Nicole loses a close one - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:18 AM   #1
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Nicole loses a close one

After taking the 1st set in enphatic fashion nicole pratt ran out off steam today against Ai i nthe 3rd round match

She started of well but lost 64 36 36

She played awesome and had not mnya errors and played her game to the max but klost the plot in the final set

It was a scrappy match with most 12 broken games

WELL DONE NICOLE great effort to make it this far

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:22 AM   #2
country flag Mateo Mathieu
Aliasholic

Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute
Nicole, it's your great chance but FUCK UP!!

She commited only 8 winners compose to Ai had around 20!! However, Ai commited over 50 unforced errors and Nicole had around 20!!

♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎

Mateo Mathieu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:22 AM   #3
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
46 2nd set
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:27 AM   #4
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
she tried her best

yeah she had chances but she played awesome but she saved more break points and forced AI to make double her errors

Nicole game is not about hitting winners its about consistency which she had, i watched from set 1 and it was obvious in the 2nd and 3rd sets AI woke up and realised what to do

U DID AWESOME!!! your best US open performance

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 03:43 AM   #5
country flag aussiefan83

aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice
Bad luck nicole. But great tournament
aussiefan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 03:48 AM   #6
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Well done Nicole on making it this far.

Alex, think you need to chill. I don't think Nicole deliberately lost the match and she is probably beating herself up over lost chances.

Lets hope the rest of her year is just as good.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 03:54 AM   #7
country flag Mateo Mathieu
Aliasholic

Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not mad but just disappointed I just happy with her performance!

♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎

Mateo Mathieu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 03:57 AM   #8
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Alex, well put. Agree disappointment is a good description of how we all feel that she was not able to go one round further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSydney
I'm not mad but just disappointed I just happy with her performance!
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 06:02 AM   #9
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Nicole

Disappointing, but she gave it her all and it just wasn't to be! Congrats to Ai though

Here is a snippet of what Nic had to say after the match....

Pratt got the early jump, keeping the ball deep and without pace.

“In the beginning the ball was soft and slow,” Sugiyama said. “I was making a lot of errors. I had to work every single point, every single shot. Then I played a long rally and got a rhythm.”

Sugiyama changed her game a little, including making a few forays to the net to keep the pressure on Pratt. She also ran the Australian from side to side, probing for an opening.

But Pratt kept running everything down, forcing Sugiyama to hit yet another ball. “I’m pretty tired,” Pratt said. “It was a pretty intense match and I was doing a lot of running.

“I’m disappointed I lost, but I’m happy with the effort I put out. I pretty much left it all out there.”

In the fourth round, Sugiyama will take on No. 29 Francesca Schiavone of Italy, a 7-5, 7-6 (9) winner over Tina Pisnik of the Slovak Republic.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 08:50 AM   #10
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Nicole did well, however I think the lack of a big weapon will cost her every time when playing the big guns on a BIG stage like a slam.

I read an article in the Hearld Scum in which Nicole said that she remodelled her serve and backhand during the offseason and was suprised that it clicked in the Oz Open. Bringing in these changes may have stifled her progress during the midyear, however hopefully we will see the fruits with some more impressive performances.

Full credit for trying to improve and not using age as an excuse!!!