How Do You Think Justine's Play Will Be Affected By All The Controversies? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:56 PM   #1
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute
How Do You Think Justine's Play Will Be Affected By All The Controversies?

We all have come to find out how sensitive Justine is, do you guys think these allegations will affect her at all?
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:03 AM   #2
Juju_fan

Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point
She'll be more determined as ever.
I don't see her losing a match for the next 10 years

Juju_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 01:24 AM   #3
country flag ns_Henin

ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all ns_Henin is a name known to all
Will not affected her at all
Come on Justine!!!
2004 AO
2004 Olympic Gold
2006, 2007 YEC
10 Tier I, 17 Tier II, 3 Tier III, 1 Tier IV
ns_Henin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 02:58 AM   #4
country flag Hingiswinsthis

Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of
no, justine is so mentally tough, infact this will only make her work harder. if she does beat Kim on a world stage again, what Leo Clijsters said about Justine and doping will come back and hit him right in his flemish a$$. Losers are so bitter.......they never learn!
Hingiswinsthis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 09:24 AM   #5
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
I'm afraid it will. Everyone has it's limit, may be this is too much ..
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 09:37 AM   #6
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by per4ever
Yeah, I agree with you. C. Rodriguéz said in several newspapers yesterday that Justine is very sad about what was said when she arrived at the airport. She expected a totally different welcome (well, who didn't !!??) I hope she can keep her head up, and that she sees the tons of supports she's now getting from readers in newspapers, certain journalists and her fans (who just like me go posting a sweet lil' message in her guestbook on her official site Justine reads those messages everyday and has said on several occasions they help her a lot ...)
Besides, it's not good for Justine mental 'status', but I don't think Clijsters is benefiting from all this either...

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #7
minboy

minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of
It will make her stronger, just like those 'injury break' allegations made her stronger.
minboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 11:20 AM   #8
country flag fleemke³

fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of
Well I think/hope she'll get over it She's a fighter. If you see from where she's coming she'll turn those negative things into positive

Good luck Justine

Tip: write something in Justine's guestbook Well we're not sure she'll read all of it but if she does she can use every good word (www.henin-hardenne.be) Just do it!
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemke³ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #9
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by per4ever
I was thinking the same thing.

Still, Justine has been quite amazing in the face of adversity.

Plus, the impression I'm getting is that most people are on her side on the matter (including the WTA...it's a really good thing that she signed with Octagon, BTW) and that Lei Clijsters is just digging a huge gaping hole for himself.

And maybe that unfortunate reception by the media at the airport might motivate her to win another slam away from home so that she can get a proper greeting next time.

(Thinking of positives.)
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 05:34 PM   #10
minboy

minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of
you're right saying that justine is very sensitive when it comes to critics.
But these are not critics, these are bullshit.
Justine is far too intelligent to let it affect her imo.
She knows that it was yet another of those medias craps, trying to create a war between her and kim.
ANd the fact that everyone supports her ( wta officials, the letters from angry fans in the papers, her guestbook ) is good for her.

I 've said in another old thread that "when you think she's down, she comes back stronger". I was proven right with the way she handled those gameships accusations in New York. i'm sure i'll be proven right this time again.

so i'm not worried at all
minboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 09:04 PM   #11
country flag greg²

greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road greg² is on a distinguished road
think positive: they 've found the new black sheep now the williams are gone for a moment
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger

Christine Henin-Hardenne, the queen of Queens

Aussie Justine

2003: Dubai, Berlin, Charleston, Roland Garros, San Diego, Toronto, US Open
2004: Sydney, Australian Open, Indian Wells, Olympics
greg² is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #12
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute
I think she'll be fine. There hasn't been anyone who's supported the doping accusations and plenty who've defended her against them. If anything, it should translate to greater popularity for her in Belgium, no?
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #13
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute Lady has a reputation beyond repute
I also think that now people in Belgium will support her even more!! And what could be better then that!!
I believe that this won't effect her much!! I hope she knows that people are on her side!

The real LADY of the Justine Philistines' Society™
Lady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 10:33 PM   #14
country flag fleemke³

fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of fleemke³ has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady
I also think that now people in Belgium will support her even more!! And what could be better then that!!

Yep I've noticed it too! Many reactions of readers in newspapers were very nice towards Justine Let's hope she finally gets her credits now
YEC Madrid '06,'07
41 titles

fleemke³ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 10:10 PM   #15
Allez Joosteen

Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all Allez Joosteen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian KC
We all have come to find out how sensitive Justine is, do you guys think these allegations will affect her at all?
While it's true that there is a fragility about Justine, we have to take into account as well that she's also a resilient person. She's my favourite not only cos of her talent and athleticism but she's very tennis-minded. Of course she appreciates the monetary benefits but she doesn't give me the impression that she's consumed by it nor is she immersed in the poncept of being a celebrity. I think if it all ended today she'd still be happy cos she's overcome so much adversity and she realises she is much better off than many others.
Allez Joosteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote