The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 441 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #6601
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubumochi View Post
Hi! All of the gaby fan!

It is the second gaby gallery
Please enjoy it

The diversity of this photograph satisfies my desire

http://picasaweb.google.com/tubumoch...eat=directlink
Thanks, Tubu! Neat collection!
nat75 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2010, 02:43 AM   #6602
country flag bronco

bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice

good work Tubu
bronco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #6603
country flag skylr27

skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice

Hi Tubu!
Thanks so much for the gorgeous Gaby!
skylr27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #6604
country flag Jooly

Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice
Talking Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

I mentioned in my last post that Gabriela was interviewed on TV briefly after the cycle tour in Cape Town. The race was only covered on one channel here. The coverage wasn’t very good at all and the interview came more than a bit short also. I've looked for the interview online but I doubt whether it will be available on YouTube at any point but who knows. I thought you may be interested to hear about it even if it was a little unremarkable. She looked very fresh and relaxed for someone who’d just finished a 109km ride. She was still wearing her cycling gear with her hair in the customary ponytail and sunglasses perched on top of her head. She was interviewed together with her friend Hugo Porta who was the Argentine ambassador to South Africa for several years. He had already completed 6 Argus Cycle Tours and she said he was responsible for her being there (thank you Hugo!) Apparently they sat down together one evening about 6 weeks ago and he knew she was doing cycling now and he convinced her to enter the tour. She spoke about the race for bit – described it as wonderful and beautiful, a bit like the cycle tour version of herself then. She said she’d been doing cycling for 3 years and that she rode in 5 stages of the Tour de France last year. She did not compete for times but rather found it to be a good way to travel and see the world. Then the interviewer said that he must ask her about her tennis career and this was the closest I’ve ever seen to Gaby rolling her eyes but she recovered nicely and flashed him a flirtatious smile as she said something I didn’t quite catch but I think was along the lines of “if you must”. He then continued to roll off some of her achievements on the tennis court and talked about her rivalry with Steffi but she was quick to say “we’re good friends now”. Her eyes just sparkled when she said that in the way that it does when she talks about people she cares about, which makes her even more beautiful if that's even possible. I found it rather funny when he said “you won Wimbledon doubles with Steffi in 1988, it was?” and she shrugged her shoulders and said “somewhere around there, yes”. She clearly was so bored hearing him talk on and on about her tennis life. He then went on to ask Hugo Porta whether he would be coming back to South Africa in 3 months time to watch the World Cup. This is what I really wanted to know. Would Gaby be back in SA in June to watch Argentina play? How did she rate their chances? But alas, he never asked her. He probably had her confused with one of those women who sit and sulk in the kitchen and hold the World Cup responsible for keeping their husbands and their telenovellas away from them for a month.
Jooly is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #6605
country flag Jooly

Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice Jooly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
i am sure she has a special place somewhere for all that stuff, I have heard stories in the past were she would be given flowers and always make sure they were put to good use or given to someone to cheer them up, so i'm sure she keeps these things nice.
I've heard that too. She is one of a kind.

Happy St Patrick's Day!
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #6606
country flag nat75

nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold nat75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooly View Post
I mentioned in my last post that Gabriela was interviewed on TV briefly after the cycle tour in Cape Town. The race was only covered on one channel here. The coverage wasn’t very good at all and the interview came more than a bit short also. I've looked for the interview online but I doubt whether it will be available on YouTube at any point but who knows. I thought you may be interested to hear about it even if it was a little unremarkable. She looked very fresh and relaxed for someone who’d just finished a 109km ride. She was still wearing her cycling gear with her hair in the customary ponytail and sunglasses perched on top of her head. She was interviewed together with her friend Hugo Porta who was the Argentine ambassador to South Africa for several years. He had already completed 6 Argus Cycle Tours and she said he was responsible for her being there (thank you Hugo!) Apparently they sat down together one evening about 6 weeks ago and he knew she was doing cycling now and he convinced her to enter the tour. She spoke about the race for bit – described it as wonderful and beautiful, a bit like the cycle tour version of herself then. She said she’d been doing cycling for 3 years and that she rode in 5 stages of the Tour de France last year. She did not compete for times but rather found it to be a good way to travel and see the world. Then the interviewer said that he must ask her about her tennis career and this was the closest I’ve ever seen to Gaby rolling her eyes but she recovered nicely and flashed him a flirtatious smile as she said something I didn’t quite catch but I think was along the lines of “if you must”. He then continued to roll off some of her achievements on the tennis court and talked about her rivalry with Steffi but she was quick to say “we’re good friends now”. Her eyes just sparkled when she said that in the way that it does when she talks about people she cares about, which makes her even more beautiful if that's even possible. I found it rather funny when he said “you won Wimbledon doubles with Steffi in 1988, it was?” and she shrugged her shoulders and said “somewhere around there, yes”. She clearly was so bored hearing him talk on and on about her tennis life. He then went on to ask Hugo Porta whether he would be coming back to South Africa in 3 months time to watch the World Cup. This is what I really wanted to know. Would Gaby be back in SA in June to watch Argentina play? How did she rate their chances? But alas, he never asked her. He probably had her confused with one of those women who sit and sulk in the kitchen and hold the World Cup responsible for keeping their husbands and their telenovellas away from them for a month.
Thanks for the report.
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #6607
country flag nat75

Oooopppsssie double post!!

Last edited by nat75 : Mar 17th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #6608
country flag bronco

bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice

Happy St Patrick's Day (Gaby if by some miracle your reading this) and to everyone else
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #6609
country flag bronco

thanks Jooly, happy St Patrick's day to you too
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:50 AM   #6610
country flag KJ1

KJ1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Good report Jooly. I wonder where she is going next and if she is going to make an appearance at the Sony Ericsson in Miami.

