The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 351 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #5251
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Sorry to read you have a hard time with Internet there! I'm surprised as I would expect it works fine in Europe. I have a wide band service that costs around 12 euros per month, and as I have a nice computer I have no problem in downloading and watching things, I mean, it takes me around half an hour to download a 400 GB file, which I think it's fine, at least for local standards.
Aldeb, I have Firefox too, maybe I'll try what you said and see what happens! Grazie BTW what's Rome like in summer? I guess it's pretty hot, ma sicuramente anche bellisima...
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #5252
country flag orfgab

orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
Sorry to read you have a hard time with Internet there! I'm surprised as I would expect it works fine in Europe. I have a wide band service that costs around 12 euros per month, and as I have a nice computer I have no problem in downloading and watching things, I mean, it takes me around half an hour to download a 400 GB file, which I think it's fine, at least for local standards.
Aldeb, I have Firefox too, maybe I'll try what you said and see what happens! Grazie BTW what's Rome like in summer? I guess it's pretty hot, ma sicuramente anche bellisima...
Yes, it's very expansive in Belgium. Of course, I'm still with Belgacom (the largest telecommunications company, it used to be a public company). It can be less expansive if you are with Tele 2 or some other new companies. But all the people who changed had problems and regreted it. So, I don't change. Belgacom is still the best one. You have less problems, and when you have a problem, they still try to help you. Even if I was mad yesterday. It's a telecommunications company, and it's impossible to phone them. I tried for hours before understanding that I had to go there to have an explanation. But it's still the best, even if it's the most expansive one. Belgium is a very expansive country for all those things (also for gas and all those stuffs). And for the taxes, we are the champions. Fortunately, we have a good social welfare. But that's all we have, I think.
orfgab is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #5253
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipazep View Post
A lovely addition, certainly i will post this weekend Gaby´s last win on tour then , from two broadcasts. In fact i will post last two Gaby´s wins on the tour.

Nice evening everybody!
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #5254
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok you must own an ISP (Internet Service Provider) . Im sure you meant 400 MB file .

BTW thanks god here in Venezuela we have unlimited download as well.!
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #5255
Sabatini lover Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfgab View Post
I'm happy that Sharapova is out. If she could be DEFINITELY out, it would be even better. Sad for Del Potro. He was my favourite one for this tournament. I love his calm and quiet personality.
I can´t belive what i am about to say

But i can´t agree more with you. Sharapova is so unpleaseant to watch, her attitude on court and her game are horrible.

That being said i am happy for Gisela, i saw her live in Miami against Jankovic and she is a pretty good player.
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 04:13 AM   #5256
country flag skylr27

skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post

But i can´t agree more with you. Sharapova is so unpleaseant to watch, her attitude on court and her game are horrible.

That being said i am happy for Gisela, i saw her live in Miami against Jankovic and she is a pretty good player.
Me too! But mostly I cannot stand that wooOOOOH crap that she does everytime she strikes the ball! Does anyone know if Mauresmo is playing & is she out or not? I love watching her play! Gisela is pretty good! I thought Del Potro would go a lot further in wimbie this year. He has a great game as well!
Good day everyone!
skylr27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #5257
country flag Aldebaran

Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice

Quote:
yes Rome is very beautiful in summertime (as well as in others seasons ) and normally is really hot but this year weather is not so good. very often it rains especially during the week end . for istance now there are a lot of clouds in the sky.
Aldebaran is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #5258
country flag Aldebaran

Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr27 View Post
Me too! But mostly I cannot stand that wooOOOOH crap that she does everytime she strikes the ball! Does anyone know if Mauresmo is playing & is she out or not? I love watching her play! Gisela is pretty good! I thought Del Potro would go a lot further in wimbie this year. He has a great game as well!
Good day everyone!
I really would like watch Amèlie playing she's the only woman I still follow with interest. I wish to her a good Wimbledon.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #5259
country flag Aldebaran

Quote:
Yes, it's very expansive in Belgium. Of course, I'm still with Belgacom (the largest telecommunications company, it used to be a public company). It can be less expansive if you are with Tele 2 or some other new companies. But all the people who changed had problems and regreted it. So, I don't change. Belgacom is still the best one. You have less problems, and when you have a problem, they still try to help you. Even if I was mad yesterday. It's a telecommunications company, and it's impossible to phone them. I tried for hours before understanding that I had to go there to have an explanation. But it's still the best, even if it's the most expansive one. Belgium is a very expansive country for all those things (also for gas and all those stuffs). And for the taxes, we are the champions. Fortunately, we have a good social welfare. But that's all we have, I think.
I can't believe you have all this problems with internet in Belgium
it must be frustrating
I have a subscription with Alice (Telecom the largest italian communication company) I pay a fixed fee each month, regardless of the hours of connection. Normally I have no problems even if sometimes download is very slow.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #5260
country flag orfgab

orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light orfgab is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
I can't believe you have all this problems with internet in Belgium
it must be frustrating
I have a subscription with Alice (Telecom the largest italian communication company) I pay a fixed fee each month, regardless of the hours of connection. Normally I have no problems even if sometimes download is very slow.
I don't have so many problems. For 39 euros per month, I have unlimited access. Well, time is unlimited, but not the volume (I didn't know it). I downloaded too much volume this month. So, Belgacom slows down my connection. I can still use internet, but it's very very slow. Downloading a match would take too much time. And posting pictures and stuffs like that, forget about this. I hope everything will be normal in 1 or 2 days.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #5261
country flag orfgab

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post

Yes, we all agree with Sharapova: ugly game, unbearable screams, arrogance, diva attitude. Nothing pleasant. The problem is that she's not the only one. The Williams and Safina and x and y. Women tennis is really facing a bad moment. And I don't see the women game recovering so soon. The youngsters are the same, maybe even worse. I don't know where this stuff began. Talking about the game, Monica Seles and Jennifer Capriati had a bad influence, I think. I liked their game very much, they had much more consistency that those new players. But it seems that the new players all took example on those two, but they just amplified their caracteristics. Result: an amazing disaster because I have the feeling that I watch bad clones. Otherwise, the first awful style (the first modern awful style, I mean, I don't like other older players either) was Davenport. Power, power and power. She was not a mover, just a hitter.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #5262
country flag orfgab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
I really would like watch Amèlie playing she's the only woman I still follow with interest. I wish to her a good Wimbledon.
You can be happy. She won this afternoon. I saw the last balls. The belgian TV had decided to do something different: they showed the end of every match this afternoon before showing the big "meal": Safina/Flipkens The afternoon was a lot of fun: very interesting to see so many matches in an afternoon (well, I didn't watch all the afternoon). For the Mauresmo lovers, bad luck: her match finished just after Hewitt's one, and they stayed with Hewitt. So, we could just see 3 balls or so from Mauresmo's match. Just to see her quite angry and unpleasant in the end. I don't know what the problem was, but she was still talking with the chair umpire after the match. Alde, since you are for Mauresmo, you would have been angry that they showed so few from her match.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #5263
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Otherwise, the first awful style (the first modern awful style, I mean, I don't like other older players either) was Davenport. Power, power and power. She was not a mover, just a hitter.
<cough> Mary Pierce </cough>

I, too, share your dislike of Davenzilla's game. She did the best she could with her physical limitations, so I suppose she ought to be given credit for that, but, God, was/is her game ugly as hell! Plus, an on court attitude that always made me want to switch channels whenever I saw her play. Ugh!
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #5264
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The belgian TV had decided to do something different: they showed the end of every match this afternoon before showing the big "meal": Safina/Flipkens
Reminds of when I lived in Singapore for a couple of years and the local coverage of tennis on STAR Sports usually meant showing a Paradorn Srichaphan match on Court 18 or something even if there were a dozen other really competitive matches more worthy of being shown. Of course on the bright side he usually lost before the fourth round, so one didn't have to put up with that rubbish for very long, but still.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #5265
country flag skylr27

skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice skylr27 is just really nice

Quote:
Yes, we all agree with Sharapova: ugly game, unbearable screams, arrogance, diva attitude. Nothing pleasant. The problem is that she's not the only one. The Williams and Safina and x and y. Women tennis is really facing a bad moment. And I don't see the women game recovering so soon. The youngsters are the same, maybe even worse. I don't know where this stuff began. Talking about the game, Monica Seles and Jennifer Capriati had a bad influence, I think. I liked their game very much, they had much more consistency that those new players. But it seems that the new players all took example on those two, but they just amplified their caracteristics. Result: an amazing disaster because I have the feeling that I watch bad clones. Otherwise, the first awful style (the first modern awful style, I mean, I don't like other older players either) was Davenport. Power, power and power. She was not a mover, just a hitter.
Orfgab - You are right on here! Women's tennis really is facing a bad moment. The recent articles over the grunting (most specifically the Stich one) put it in a really sexist light as well. How can we defend it when it is talentless (and virtually beauty I might add as an aside)? Back in the day it was about the game & when some fool was drooling over the women you could just shake your head and say "well the chick can play besides being a beauty". It is kinda sad!
skylr27 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread