The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #196
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Happy Birthday Gaby
Kart is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2004, 03:02 PM   #197
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Gaby attended Mercedes Paz wedding.Here are a couple of photos of the event:

Old Jun 24th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #198
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
She is such a strikingly beautiful woman (no surprise, I know), and having seen her in person at close range, I can honestly say pictures, while nice, don't do her justice.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:15 PM   #199
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute
Gaby looked gorgeous at the 1991 French Open. She still had that air of mystery around her, yet her great form that spring seemed to have given her the confidence she often lacked.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #200
Zummi

Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the photos, Veronika. Really nice to see Gaby & Mercedes together again. Made me think back to the photo of the two of them together as juniors from Gaby's autobiography.

Also good to see another favorite, Florencia Labat.
Zummi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:18 AM   #201
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Mercedes looks quite trim... I remember reading somewhere that players used to make comments about her large eating habits!

I loved Labat's game, the forehand that she had a HUGE backswing with, and then loved to smack it down the line. I remember reading somewhere about her that she said all the press used to look for the next Sabatini from Argentina but every Argentine on the tour thought Gaby was a 'goddess' and that she was sure no one would ever be able to emulate her! She said the same about Vilas and that no male would ever have the same effect on Argentine tennis that he did!
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 11:38 PM   #202
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
I found some Gaby pics:

Old Aug 6th, 2004, 11:50 PM   #203
country flag Bероника

Some more:

Old Aug 7th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #204
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously, when I look at her pics I cannot understand how it is possible that Anna or Maria are said to be "the beaty queens of tennis". If I were a guy I'd prefer Gaby any day.
Joana is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 12:19 AM   #205
country flag Bероника

I absolutely agree.I miss those times when woman beauty was embraced instead of nowadays childish beauty
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 04:47 AM   #206
country flag Calimero377

Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana
Seriously, when I look at her pics I cannot understand how it is possible that Anna or Maria are said to be "the beaty queens of tennis". If I were a guy I'd prefer Gaby any day.

Believe me, Joana, real guys do .....

Calimero377 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 06:05 AM   #207
country flag Robert1

Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light Robert1 is a glorious beacon of light
>>>>><Believe me, Joana, real guys do .....

So then you prefer Sabatini, Psycho Parche.
Robert1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 07:15 AM   #208
country flag Calimero377

Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold Calimero377 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1
>>>>><Believe me, Joana, real guys do .....

So then you prefer Sabatini, Psycho Parche.

Yes, I prefer real women like Sabatini (or Graf, BTW) to Sharapova or Kournikova types, Ruppert ....

Calimero377 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #209
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Muchos gracias Veronika!

BTW-has anyone ever seen the big coffee table book full of Sabatini pictures? At $50 US it cost a small fortune!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 04:52 AM   #210
country flag Itairpac

Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough Itairpac is a jewel in the rough
Gabriela

Beside the fact that I loved the game, Gabriela Sabatini was the reason I started watching tennis and obsessing over it!!! Capriati is my all time fav but, you'll always love your first!!! I miss Sabatini !!! She reminds me of my carefree college days!!!
Itairpac is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread