The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 491 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #7351
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Gaby's Pepsi ad:

nat75 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #7352
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

I remember this ad! Fantabuloso!
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #7353
country flag tubumochi

tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat75 View Post
Gaby's Pepsi ad:

amaging video!!

Thanks nat
tubumochi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #7354
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

That is so good! I've never seen it before- thanks.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 09:05 PM   #7355
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Did the Gab every play with a wood racquet when she was younger? Since her game seems to have been heavily influenced by Vilas' style, I can't help but wonder if she had already started using graphite by the time she modeled her game after his. I can't imagine a 10-year-old Gaby trying to generate that kind of heavy topspin with wood.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM   #7356
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

I'm 99% sure Gaby started to play with a standard wood racket back in the 70s, she started when she was around 6 or 7, so 1976 or 1977, so she had to use a wood racket, a Donnay IIRC. There are some pics of her from that time, I'll try to post some later.
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #7357
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

Gaby with her new passion

Juarito is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #7358
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarito View Post

Gracias!
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #7359
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks. She looks fantastic.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #7360
country flag gabsab1670

gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice gabsab1670 is just really nice
Question Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:

Beautiful picture, she looks gorgeous. Do you where and when that picture has been taken ? Where did you find it ?

Thank you for that picture
gabsab1670 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 11:12 PM   #7361
country flag Calvin M.

Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future

Quote:

Wow. Sabatini takes really good care of herself! Thanks for sharing.
Calvin M. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #7362
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gaby's Pepsi ad:

Does not amuse most people that the main stroke topic of this ad is her horrendous serve?
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #7363
country flag nat75

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
Does not amuse most people that the main stroke topic of this ad is her horrendous serve?
Gaby's first serve wasn't bad.
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #7364
country flag nat75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazillian View Post
“Does not amuse most people that the main stroke topic of this ad is her horrendous serve?”

Not at all.

After all, in those days, there were things more horrendous than her serve ...

For example, Graf's nose, cries of Seles and Navratilova's glasses.

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #7365
country flag Calvin M.

Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Gaby's first serve wasn't bad.
It was from 1992-1994. Drought. Remember? But serving problems aside, most players would kill for Sabatini's results during those lean years. Even through her slump, Sabatini had a lot of heart.
Calvin M. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread