Chris Evert Thread - Page 98 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #1456
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evertmad View Post
Managed to find the Red Carpet interviews for the Gala night from the charity event after much searching. Whole weekend went very smoothly although as Daze mentioned Chrissie was much more low key than usual. She made fewer comments on court than past years and just her whole general demeanour was quite...!! Great to meet up with Daze was a real honour..... and fun to chat about Chrissie.
Think the whole Greg thing is weird...managed to obtain a copy of the Presidents Cup programme and all of Greg's comments which I will write down are just so glowing and the fact that they went to press with it means they were made really close to the event so no one appears to have seen this split coming...
Anyway enjoy the interviews....glad to be finally home but this rain is just pants..!!
http://www.wpbf.com/seenonthescene/21561565/detail.html
Thanks for posting all the interview's, and glad you had such a great time.
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #1457
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Thanks for posting all the interview's, and glad you had such a great time.
Good Afternoon SueAs always you are so kind and well mannered in how and what you post. You are an example to us all!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #1458
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Good Afternoon SueAs always you are so kind and well mannered in how and what you post. You are an example to us all!!!
Charmer
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #1459
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Charmer
Good Morning SueDid you ever want to see Chris play more doubles? I thought she was a great and underrated doubles player.
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #1460
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Good Morning SueDid you ever want to see Chris play more doubles? I thought she was a great and underrated doubles player.
Good Morming MackyI was just happy to see her play But if she had played more doubles, it may have shorten her singles carear.
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #1461
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Good Morming MackyI was just happy to see her play But if she had played more doubles, it may have shorten her singles carear.
SueI just remember watching her in the Wightman Cup and Wimbledon doubles and expecting her to look out of place with regular and top 10 ranked doubles players- she never did which shows the quality of her doubles play.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 04:22 AM   #1462
country flag BaselinersChrisE
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough BaselinersChrisE is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
SueI just remember watching her in the Wightman Cup and Wimbledon doubles and expecting her to look out of place with regular and top 10 ranked doubles players- she never did which shows the quality of her doubles play.
Hi Iain thanks for your interesting comments and thanks even more for the link to Chrissie DVDS - I have now really enjoyed watching her matches from the 70s that I have read about and will be replying to in this Forum. Maked me appreciate Chrissie even more and her match play in the 70s was so impressive v Goolagong, King & Court. What an Ice Cool player she was then. No nerves.

Have just watched her 76 Wimby Doubles with Martina and what a match the commentator said she was the best player and like many female players she did the double at Wimby. Such a shame she dropped Martina as a doubles partner. I feel they would have been much better than Shriver-Navvy! Shame also Evonne dropped out of the 82 pairing. They would have done well although Chris played well with Kathy Rinaldi.

I also feel she would have done well with good old John Lloyd in the mixed. How I loved their mixed doubles against the Borgs in 80 with Princess Anne watching! She did well with Jimmy in 74 US Open final - runners up. I feel they were too competitive and her US Open 74 was a disappointment in contrast to Jimmy's. One aut0biography presents Chrissie looking resentfully at Jimmy and his entourage the end of the celebration dinner table while Jimmy celebrates!

Whatever, Chrissie was a great doubles player.

Remember also her Fed 78 win with King when they both threw their racquets in the deciding tie. What a memorable win!

Shame Chrissie did not win more doubles but as she said it was not her forte. Perhaps just Evertable and singluarly minded!

Nevertheless a lovely champions
BaselinersChrisE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 06:32 AM   #1463
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselinersChrisE View Post
Hi Iain thanks for your interesting comments and thanks even more for the link to Chrissie DVDS - I have now really enjoyed watching her matches from the 70s that I have read about and will be replying to in this Forum.
i wonder what would make the video section at chrisevert.net more obvious, as it seems many people familiar with the site never see the videos were there all along. in fact, rick started his collection there - i still have his original list of about 16 tennis matches, which now of course is about 16000! but the evert matches in particular at ce.net had been gathered from over a decade of collecting and bettering the quality trade by trade. of course, now they've been bought up or traded & re-distributed which is great, because its all about getting the footage out there into people's lives & not just in history books. i just wonder why those links to matches are missed? with ce.net the focus really is just on chris, not on the entirety of players like most tennis dvd sites, but a major part of the site's mission still is definitely to get those matches to people without them needing to find emails through chat pages. If anyone has ideas about what is making those links visually inaccessible, let me know... I would like to improve that...without making a blinking sign with an arrow, of course!!!

i realize it may come off like that post is about ricklovestennis & other such sites, but its not - i send people to him myself on a regular basis, especially as i cant be bothered with steffi graf & stephan edberg fans! but i want to be aware of how ce.net is failing to be clear to chris evert fans about what is available to them. currently there are links on the front page & also one in the videos section. so thanks for any ideas!!

