Linz: yes or no? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 13th, 2003, 06:16 PM   #1
country flag fleemkeģ

fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of
Linz: yes or no?

ok ...
Her official website sys she won't play but on the tournaments official site http://www.generali-ladies.at/ she is still the highest player playing there! They updated the site on september 29

What do you think? Will she play? Do you want her to play?

Well I don't know She has a lot of points to defend but I don't want her to be tired for LA.
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemkeģ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:24 PM   #2
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
I kinda don't want her to play, even through I'd see her on Eurosport & she'll lose some points there
I heard that WTA tries to convience her to play, but Carlos doesn't like the idea

I just hope that the chice will be good for her whatever it'll be

Still don't want her to play (she looked so tired in her last finals )

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #3
country flag Wimanna

Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute
The WTA "forces" her to play there.....Carlos said that in a belgian paper today. He said Justine is really tired. Playing Linz would be a bad choice from Justine he added... but it's up to her to decide.
Wimanna is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:35 PM   #4
country flag fleemkeģ

fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of fleemkeģ has much to be proud of
I can understand Linz a bit because Justine is the one who must attrack the public ... well if she plays I hope the tournament will give her everything she askes and gives her the best possible scedule!
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

Old Oct 13th, 2003, 08:24 PM   #5
minboy

minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of
NO!
playing while trired will only make her lose matches and confidance.
minboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 11:01 AM   #6
country flag fleemkeģ

This is what Jemp (webmaster from her official site posted):
Elle est sur la liste, mais elle ne va pas y jouer sauf si elle se sent 100% en condition. Elle ne veut pas risquer sa santé. Pour l'instant le Masters est plus important que les points ā défendre ā Linz.

Mais c'est vrai que le WTA pousse un peut.

My translation (frensh isn't my best friend ):
Justine is still on the list but she won't play if she's not 100% fit. she doesn't want to risc her health. The Masters are more important than defending her points in Linz. But it's true that the WTA is forciing her a bit to play.

So if she plays we know she's fit enough to play it I'll support her no matter what she does
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 01:56 PM   #7
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
I just hope she won't play if she's tired
That's all I want

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #8
country flag ns_Henin

ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all
I think Justine better play this tournament than Filderstadt
Good Luck Justine!!!
2004 AO
2004 Olympic Gold
2006, 2007 YEC
10 Tier I, 17 Tier II, 3 Tier III, 1 Tier IV
ns_Henin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 02:28 AM   #9
country flag Hingiswinsthis

Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of
This is the last important decision for Justine this season. The #1 ranking, rests on this decision. If Justine plays Linz, whe will most likely wear her self out before LA and only have one short week to recover before the tennis and busy public events get under way at the Staples Center.

Zurich and LA is what's going to determine the year-end #1. The USO took so much out of Justine that in both the Myskina and Clijsters finals, she ran out of gas in the end. Her little stature is taking its toll now. No matter how strong you are, you still need rest.

Also, there were Justine quotes saying that she wishes she was back in Florida to train with Pat because of her limited work-outs and practices in Europe this time of year. I really hope JuJu skips Linz and goes backs to Florida as soon as possible to win the World Championships.
Hingiswinsthis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 05:40 AM   #10
caseyl45

caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light caseyl45 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingiswinsthis
I really hope JuJu skips Linz and goes backs to Florida as soon as possible to win the World Championships.
I hope so, too. Unfortunately, Justine may not have too much say in this. Apparently there's a rule saying that the WTA can force players to play in certain events, and if the player doesn't agree, the fines can be fairly harsh. She may not want to play, but if it comes down to the WTA forcing her to pay or having to compensate the Linz tournament because they didn't provide the right players ... well, I have a bad feeling that they'll forget about how worn out Justine is.
caseyl45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 10:20 AM   #11
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, it would be very unfair if they make Justine play and not Serena (who was also committed).
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 06:51 PM   #12
country flag Lady

Please take some rest, Justine!! Don't play Linz

Old Oct 17th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #13
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I guess she (Ju) listened to us .
She WON'T play Linz, announces her official site.

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #14
country flag Hingiswinsthis

Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of
that's good to hear. also, with her Linz points going to be taken off, Kim will most likely end the year #1.....but I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather win a French Open and US Open titles

Again, Justine is #1 at heart as many think as well as her self. I would love to see Justine be ranked #2 and win the World Championships rather than be #2 and play these small events to try to reach #1 and get worn down.

FLORIDA awaits Justine
Hingiswinsthis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #15
country flag Lady

Well, if Justine wins WTA Year End Champs, she'll be #1!!! (without Linz)