Jade Hopper - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:25 PM   #1
Postcard

Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold Postcard is a splendid one to behold
Jade Hopper

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...988404199.html
Postcard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2003, 10:46 AM   #2
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Well the best thing about that article was she said Kim was her favourite

A while ago after Fila signed her the gold coast bulletin had abig article on her and they were making it out that she received rich endorsments financially from Fila - now I find that ridiculous, for exmaple Kim only gets paid by Fila if she is top 8 in the world, so if they aren't willing to pay Kim if for instance she dropped to 9 why the heck would they pay Hopper.

She is incredibly tiny in real life when you see her up close, also saw her practice, and didn't think she was that extraordinary, maybe she had a bad day. Physically I think she is going to have problems later if she goes onto play on the tour, she will be overpowered. And now this is just my perception - but she seems to be running her own ticket box if you know what I mean.

She has an incredible amount of pressure for a 12 year old who realistically hasn't done that much yet.

Yeah I'm not her biggest fan, I just think she gets a lot of attention cause of her last name, whilst others who are just as talented or more talented once again get over looked- I bit unfair I think.

But thanks for the article
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 12:28 PM   #3
country flag Aussie_Kim

Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all
Thanks for the article! Quite interesting.
I guess she is lucky to have had all that help, so long as SHE really wants it. ( I mean she could not have had any more help if she wanted, her Dad has given her everything.)

Personally I would not want that much pressure on me to perform at such a young age.

Anyway I would be happy if she succeeded, after all she is Australian!! Just hope other kids have as much of a chance as her.

Best of Luck in 2007 to: Kim & Bryan, Lleyton, Alicia, Todd, Sam, Chris, Casey, Wayne, Kirsten & all the other Aussies & injured players.
Aussie_Kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 02:40 AM   #4
nm_cb

nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say she gets a bit of help by her last name.
But I am going to see her play today as she is in a tournament in Perth, that I am in. So I can tell you guys if she is anything that she is said to be like.
She is playing in 16s. A big ask for a 12 year old, but it will be interesting...
nm_cb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #5
country flag kell

kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough
Hmm...I remember watching Jade on some kind of Current Affairs program a while back. Personally, I think its wrong for a parent to shove a child in a certain direction, and that's what they're doing. I'm sure she's used to her routine now and maybe even enjoys it, but she's gonna look back one day and wonder whatever happened to her childhood.

ALICIA FOR PRIME MINISTER
kell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:30 AM   #6
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell
Hmm...I remember watching Jade on some kind of Current Affairs program a while back. Personally, I think its wrong for a parent to shove a child in a certain direction, and that's what they're doing. I'm sure she's used to her routine now and maybe even enjoys it, but she's gonna look back one day and wonder whatever happened to her childhood.
Isn't there a younger sister too??

Anyway Im just wondering how a 12 yearold body can cope with such training. When she's 20 she'll feel 40.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:37 AM   #7
country flag kell

kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough kell is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle
Isn't there a younger sister too??

Anyway Im just wondering how a 12 yearold body can cope with such training. When she's 20 she'll feel 40.
I'm no doctor, but I'm sure you're right.

But of course by the time she does a Hingis and retires still a very young woman, she'll have made a good name for herself and enough money to make mummy and daddy very proud

I'm not sure about a younger sister...if there is one, she'll probably go through the same thing. Maybe her parents will try and recreate the Williams situation.

One thing I think is interesting is that Jade likes Kim because of her clothes...not technique...hmm...she obviously still thinks like a little girl, which is good to see.

ALICIA FOR PRIME MINISTER
kell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #8
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah there's a younger sister Skye - think she's about 8 or 9
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #9
nm_cb

nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point nm_cb is an unknown quantity at this point
From memory Skye is 9 or 10 now.
I watched Jade play today....
Not what I expected. She isn't a very powerful player, she is just consistent. Her serve isn't very strong, she could have been tired because she flew in last night/late afternoon from Melbourne, but she would be used to it by now. But everyong at tennis was socked, she wasn't half as good as they thought with all the publicity sorounding her.
If the girl she played played her normal game (she was making mistakes that she wouldn't normaly make) She could have beaten her.
Her next opponent should give her a scare, maybe even beat her.
nm_cb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #10
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Jade is overated, just like Monique Viele was.
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #11
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
She's 12 for crying out loud! You dont have power at that age, its all about consistency!

She's like not even 5 foot yet! 4 foot 5 to be exact I think and as skinny as a rake.

Power doesnt come into girls tennis until 14-15year old. Why do you think Olivia Lukasewicz was whitewashed at this years Australian Open!

At this stage its all about gaining technique, touch and consistency. Also training in mental toughness and diet are important too. It will be at least another 3 years before we will know whether or not Jade has a chance even!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 02:17 PM   #12
country flag Aussie_Kim

Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all Aussie_Kim is a name known to all
nm_cb can you tell us how she does in the tournament?? I am curious!! Ta.
P.S do you know Wayne or Jeanine Wallis??

And goodluck to you ( you said you were in the comp right!)
You will have to tell us how u go, what age r u competing in?

Best of Luck in 2007 to: Kim & Bryan, Lleyton, Alicia, Todd, Sam, Chris, Casey, Wayne, Kirsten & all the other Aussies & injured players.

Last edited by Aussie_Kim : Oct 6th, 2003 at 02:58 PM.
Aussie_Kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 05:29 PM   #13
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
I thought the article was interesting from the scientific point of view. Her training has obviously been made taking into account her current size. Reading between the lines, her training will be adapted once her growth spurt starts, with the intent of avoiding physical problems other players who have started really young have had.

She is never going to be a big girl, so consistency and technique, combined with a will to win will have to be her strongest points. Will be interesting to see how she is going in a couple of years.
Vicky88 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 09:06 PM   #14
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Just read in today's Age that Jade was beaten 6-0 6-0 in the final by her double's partner. I hope that whoever her doubles partner is, is also getting appropriate training/funding and that she doesn't slip thru the system because of all the attention being on Jade Hopper.
Vicky88 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #15
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
but then Jade and her doubles partner won the doubles

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote