The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 06:37 PM   #301
country flag Joey_82

Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all
I know. but so far all indications are good
Joey_82 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:53 AM   #302
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait for sunday!

GO GABY!!!!
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:55 AM   #303
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Oh by the way did anyone else read that Sesil Karatancheva,the surprising 15-year-old bulgarian player QF in Roland Garros,mentioned Gaby as her tennis inspiration? This girl knows...
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:33 PM   #304
country flag Joey_82

Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all Joey_82 is a name known to all
yeah I read it. had a big smile across my face. She said some really nice things about Gaby. how she played and how graceful and always smiled no matter what. It was really nice to know current young players have Gaby as an inspiration and a reason for playing the game.

GO GABY GO GABY GO GABY GO GABY
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:16 PM   #305
country flag Joey_82

Wow new Gaby interview. Thanks to Rula, A great Gaby fan. She added a new interview from Le Equipe about Gaby on her website with one HOT picture. Check it out:

http://www.geocities.com/rulagaby14/...quipe2005.html

GO GABY GO GABY GO GABY
GOOD LUCK AGAINST HINGIS
Old Jun 5th, 2005, 01:52 AM   #306
country flag Bероника

It's Elegance now

Perfume is the new focus of Gabriela Sabatini.

Now 35, the 1990 U.S. Open champion has her own perfume line with 14 scents. The latest one is called `Elegance.' It joins the likes of `Devotion,' `Bolero' and `Summer.'

``These days I devote most of my time to my perfume line,'' the Argentine told L'Equipe newspaper in an interview from Buenos Aires. ``My new profession has nothing to do with tennis, but with being a woman,'' said Sabatini, adding that she also dabbles in the real estate market. ``I like investing in that sector,'' she said. ``The risk of messing up brings back a small bit of adrenaline that reminds me of my tennis days.''. — AP
Old Jun 5th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #307
country flag Joey_82

Thanks for that piece veronika.
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #308
country flag Bероника

Old Jun 10th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #309
country flag Gabriela azsab

Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice Gabriela azsab is just really nice
Gaby looks soooo young. not 35 at all.

Viva Gaby!
Gabriela azsab is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #310
country flag Joey_82

she looks GREAT! doesn't she.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 12:50 AM   #311
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
Cool Hi everybody

Hi everybody, I'm happy to see there are so many Gaby fans from all over the world. I'm Argentinian and this is my first post, so I have a welcome present for all English speakers. I hope you enjoy it!

Always Gabriela

While receiving love from the fans attending Nasdaq-100 Open, all-time best Argentine player spoke about the recognition she enjoys back home, how involved she is to national tennis and her current life style away from tennis rackets

Following the tennis tour enables you to be close to some real facts that seem far away or impossible to portray back in Argentina. From the very beginnig of the tournament, best-ever Argentine player Gabriela Sabatini has received respecto and veneration frome everyone wandering around Crandon Park, the complex that hosts Nasdaq-100 Open neighboring the apartment the former tennis player owns in Key Biscayne.
And Gabriela, huge Gabriela, is permanently responding to that passion. Stopping by to sign autographs, talking to every kid, affectionately greeting the boys eager to get a picture with her. Always a smile on her face. Always ready to say yes. Just like every great people who found a way beyond their remarkable resumé on their chosen activity, she is 34 years old and and owns a real sport ambassador woman style, which seems to be –unfairly- little considered back in Argentina. And not only in Key Biscayne. Sabatini gets cheering crowds in Rome, London, Paris, New York or any place in the world you can think of. And she is always announced or acclaimed as a special persona. No matter she has not played on the pro tour for over eight years, after eleven seasons during which she collected 27 titles, one of them here in 1989, and jumped on the rankings as high as the Nş3 position.

-Gabriela, how can you explain this phenomenon about you and the people? It is a remarkable, very big thing
- One great thing I always get is people’s affection, it’s unbelievable, there’s no explanation for that. I don’t know where all this comes from. It’s huge and I can’t make up for it. It’s beyond everything. It’s overwhelming. I don’t understand where so much love comes from. It happened to me go to places, say, Hungary, Slovakia or Poland y people’s recognition is unbelievable. It’s hard to understand because I never played in those countries. That makes me think about how far tennis can reach and what a popular sport it is.

- Isn’t it like a feed-back thing, in your opinion?
- I don’t know how to explain it. I was always well inclined towards people because they gave me so much. But I never expected their love to be so huge. Nowadays, I like to stop by and talk to people, on equals standards.

- Is there more recognition for you abroad?
-No, not at all. Back home it is amazing also, people come over and say to me “thanks for all you did and for all you gave us all”. It’s thrilling indeed.

- Just when Buenos Aires ATP Tour event was over, in February, you enjoyed a very special moment. During award ceremony, you were together with Guillermo Vilas and Gastón Gaudio, Grand Slam winners as you

-That’s true and it all came naturally. Martín (Jaite) called me during the match and asked if I wanted to present a trophy. It really was a wonderful time for me, as well as for Guillermo and Gastón. I have that picture at home: it was history.