Last edited by KJ1 : Mar 18th, 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: misspell word
KJ1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #6611
country flag Jooly

"You must continue to work hard and become better at what you do every day." - Gabriela Sabatini

Simple words that she seems to live by and that have served her well.

13 Mar 2010
Weekend Argus
(Saturday Edition)
ZARA NICHOLSON

Sabatini and Porta share their sporting prowess

TWO ARGENTINIAN sporting legends, former rugby player Hugo Porta and tennis champion Gabriela Sabatini, who are riding this year’s Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour, have praised local coaches in Khayelitsha who are using sport as a positive distraction for township children.

PICTURE: MATHIEU DANOIS BALL SENSE: Retired Argentinian tennis star Gabriela Sabatini plays netball with children of Vuselela Primary in Khayelitsha as part of the Future Champs project, supported by the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation.

Yesterday, Porta and Sabatini visited the Vuselela Primary School where they spent the afternoon playing rugby and netball with children from the Future Champs project.

The project is one of many global drives supported by the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation which aims to promote sport among young people from disadvantaged areas.

Both sporting legends are in the city to ride in the Cycle Tour, but said visiting “inspirational” projects around the city was also part of their visit.

Porto is a member of the Laureus Academy which is supported by many for mer award-winning sports stars. Sabatini said she joined her friend Porta who was full of praise for Cape Town.

She told a crowd of children at the school yesterday: “I am so happy to be here and to show my support and to meet you all. You must continue to work hard and become better at what you do every day.”
Before kicking off her sandals to join the girls for a game of netball, she told Weekend Argus: “I really loved the idea of coming out here to meet the kids at this school. I think what Laureus is doing to help the kids is amazing. These kids are in need of a lot and it’s great that people are giving them opportunity through sport.”

This is Sabatini’s second visit to Cape Town – she was in the city in the 1990s to shoot a commercial.

This time she grabbed the chance to visit the city and ride in the Tour.

“Hugo did it a few times and he was telling me what a great race it is. I really loved it here and thought it would be a good idea to come again.”

Porta, who showed the boys that he could still perform a good tackle, spent a few minutes playing rugby with them.

Porta will be riding his sixth Cycle Tour. “I always have a lot of fun and enjoy meeting friends here and doing work for the Laureus Academy. That’s my main goal when I’m here.”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg getimageCAF03NRV.jpg (61.7 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Jooly : Mar 19th, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #6612
country flag Jooly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ1 View Post
Good report Jooly. I wonder where she is going next and if she is going to make an appearance at the Sony Ericsson in Miami.
I wonder too! It was great to have her here. She was able to fly under the radar because there was so much attention on Lance. If you weren't looking for out for her you would have missed her altogether
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #6613
country flag nat75

Quote:
"You must continue to work hard and become better at what you do every day." - Gabriela Sabatini

Simple words that she seems to live by and that have served her well.

13 Mar 2010
Weekend Argus
(Saturday Edition)
ZARA NICHOLSON

Sabatini and Porta share their sporting prowess

TWO ARGENTINIAN sporting legends, former rugby player Hugo Porta and tennis champion Gabriela Sabatini, who are riding this year’s Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour, have praised local coaches in Khayelitsha who are using sport as a positive distraction for township children.

PICTURE: MATHIEU DANOIS BALL SENSE: Retired Argentinian tennis star Gabriela Sabatini plays netball with children of Vuselela Primary in Khayelitsha as part of the Future Champs project, supported by the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation.

Yesterday, Porta and Sabatini visited the Vuselela Primary School where they spent the afternoon playing rugby and netball with children from the Future Champs project.

The project is one of many global drives supported by the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation which aims to promote sport among young people from disadvantaged areas.

Both sporting legends are in the city to ride in the Cycle Tour, but said visiting “inspirational” projects around the city was also part of their visit.

Porto is a member of the Laureus Academy which is supported by many for mer award-winning sports stars. Sabatini said she joined her friend Porta who was full of praise for Cape Town.

She told a crowd of children at the school yesterday: “I am so happy to be here and to show my support and to meet you all. You must continue to work hard and become better at what you do every day.”
Before kicking off her sandals to join the girls for a game of netball, she told Weekend Argus: “I really loved the idea of coming out here to meet the kids at this school. I think what Laureus is doing to help the kids is amazing. These kids are in need of a lot and it’s great that people are giving them opportunity through sport.”

This is Sabatini’s second visit to Cape Town – she was in the city in the 1990s to shoot a commercial.

This time she grabbed the chance to visit the city and ride in the Tour.

“Hugo did it a few times and he was telling me what a great race it is. I really loved it here and thought it would be a good idea to come again.”

Porta, who showed the boys that he could still perform a good tackle, spent a few minutes playing rugby with them.

Porta will be riding his sixth Cycle Tour. “I always have a lot of fun and enjoy meeting friends here and doing work for the Laureus Academy. That’s my main goal when I’m here.”
The Gaby's words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing!
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #6614
country flag Jooly

The Cape Town Cycle Tour results were published yesterday. Gabriela and Mariano both finished with a time of 4:02:36. Porta was a little further back with a time of 4:08:45 but then he is nearly 20 years older. FYI, the winning time was 2:39:55 and the winning lady was 3:06:11. I hope Gaby comes back next year.
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #6615
country flag nat75

Quote:
The Cape Town Cycle Tour results were published yesterday. Gabriela and Mariano both finished with a time of 4:02:36. Porta was a little further back with a time of 4:08:45 but then he is nearly 20 years older. FYI, the winning time was 2:39:55 and the winning lady was 3:06:11. I hope Gaby comes back next year.
Thanks for your report. Glad to see Mariano back. Whatever he is to Gaby, he seems to be a nice person and that's all that matters.
Closed Thread