Last edited by daze11 : Dec 2nd, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM   #1464
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselinersChrisE View Post
Hi Iain thanks for your interesting comments and thanks even more for the link to Chrissie DVDS - I have now really enjoyed watching her matches from the 70s that I have read about and will be replying to in this Forum. Maked me appreciate Chrissie even more and her match play in the 70s was so impressive v Goolagong, King & Court. What an Ice Cool player she was then. No nerves.

Have just watched her 76 Wimby Doubles with Martina and what a match the commentator said she was the best player and like many female players she did the double at Wimby. Such a shame she dropped Martina as a doubles partner. I feel they would have been much better than Shriver-Navvy! Shame also Evonne dropped out of the 82 pairing. They would have done well although Chris played well with Kathy Rinaldi.

I also feel she would have done well with good old John Lloyd in the mixed. How I loved their mixed doubles against the Borgs in 80 with Princess Anne watching! She did well with Jimmy in 74 US Open final - runners up. I feel they were too competitive and her US Open 74 was a disappointment in contrast to Jimmy's. One aut0biography presents Chrissie looking resentfully at Jimmy and his entourage the end of the celebration dinner table while Jimmy celebrates!

Whatever, Chrissie was a great doubles player.

Remember also her Fed 78 win with King when they both threw their racquets in the deciding tie. What a memorable win!

Shame Chrissie did not win more doubles but as she said it was not her forte. Perhaps just Evertable and singluarly minded!

Nevertheless a lovely champions
Good post and I am glad that you are enjoying your DVDs- I dont really think that Navratilova and Evert would have been anywhere near as successful as Navratilova/Shriver IMO. I feel that pairs such as Casals/Turnbull, Jordan/ Smith, Fairbank/Reynolds, Barker/Kiyomura, Sukova/Khode may have had too much around the net for Chris and Martina to have won with the regularity of Navratilova and Shriver. But what a magical moment in their rivalry that they had that Wimbledon win of 76- and to beat BJK and Stove, who were well established GS winning team, just might lead to a lot of questions re my statement that they would not have beaten a lot of the teams in the 80s.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 05:04 PM   #1465
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
i wonder what would make the video section at chrisevert.net more obvious, as it seems many people familiar with the site never see the videos were there all along. in fact, rick started his collection there - i still have his original list of about 16 tennis matches, which now of course is about 16000! but the evert matches in particular at ce.net had been gathered from over a decade of collecting and bettering the quality trade by trade. of course, now they've been bought up or traded & re-distributed which is great, because its all about getting the footage out there into people's lives & not just in history books. i just wonder why those links to matches are missed? with ce.net the focus really is just on chris, not on the entirety of players like most tennis dvd sites, but a major part of the site's mission still is definitely to get those matches to people without them needing to find emails through chat pages. If anyone has ideas about what is making those links visually inaccessible, let me know... I would like to improve that...without making a blinking sign with an arrow, of course!!!

i realize it may come off like that post is about ricklovestennis & other such sites, but its not - i send people to him myself on a regular basis, especially as i cant be bothered with steffi graf & stephan edberg fans! but i want to be aware of how ce.net is failing to be clear to chris evert fans about what is available to them. currently there are links on the front page & also one in the videos section. so thanks for any ideas!!
DazeYou are going to kill me but I have never noticed the videos for sale on the ChrisEvert.net. I dont know why- I will have to go back and revisit. I wonder if it is because the results and interviews etc are so fantastic I just havent been looking for videos. I definitely do want to see more of the Evert matches I missed because I was too young. I have most of the Barker ones I want now and I really want to see more of Chrissie!!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM   #1466
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
DazeYou are going to kill me but I have never noticed the videos for sale on the ChrisEvert.net. I dont know why- I will have to go back and revisit. I wonder if it is because the results and interviews etc are so fantastic I just havent been looking for videos. I definitely do want to see more of the Evert matches I missed because I was too young. I have most of the Barker ones I want now and I really want to see more of Chrissie!!!!!!
when you go to the front page, it is a big box at the bottom, where it also says 'evert museum' ... have you not seen either of those? ...there at the bottom? and there i thought you were always on the look out for bottoms.

tell me where it would have to be to catch your eye. i thought it was 'slap you in the face' obvious but proof is in the pudding how many people keep not finding that.
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 08:39 PM   #1467
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
I hate to admit this,but I have never noticed it, sorry Daze! Maybe it just doesn't stand out, I'm off now to have another look!
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM   #1468
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
I hate to admit this,but I have never noticed it, sorry Daze! Maybe it just doesn't stand out, I'm off now to have another look!
What a twit, I am! I can't beleive I didn't notice it before, I'm so sorry Daze
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM   #1469
country flag daze11

Quote:
What a twit, I am! I can't beleive I didn't notice it before, I'm so sorry Daze
what do you think would make it stand out more? i actually lose sleep at night that people sit around re-playing 5 minute youtube clips about 1 1/2 inches tall, when they could be watching the full matches on a full screen. did you ever notice the 'evert museum' part that is next to it???
Old Dec 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM   #1470
country flag daze11

heck, i think i just may add a tab at the top with the other items in brown... people probably scan that with their eyes.