- And on top of that, in the middle of a golden age for Argentine tennis
- Yes, it’s a fabulous time and we must take advantage of it. Argentina always produced good players, but never before we got three top-ten players and so many so close to be as now. It’s wonderful. I’d love it could be like that for girls too. It’s always harder for them. I don’t know whether it’s because it’s harder for a girl to travel alone or eventually leave home. We must keep on for girls to join this moment and start playing tennis

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRANSLATION, I'LL LATER POST THE WHOLE INTERVIEW TRANSLATION
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:31 AM   #312
country flag tigercub

tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice tigercub is just really nice
Thanks you for the translation: I'm trying to learn Spanish, but I'm still really bad at it. I'm sure we will be asking for your help translating again--welcome to these boards!
tigercub is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 11:39 PM   #313
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
Translation Part Ii

HI EVERYBODY
I'M GLAD YOU APPRECIATED IT, TIGERC
HERE'S THE FINAL PART OF THE INTERVIEW, SEE YOU

- As a matter of fact, you're gonna be a little to blame for what's coming over, as you're supporting Argentine Tennis Association. Why did you make that decision? What was your motive to help wholeheartedly?
- Tennis itself, above all. I'm not asking for anything in return. On the contrary, I just hope to somehow be able of giving back everthing the sport gave me and appreciate what all that meant. I know how hard those kids are triyng to make a place for them. If I can do anything for them, I'm really happy about that.

- You said you want to give tennis back. Going back over your career for a while, some painful things were said about you in Argentina that were hurtful, as long as you played really a few matches as a pro in the country, something you were also criticized about. What spurred you to do this thing with the Association? Did anyone ask you?
- No, I just talked to the boys at the High Performance National Centre, to Alberto Osete -her former personal trainer-, a friend of mine since several years ago. Everything came out from my confidence about them. I know they can do a great job with the juniors. 2001 economic crisis affected terribly juniors travelling. But there are some boys who are doing really well and who may be great as Juan del Potro, Emiliano Massa and Leonardo Mayer.

- Apart from your public appearances, how do you spend your time?
- I go every day to the office I have in Buenos Aires, I manage may personal business from there. The biggest thing abroad is selling the perfume named after me. I'm doing really well with the perfume, a new fragance is released every year and it's already been 14 differente fragances since the first. I'm deeply involved with the business and trends and promotion. I go to different countries, I do interviews. Strongest points are Europe and Brazil.

- You say nothing about tennis; are you holding a racket now and then?
- It's been long since I last played. But it's my time to get back on courts again. When I go back to Buenos Aires I'm gonna have to train a little for the exhibition match against Hingis, in June. I have to get prepared because I always have to play against someone who keeps playing. It was the same with Steffi: she even plays often.

- What players from your time you keep in touch with?
- I speak quite often to Steffi, Arantxa Sánchez and Mary-Joe Fernández

- Surely you've been to dinner at Agassis', in Las Vegas?
- No, Steffi and Andre invited me a lot of times, but I've not been able to go yet. I've promised I'll visit them.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: "Maria is an attraction leader. She's got the perfect combination: she's pretty and plays tennis very well. That's what people of WTA want to appeal the public, as it is about the Williams sisters with their looks and their dressing style."

LAS WILLIAMS: "I don't see them very often. When we rune into one antoher, we say hello and talk a little. I speak a little more to Richard, Venus and Serena's father, who's quite a personage." (character?, I'm not sure about the translation)

Memories from the Pope
Beyond tennis, John Paul II's world shocking death was'n not away froma our conversation with Gabriela Sabatini. "I was invited to Vatican City a long time ago and I was so unlucky Pope wasn't there at the time. In truth, this makes you realize how long John Paul II has been in charge of the Catholic Church. He was a huge personality, who demandes too much of himself por human race's sake", Sabatini pointed out
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #314
country flag samsung101

samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute
gaby websites

Fun to find Gaby fans here!
Que Sorpresa!

I check the internet once in a
while to find out if there is
anything new on Gaby. Do not
usually find anything.

Found this site! Great!

There are a couple of longtime
sites - Rula Azar's (mentioned
on this thread already).

Also, the Cosmopolitan
Cosmetics Gaby site
gabriela-sabatini.com
some real nice photos and
perfume videos there.

isa1077 is by a fan in
Europe, and is nicely done.
I think if you just type in
that name isa1077, it will
show up on google or yahoo.

That's about it that I know of.

I think she has had the same
boyfriend for a long time, he's
photographed with her a lot.
I think he even shows up at
one of the perfume videos.
I don't know anything else
about him.

What a nice surprise to find
this site. The Hingis and Graf
photos are terrific. I did not see
much of either match anywhere
else.
samsung101 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #315
country flag samsung101

samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

I had been unable to watch the perfume advertisements
before, but finally got them to work.

The 'gabriela-sabatini.com' website has a lot of
her perfume advertisement campaigns free to
watch.

It's kind of fun.

See how she has grown up.

I don't know who buys this. I've never seen it
around here. Someone does though, it's very
professionally done.

Might want to look at it.