record 186 consecutive weeks, Sabatini has yet to complete her climb to the top spot. But she thinks there's nothing amiss in taking her time to get there.

"I still want to prove to myself that I really am the best," said Sabatini, who is, according to her friends, fiercely competitive in everything from backgammon to Argentina's periodic ranking of its most beautiful women. "But I don't feel like it has to happen now. I've overcome that pressure. I'm still very strict with myself, I get that from my father, but I'm not trying all the time to be perfect in everything I do. You can't be. I know when I have to be perfect on the tennis court, and as long as I try, I'm not afraid of losing anymore."
Ms. Anthropic is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 26th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #7517
country flag roland500

roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice roland500 is just really nice

https://twitter.com/i/#!/catherine_f...com%2FTIiOQ5aj

catherine fulop twitter page w/ photo of gaby & lujan in venezuela w/ her family
mariano there for good measure
isn't it time to acknowledge they are a couple, & have been for years

matching dresses & shoes for 42 year old women?

that's a couple
roland500 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #7518
country flag isa1077

isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Wow ladies, you forgot the Zetaboard URL ? Alzheimer knocked on your door or bottles of whisky still are your one and only friend ?

Please leave us alone, we're not interested discussing about Gaby's sexuality ! Go back in your "no-life" forum, you're all stark raving mad. If you want people to leave you alone, please respect that very simple principal : "do not do to others what you would not want done to you"...

Open your mind girls, only twins wear the same clothes, not a couple. It's a funny joke, they're like twin sisters, know each other for more than 20 years, there's nothing more to talk about ! By the way, they wear the same dress colour but they arent' similar, neither the shoes. Santa Claus forgot to bring you good glasses, what a shame. Both families know each other for a very long time, they're very close and are always part of each other parties. Go out and stop attend that kind of nonsense forum as the Zeta one. There's a life outside !

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:35 PM   #7519
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Anthropic View Post
TENNIS: Sabatini Shifts Gears and Learns to Enjoy the Ride
New York Times
ROBIN FINN
Published April 13, 1992

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla., April 12— Fresh from volleying her way to a championship on Hilton Head Island, S.C., where she successfully defended her 1991 title a week ago, Gabriela Sabatini shrugged into her black leather jacket, mounted her black-and-hot-pink Honda motorcycle and made a happy solo traverse through Georgia on the black ribbon of I-95 toward this Florida resort and yet another title to defend.

This afternoon, she revved up and roared away from the Bausch & Lomb Championships happier still after fending off her fiercest rival, Steffi Graf, in the final for the second consecutive year. Sabatini's 6-2, 1-6, 6-3 victory brought her a third title here and a fourth championship for 1992, confirming her position as the Kraft Tour's hottest player.

But that didn't happen. Instead, Sabatini beat Graf for the seventh time in their last eight meetings by finessing her way past the disconcerted German with a combination of confidence and net-side aggression, two qualities not in evidence in Graf's present repertory.

'Unbelievable Shots and Confidence'

Although Graf's power earned her the second set, her predictability cost her the other two. Sabatini knew just when to exploit Graf's backhand and break down her forehand.

"She started the match with unbelievable shots and confidence, and she finished it just the same," said Graf, who, along with Sabatini, had to absorb a double dose of tennis today because of Saturday's washout of the semifinals. "I let her take control."

Graf began her day by losing a 9 A.M. tie breaker before defeating Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, 6-7 (7-3), 6-4, 6-3, a tenuous semifinal that was followed by Sabatini's less taxing 6-3, 6-3 dismissal of Conchita Martinez.

"It made it more special, and harder, that we had to play two matches," said Sabatini. "In the third, I felt like fighting a lot, every point. I said to myself, 'I have to live my life here,' and I did it."

Motoring Along

In the Family Circle Magazine Cup, Sabatini won a car along with cash and a trophy, but she left all that in the care of others. These days the cycle has taken up where her family and friends left off and become a cherished buffer from the tennis stress zone.

At home in Buenos Aires, where it no longer bothers her that patrons applaud whenever she enters a restaurant, her idea of the perfect nightcap is a 3 A.M. cruise on her motorcycle through the city with her brother and a friend or two.

"We don't even talk to each other while we're riding," said Patricia Tarabini, a fellow player, "and it can be freezing cold, but it doesn't matter to Gaby. She says that is what she loves most in her life, those moments when she feels free. Before, she didn't know how to make them happen. Now she does."

'I Wasn't Having Any Fun'

In her teens, Sabatini was known for a reticence that bordered on muteness and a shy scowl that, on the court or off, said the rest; she was not interested in learning English, not interested in making connections with anything but tennis balls, and left the solace of her hotel suites about as often as she left the baseline.

"I was sad, I wasn't having any fun, I was feeling pressure from everywhere, and I went into a black hole, very deep," she said. "But I think you have to go through that worst moment, that darkest moment, before you can come into the light on the other side. Now I think I am there."

Today, ranked behind Monica Seles and Graf, the 21-year-old Sabatini is the tour's resident glamour girl, and feeling it. She has hobnobbed with celebrities like Mickey Rourke and Michael Bolton, played Late Night Tennis with David Letterman, and, as the toast of host Arsenio Hall, almost lived up to her nickname -- Gaby.

Beloved in Argentina and beyond, she has joined an echelon of stars so luminous that, like Grace Kelly and Cary Grant, she has had a rose named in her honor. It's a coral-hued flower, a color she approves, and if it happens to be more noticeable for its looks than its scent, that's not a problem: Sabatini has her own signature perfume line.

Once a wallflower, Sabatini has danced a tango on a Buenos Aires stage and shared the microphone with Donald, an Argentinian Sinatra. Eager to improve her English in order to better understand the pop songs she enjoys singing, she carries a dictionary along with her racquets. And besides being the only woman to receive a multimillion-dollar contract from Pepsi, she's undoubtedly their only spokesperson handy and humble enough to sew her own Pepsi logo patch on her tennis shirts.

"Before, I had no life apart from tennis because I couldn't separate the two, but now I've learned to do it," said Sabatini, lounging in black jeans and lizard boots, and her cascade of blue-black hair -- which she fluffs to perfection before leaving the house for errands or galas -- floating above equally flawless olive skin.

'Tennis Was Like a Toy'

Although her tennis bloomed early -- she was the world's No. 1 junior in 1984 -- Sabatini's grasp on a personal life only recently caught up with her professional laurels. In fact, by age 19, she was so miserable on the tennis circuit, where she was maligned for not keeping up pace with Graf, that she considered quitting.

"When I first started to play, tennis was like a toy to me. Instead of having dolls, I was playing tennis," she said. "At first it was fun, but later it wasn't because I began feeling so much pressure to win, and I was afraid of losing. I wanted to be perfect in all things. I wanted a normal life. So I started to blame everything on tennis and I let myself feel pressure from everywhere, sometimes pressure that was not even really there."

Sabatini hit her low at the 1990 French Open, where she cried after her fourth-round loss to Jana Novotna and cried again the next day when she fired her longtime mentor, Angel Gimenez, and went looking for a different kind of coach.

She found exactly what she needed, her social and spiritual antithesis, in Carlos Kirmayr, a chatty Brazilian with an optimistic bent and a history of living out the two dreams to which Sabatini related best: playing tennis and performing pop music in a band.

"I met my opposite, and he really helped me open up and see life in a different way," said Sabatini. "He's the kind of person who wakes up every morning and feels happy to be alive. And he helped me open up my game, get off the baseline and be more aggressive. The attacking style was something that was always inside of me, I just never knew how to bring it out."

Belief Turns Into Reality

With Kirmayr's encouragement, Sabatini won the 1990 United States Open. It turned out to be a breakthrough event that not only recommitted her to her career but spilled over into her private life.

"That was the answer to all the questions I had about my tennis and myself," said Sabatini. "During the Open, I believed I was going to win, and I did it, I played the aggressive game and had the confidence I never had. After that, it's hard to put the feeling into words, but I felt like doors opened up everywhere."

According to Kirmayr, who insists Sabatini has the most weapons of any of the top women, that process is ongoing. "Maybe she's a late bloomer who had the big dream and then saw it get grayish," he said. "But she has come to understand the strength of her position, she understands the meaning of the sacrifices she made for tennis, she understands the value of money and yet she's maintained a peaceful aura. She doesn't do harm to anybody."

Except, of course, to her opponents.

"What's different about Gabriela now is that she has confidence in herself -- you can see it -- and that's the most important thing to have at this level," said Graf, Sabatini's longtime nemesis. Sabatini is now 8-1 versus Graf in Florida, where the German is 67-0 versus all other opponents since 1986.

There's Plenty of Time

Unlike Graf, who was No. 1 a record 186 consecutive weeks, Sabatini has yet to complete her climb to the top spot. But she thinks there's nothing amiss in taking her time to get there.

"I still want to prove to myself that I really am the best," said Sabatini, who is, according to her friends, fiercely competitive in everything from backgammon to Argentina's periodic ranking of its most beautiful women. "But I don't feel like it has to happen now. I've overcome that pressure. I'm still very strict with myself, I get that from my father, but I'm not trying all the time to be perfect in everything I do. You can't be. I know when I have to be perfect on the tennis court, and as long as I try, I'm not afraid of losing anymore."
Thanks for sharing! Hope you all are having a great start of 2013!
nat75 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #7520
country flag DelusionalSwiss

DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice

Sweet Isa, you don't need to keep pretending we straight girls. Everyone know we in love with each other forever and married. We very happy and family and friends support and love us sooooooo much. Please Isa, why you not love our love too? It a shame. G & L
DelusionalSwiss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #7521

DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice DelusionalSwiss is just really nice
Talking Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMAICA ANDY View Post
The attached website link contained photos which showed that Gabriella Sabatini attended an activity in November 2012. She demonstrated her gorgeous outlook as well as her attractive feets.
Please go to the link:

http://beleza.terra.com.br/corpo-em-...ceb0aRCRD.html

Andy, you know what they say about a girl with the big feets? She got a big heart too! We love you for your support. Besos!
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #7522

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #7523
country flag isa1077

isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionalSwiss View Post
Sweet Isa, you don't need to keep pretending we straight girls. Everyone know we in love with each other forever and married. We very happy and family and friends support and love us sooooooo much. Please Isa, why you not love our love too? It a shame. G & L
Hey Zeta girls, with an average age of 40 years, it's not a psychological treatment needed at that point, it's a one way ticket back to pre-school . Even my 7 year-old daughter is more mature than you're . Writing on behalf of Gaby/Lu or on my behalf on different websites, to create a gallery bearing my name, you really need help. By the way, Lu, Mariano & Gaby have got my email address, they know how to get in touch with me if they need to . Find a good girl, fall in love and maybe, after a thousand of orgasms and sleepless nights, you'll discover how great it is to be well-balanced and you'll leave me alone. If you don't want to hear me when I say I'm not your troll, I can't do anything more. I left you alone but YOU never did. Grow up girls, please grow up !
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #7524

Hola everyone! Hope you had good holidays where ever you lives. I exhausted.

Gaby very pretty!

Quote:
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #7525

http://backend.tycsports.com/videote...equipo-fed-cup
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #7526
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

New volume

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread