The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #361
country flag samsung101

samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute
They all look very 'happy' (tipsy).

I think they always have parties like this for
the team in Argentina. We just don't get to
see pictures of her having fun! I can only
imagine the party they will have if Argentina
wins the Davis Cup this year!
samsung101 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #362
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
More pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gaby trepadora.jpg (17.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg gaby urbana jeans.JPG (13.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg gaby&ma-vidriera.jpg (20.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg gaby&mecha-davis03.jpg (30.7 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg gaby&moya-copaatt03.jpg (13.7 KB, 91 views)
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #363

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
More
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gaby&padres-premio.jpg (10.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg gaby&steffi-seul88.jpg (63.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg gaby&steffi-sonrisas87.jpg (29.7 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg GABY13.JPG (34.9 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Gaby-backhand01.jpg (20.6 KB, 90 views)
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #364
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future
Sigh... I miss Gabriela so much. Her mix of class and beauty is sorely missed... Oh, and just one thing, I don't think being linked to Ricky Martin is the best way to show that you're not gay, ha ha ha. Just a joke.
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #365
country flag samsung101

samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute
Ricky and she have both said they are just friends, and
did not 'date'. BEFORE he hit it big in America, he
was big in Latin music. He did a huge show in the
Buenos Aires square, and in Brasil, & while he was there,
they had dinner, and she went on his plane, with other
people. That was it. The press in Argentina made up
more about it. Ricky was not rumored to be gay in
his pre-Living La Vida Loca days, he looked very different
then too. She never said they dated, she just hung
out backstage, with a lot of other famous Argentines,
to see the show, and see Ricky. She's talked about it
in interviews.

That was almost 10 years ago wasn't it?

I think the last show he did there was attended by
all the big celebrities and political figures in Argentina
a few years ago.

I think most Latin celebrities think a lot of Ricky Martin,
and they would show up to see him in their home nation
if he put on a show, then, and now. Although, yes, the
guy seems to intentionally leave the door open to swing
both ways.

From Rula's board, she's also dated Luis Miguel,
the big Mexican singer. No one questions his sexuality.
That proves what? Nothing, one way or the other.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #366
country flag samsung101

Thanks for the photos. The old ones , very retro!

What's Goran up to these days anyway? Did he
get married to his girlfriend?

Now, if I find out Gaby 'dated' Elton John, we have
serious problems!

Or if I find out Jim Courier is dating Melissa Etheridge,
oh my....
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 03:26 PM   #367
country flag samsung101

Canas got a 2 year suspension for doping.
His career is over for all purposes.
Any comment from Gaby? He's a friend, and
she's been supportive of the Argentine male
players for years. If he did it, that was very
stupid. 2 years is a very harsh penalty.

In baseball, you get 10 days!
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #368
country flag samsung101

I find this funny. You look up Gabriela Sabatini + gay at
any search engine, and you get pretty much nothing.
A few board posts from weird sites.

A few message boards where some people conclude
she must be gay since she's not married, and always
with the same female friends, and once 'dated' Ricky.
But, that's about it.

The infamous ,'everyone' knows, or my 'friends' saw
her at a place in Argentina. At a Mauresemo site.
Not that I think there might be some wishful thinking
going on over there about her! Ha ha.

I doubt anyone who really hangs out w/her circle
of friends is spending time posting at weird websites.

Wishful thinking on the part of a few in some tennis
or gay sites, a la Boardreader or blogs.

After all these years, you'd think a lot of data would
pop up to nail her on this. She must know the tabloids
would like to get her in some indelicate situation or
some proof.

Put in some other names, and you get a slew of
links, with stories, and things. Jodie Foster,
Graf, Agassi, Brooke Shields, Courier, Jana, ASV,
even the Williams Sisters.

Sad to say, many think Agassi & Graf are faking it,
even now, and that ASV's marriage was a sham.

She says she is straight, so I'll take her word for it.
Pretty sad she has to answer that question at all in
an interview isn't it?
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM   #369
country flag samsung101

Following the logic of a lot of people,
if she went out with Ricky, she's gay.

That would mean Alejandra Guzman,
Mexican singer, and the actress from
the General Hospital soap opera he
dated, are also gay.

It would mean Amanda Coetzer is gay,
since she dated Brady Anderson for
one year, and Gaby had dinner with him
when she was part of Shrivers charity
event.

Gaby took Leo Montero to Australia with
her, and dated him for months. He's a tv
host in Argentina. He's not gay.

It just seems people cling to the few things
she has done that appear to be 'gay radar'
material. Neglecting the less public information
about her that puts cold water on those rumors.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #370

All those gay rumors here are due to the fact that she is a grown up woman who hasn't married yet, which is really unusual here: most men and women over 30 who never got married are thought to be "rare" here; that's where all this gay fuss over Gaby comes from. But she never did anything like that, and it would be very difficult to have kept everything secret as she's been so famous since that young. Anyway, we love her and that's all.
I'll keep posting some pics, someone will like them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gaby-backhand02.jpg (19.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg Gaby--backhandfinal.jpg (22.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-besocopaUSOpen90.jpg (34.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-bikini.jpg (46.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-concopausopen.jpg (29.3 KB, 80 views)
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #371

More
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gaby-copamaestra94.jpg (22.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg gabydriveimpacto.jpg (34.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg gabydriveplano.jpg (21.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-enParís03.jpg (8.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-flushing95.jpg (39.8 KB, 78 views)
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #372

Some last ones
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gaby-freddo.jpg (21.2 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg gabygallery7.jpg (34.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-golpes84.jpg (48.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-retoncourt.jpg (34.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg gaby-retsteffi&monica.jpg (41.1 KB, 89 views)
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #373
country flag sutter_cane

sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light sutter_cane is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_82
Oh yes, please do tell about those two meetings, would love to hear what she's like.

I found the fact that she moved out of her parents house to live across the street from them a bit funny too, then again they seem to be a very very close family.

I found that picture on Rula Azare's website. The goran Gaby dancing, in an article posted there:

It looks like they are having a blast
Are you asking me? Well anyhow, I’ll tell you about the first time, and I’ll not mention the second just in case I am mistaken.

First time I met Gabriela was when she was playing Eastbourne in the 80’s. She was staying at the very same hotel as myself and a few close friends. I had no idea, until one morning when I came down, it was around 9-00 am. I was going for an early morning walk, as during the night before I had a few too many and needed to clear my head before setting off to watch the tennis.
I was just stepping outside the front door of my hotel whenever my friend Adele shouted to me. I turned around and she gestured to her right hand side. I never took much notice at first. Then she became very excited, jumping up and down, eventually gaining everybody’s attention, including mine.
I couldn’t believe my eyes, standing there in front of me was Gabriela and a couple of her personal friends and colleagues. She was wearing a black and white striped jumper/sweater and jeans, very casual. Now if memory serves me correctly she had made an early exit from the tournament. I don’t think she played Eastbourne too many times (I must go check the exact year) so I guess she was booking put of the hotel.
Well anyhow, my friend Adele ushered me to go over to her and say something It was odd, there was what I considered to be one of the most beautiful women in the world, and my all time favourite tennis player. And me standing there like a fart in a trance. Unknowing what I should do. It seemed timeless, but Gabriela couldn’t have been standing there for long. Just as she turned around and heading towards the hotels exit I decided to say hello! By this time my friend had ran upstairs and found her camera As Gabriela made her way past me I said “ Good luck for Wimbledon Gabriela” she stopped, turned around and with beaming smile replied “Thank you!” By this time my friend was on the scene and asked could we have our photograph taken? Gabriela said sure, and this is so funny, Gabriela took the camera from Adele’s hand and told us to say cheese. We were both gob smacked, then Gabriela through her hand back and laughed loudly. She should had taken the photograph, the look on our faces spoke volumes.
So we got one of her friends to take our picture with Gabriela, it’s just so hard to explain when you come face to face with someone you so admire.
Gabriela pushed up close to us smiling away, her friend clicked on the camera, and flash picture taken. We both thanked Gabriela and wished her the very best for the future. I found Gabriela so down to earth, no heirs or graces and such a natural beauty. It was a cherised moment I have never forgotten.
I have the picture framed and hanging on my living room hall.
sutter_cane is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #374
country flag samsung101

Thanks for sharing the meeting. Any other stories are
appreciated too.

Nice to know she was friendly, and not a jerk!
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #375
country flag Joey_82

Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all
Nice story thanks . She seems to have a nice sense of humour as well. Thats great.
what about your second meeting , she must have been young in the first one, right, around 20, 21 years old something like that?

Thanks for the pictures, great ones. Its amazing how her look changed in all those years, she just keeps getting better and better.
Joey_82 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread