The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 454 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2010, 09:25 PM   #6796
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
Gaby loved to play tennis and she always fulfilled her commitments to tournaments sometimes they were good and bad choices but she made them in good spirit.

Steffi needed to be number 1 she lived for it either through her own desire or the desire of her dad so she was more tactical on what she did and did not play.
I think it was miss concept about the schedule and ranking points more than Gaby fullfilling her commitments.

Gaby only needed 14 events in her calenday and her ranking would have been just fine, that was the minimum divisior.

In 1991 she had a strong-busy and tiring first half of the year. Remmember she won Amelia Island almost in one leg, after back to back three set matches with Arantxa in Hilton Head and Amelia Island, then facing Graf in the finals. She was strong in Rome no doubt, but the very next week she could have easily skipped Berlin. There was no need play it.. Needless to say that she opted for a wilcard to play Los Angeles in 1991 again because a missconcept.

But my feeling is that the general concept that Kirmair and Gaby´s team was that she HAD TO WIN events to get to number one, whereareas there was no way Gaby was going to get her average of points up by winning those tournaments, than she would have if she had skipped them... it was a mathematical formula... But i think they never noticed....

Gaby later in 1991 blamed herself for the schedule (Canada-Los Angeles) events . It was so radical that she opted to play only 1 hard court event going into the Usopen in 1992...
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #6797
country flag skylr27

skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat75 View Post
Hola, Tubu!
You like that dress, right?
He can have the dress & I'll take what is under it! okay Nati! I promise to behave now...
skylr27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #6798
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
I think it was miss concept about the schedule and ranking points more than Gaby fullfilling her commitments.

Gaby only needed 14 events in her calenday and her ranking would have been just fine, that was the minimum divisior.

In 1991 she had a strong-busy and tiring first half of the year. Remmember she won Amelia Island almost in one leg, after back to back three set matches with Arantxa in Hilton Head and Amelia Island, then facing Graf in the finals. She was strong in Rome no doubt, but the very next week she could have easily skipped Berlin. There was no need play it.. Needless to say that she opted for a wilcard to play Los Angeles in 1991 again because a missconcept.

But my feeling is that the general concept that Kirmair and Gaby´s team was that she HAD TO WIN events to get to number one, whereareas there was no way Gaby was going to get her average of points up by winning those tournaments, than she would have if she had skipped them... it was a mathematical formula... But i think they never noticed....

Gaby later in 1991 blamed herself for the schedule (Canada-Los Angeles) events . It was so radical that she opted to play only 1 hard court event going into the Usopen in 1992...
I love how well you expose your argument about the ranking points, Carlos. I really want to slap in the face those freaks who states that Gaby was lazy. I think she was always at the edge of burning out. May be she developed "lazy habits" but that was due to overplaying instead of being a lazy person. "Accusing" her of laziness when you can clearly watch that she was an amazing/impressive athlete is demential. It seems like Gaby's camp didn't figure out how the ranking system worked otherwise she wouldn't have wasted so much energy the way she did. Fortunately, I put some of those youtube losers in place.
nat75 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #6799
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr27 View Post
He can have the dress & I'll take what is under it! okay Nati! I promise to behave now...

Old May 17th, 2010, 11:45 PM   #6800
country flag OsBea'sBabyGirl

OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice

Thanks Spencer....makes total sense. Wow.

I can't understand the laziness attachment. Expectations from others can be so intense, misguided and pressuring.
OsBea'sBabyGirl is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #6801
country flag bronco

bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice

the lazy comment's simply don't have any foundation she was one of the people who played the most tournaments per season
bronco is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #6802
country flag bronco

bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice

thanks Spencer, your points are on the money as usual
bronco is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #6803
country flag tubumochi

tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice tubumochi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat75 View Post
Hola, Tubu!
You like that dress, right?

I certainly like dress appearance.
However, I like tennis shirt of the gaby.
tubumochi is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #6804
country flag skylr27

skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubumochi View Post
I certainly like dress appearance.
However, I like tennis shirt of the gaby.
Hi Tubu! Yep, the sweatsoaked shirts are the best in Gaby attire!
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #6805

OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice OsBea'sBabyGirl is just really nice

http://www.canchallena.com/1265004
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #6806
country flag Milito22

Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsBea'sBabyGirl View Post
thanks
Milito22 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #6807
country flag skylr27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsBea'sBabyGirl View Post
One word, Beautiful! Thanks OSBG! You're the best Gabs!
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #6808
country flag nat75

I have that article on paper but it's too big for my A4 scanner.
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:09 AM   #6809

Too bad...Gabriela didn't participate in the Tour of California. I have yet to see BabyGirl in person.
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:59 AM   #6810
country flag nat75

She did when they threw that jar of paint in 1987.
Closed Thread