Major Hurricane is predicted to hit Eastern US within days. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2003, 07:33 PM   #1
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Major Hurricane is predicted to hit Eastern US within days.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WEATHER/09/1...bel/index.html

Th center of the hit is predicted to be between NC and NJ.
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #2
country flag Mase
In my new place!!

Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute
Ok so Im in Va and hadnt heard a DAMN thing about this, hahahaha!

You know your online too much WHEN......

CRAZY!

Mase is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #3
country flag decemberlove

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
yeah the ocean is already up and kicking.

....This is fucked up, fucked up....

This is your blind spot, blind spot.
It should be obvious, but it's not.

You cannot kickstart a dead horse
You just crush yourself and walk away
I don't care what the future holds
Cause I'm right here in your arms today
With your fingers you can touch me

I'll be your black swan, black swan
I'm for spare parts, broken up.

decemberlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #4
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by decemberlove
When it will be, what happened four years ago with Floyd will be a minor accident. This is category 5 hurricane with catastrophic destruction potential.

As they say, it is already certain that someon between NJ and NC is going to ge hit badly. It's question of whom. At the moment the most likely hit point seems to be between Richmond,Va and Washington, DC. Will happen around Friday.
I would not mind it being NJ - Floyd was so much fun and something to remember.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:15 PM   #5
country flag Mase
In my new place!!

Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute Mase has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
When it will be, what happened four years ago with Floyd will be a minor accident. This is category 5 hurricane with catastrophic destruction potential.

As they say, it is already certain that someon between NJ and NC is going to ge hit badly. It's question of whom. At the moment the most likely hit point seems to be between Richmond,Va and Washington, DC. Will happen around Friday.
Right around where I live..... good times

Last edited by Mase : Sep 14th, 2003 at 08:22 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #6
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase
Right around where I live..... good times
It won't be that funny if it hits there. If it hits a major metropolitan area, consider us having another September,11 in terms of damage.

This is not joke. Go to home page of any US news agency - CNN, CBS, anything. This is the breaking news of the day, not anything else, not even Williams shooting.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #7

decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute decemberlove has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys

i love hurricanes, but its very true NJ rarely gets hit with anything. itd be pretty devastating for the jersey shore to get the worst of the storm.

i would definitely mind it being jersey since i live right on the shore and most of us just arent used to ANY kind of natural disaster besides the occasional weak nor'eastern. were going to have some flooding either way it looks, fromthe size and the intensity of the storm, regardless of where it hits.

floyd was lots of fun when it happened... the ocean was just AMAZING.

Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:42 PM   #8
country flag Mase
In my new place!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
It won't be that funny if it hits there. If it hits a major metropolitan area, consider us having another September,11 in terms of damage.

This is not joke. Go to home page of any US news agency - CNN, CBS, anything. This is the breaking news of the day, not anything else, not even Williams shooting.
I was bring sarcastic with the Im not looking forward to it/ nor want the storm to hit by any means......

Old Sep 14th, 2003, 08:55 PM   #9
country flag apoet29

apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys

I think Mase was being sarcastic. I lived in southern Florida for years and have survived many hurricanes enough to know that they are not a joke. I'm sure that many other hurricane survivors feel the same way. In addition, I have friends and family who live in these areas, so I am worried about their safety.

BTW, Hurricane Irene just got replaced by a story on Secretary of State Powell stating that Iraq is still a major terrorist threat. In today's climate, no story ever stays in the public's conscience for too long.
apoet29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:00 PM   #10
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoet29
BTW, Hurricane Irene just got replaced by a story on Secretary of State Powell stating that Iraq is still a major terrorist threat. In today's climate, no story ever stays in the public's conscience for too long.
On CNN.com it is still a top story.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:02 PM   #11
Meesh

Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute Meesh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I just went to the beach on Friday and I couldn't believe how big the waves were. I live in Central Florida so I usually don't get affected but a few years ago we actually had to board up sliding glass doors and windows of my apartment and my employer let us all go home.
Meesh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:06 PM   #12
country flag apoet29

apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
On CNN.com it is still a top story.
It's not on MSNBC, Fox News or Yahoo. You're right. A hurricane of this magnitude should be taken very seriously. Fortunately, Isabel has experienced a dip from her category 5 standing and may continue to weaken as it heads for shore. As of 11:00 a.m. this morning, Isabel was still 370 miles from the coast, so there is a chance that she may substantially weaken before reaching landfall.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoet29
I think Mase was being sarcastic. I lived in southern Florida for years and have survived many hurricanes enough to know that they are not a joke. I'm sure that many other hurricane survivors feel the same way. In addition, I have friends and family who live in these areas, so I am worried about their safety.

cnn.com has the satellite pic of the hurricane, front page

when it comes closer, its all people will be talking about

Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:10 PM   #14
country flag apoet29

Quote:
cnn.com has the satellite pic of the hurricane, front page

when it comes closer, its all people will be talking about
I saw that. I'm hoping that Isabel will weaken before making landfall. Since she was 370 miles off the coast this morning, there is a good chance of that happening.
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM   #15

i hope so too, but i have very lil faith in forecasters