McShea/Musgrave walkover or not? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:38 AM   #1
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
McShea/Musgrave walkover or not?

It's not official yet, but apparently Kim and her coach said on the Belgian TV-news that Kim was going to pull out from the doubles-tournament as the schedule would be to busy with 4 or 5 doubles-matches to go in a few days plus potentially 3 more singles matches.

So, the rain has his first victims. The #1 seeds in doubles stop playing in the middle of a grand slam!

The tournament organisers definitely made some strange decisions earlier this week with this 2nd round doubles match but Im not complaining, great to see these girls (McShea/Musgrave) have this chance in the 3rd round and a winnable match at that against 13th seeds Vento-Kabchi/Widjaja.

Great to see the Aussies pick up more ranking points and prizemoney too!

Last edited by AUSBOY : Sep 3rd, 2003 at 06:13 AM.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:32 AM   #2
azza2

azza2 is an unknown quantity at this point
azza2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:33 AM   #3
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY
...these girls (McShea/Musgrave) have this chance in the 3rd round and a winnable match at that against 13th seeds Vento-Kabchi/Widjaja.
Winnable? Do you realise that Kabchi/Widjaja already won a title together and reached final in Toronto in few weeks ago?

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:15 AM   #4
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSydney
Winnable? Do you realise that Kabchi/Widjaja already won a title together and reached final in Toronto in few weeks ago?
Vento-Kabchi can be erratic and Widjaja doesnt hit with that much pace!

I think its very winnable. Both Musgrave/McShea when on can match it with most of the top doubles teams.

They aren't slouches, you can't say they dont have a chance!

All four girls have 1 Grand Slam Doubles Q/F appearance.

Vento has 2 WTA doubles titles
Widjaja and McShea have 1
Musgrave 0

Musgrave and McShea have over 70 Challenger/Satellite titles between them, they are experienced players.

McShea is no slouch in doubles, she's been top 50 and Musgrave been top 65 and has several semi-final appearances at WTA events this year.

Vento's confidence is obviously pretty high atm. It will be tough, the seeds will probably edge the Aussies, but I think it could be close!
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 06:11 AM   #5
AUSBOY

McShea/Musgrave walkover or not??

Schedule is up and Clijsters/Sugiyama are down as playing Musgrave/McShea!

If this was the case surely they would also schedule the 3rd round to be played tomorrow as well

I wonder if there has been a mistake or wheter Kim and Ai want to ensure they both win their singles matches before pulling out. Or maybe they figure this match is such a cakewalk that they will play it and pull out of the 3rd round!
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 07:16 AM   #6
country flag ~|Naomi|~

~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute ~|Naomi|~ has a reputation beyond repute
no official withdrawl as of yet. All Marc Dehous (Kim's coach) said was they were contemplating withdrawing because of the big backlog of matches. My guess is Kim will see if she wins her QF with Mauresmo if she wins expect a match, if she doesn't expect 'walkover' to come up on the schedule.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 08:59 AM   #7

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
I told you so!

Last edited by Mattographer : Sep 4th, 2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 02:00 AM   #8
AUSBOY

Finally the walkover confirmed, good luck in the 3rd Round Girls!!
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 03:15 AM   #9
aussie_stars

aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold
go girls!!!
aussie_stars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #10
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
i saw mcshea play at wodonga this year when i stumbled upon the tournament driving past that area...and she seems to have a game perfectly suited to doubles as she has a nice slice and great volleys, but she really could use a bit more power IMO.

i think they have a 50/50 chance. vento and angie dont hit the ball that hard as ausboy pointed out, so im sure our girls will be fine at the net ...much better odds than playing kim/ai LOL

Old Sep 6th, 2003, 08:11 AM   #11
AUSBOY

Tight 3 set loss oh well they did well!
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 09:55 PM   #12
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Tight 3 set loss oh well they did well!
Lisa & Trudi were leading 5/1 in the final set before losing it in the TB
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 02:42 AM   #13
AUSBOY

OMG really??
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 03:02 AM   #14

What?!

Old Sep 8th, 2003, 04:59 AM   #15
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
OMG really??
Yes I was following the livescores and couldn't believe it
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote