Chris Evert Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 07:59 PM   #91
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold
Boy, have I been neglectful!

You'd never know I was a Chris evert fan for all the times I've been in here, but there is great stuff in here! Thanks for all the pics and stories guys!
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 08:17 PM   #92
cunnihingis

cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light
great photos, stories, trivia, gossip.

mark i'm shocked to that that rosie and frankie could bagel martina/chris. frankie's fastest serve was what 68? 70? that's chip and charge territory for martina.

i remember watching the young and the restless that year just to see chrissie's boyfriend jack ford.

what i would've enjoyed most back then was to go otu with chris because i could see her totally cutting loose and slamming back a few drinks and swearing like a sailor. my kind of girl.
cunnihingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:31 AM   #93
country flag darren cahill

darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all darren cahill is a name known to all
Love that photo of Chris and martina at the 86 french open. Thats the look i liked best on Chris....nice photo!
darren cahill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2002, 09:44 AM   #94
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if any of you have seen this picture

WOW! If there's anything I love about Chrissie, it's her fashion and playing style Apparently this is from MSG 1977.

If anyone has more photos of Chris from 1970's would greatly appreciated Let's just say 1980's is the decade, designers & hairdressers forgot LOL.
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2002, 05:31 PM   #95
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics everyone! Check out TennisFan 75's site when you get the chance.

It's been ages since I've seen her on video-but these shots reminded me of how graceful she was with her non dominant playing arm-like the one Tennis 75 has of her volleying or Sam's serving shot. . She had perfect form-in more ways than one

That 77 pic makes me think of an old Elton John song Sam--
"Wrap her up!".

Last edited by Rollo : Mar 6th, 2003 at 10:26 PM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2002, 10:19 PM   #96
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold
thanks Rollo...

I LOVE that photo sam!

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #97
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Bump for Mark
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 04:47 PM   #98
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Rollo! Was I going blind, or was this thread unreachable?
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #99
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

After 30 days with no replies you have to hit a button near the bottom to go back before that. Have fun at the Nasdaq!
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 02:07 AM   #100
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
BUMP

All those Chris and Evonne fans - in this thread I copied their first meeting from Evonnes perspective.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #101
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Some bits from the issue of Tennis when Evert retired.

She made the cover 15 times from 1972 til her retirement.

Barry Lorge on Chris:

She was "the best at zinging somebody and making it sound gracious".

"She did get in a few barbs over the years, but she did it very skillfully."

"Even at Sweet 16, she preferred to be called Chris because that sounded more sophiticated, but in out affections, part of her will laways be Chrissie."

"She is really a Cosmipolitan woman, but you always expected to see her on the cover of Vogue."

Grand slam record: 299-37.

Aussie: 30-4 (never less than a finalist)
French:72-6
Wimbledon: 96-15
Us Open: 101-12

Ranked in top 4 from 1972-1989(start of year), in incredible 18 years

Virginia Wade on Evert clones: "..everybody copied what was the most obvious thing about Evert, which was her game. And what they couldn;t copy was her signature, which was her strength upstairs."
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:55 PM   #102
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Question for Evert fans or anyone...what was he rlast match like?
I was living in Japan and didn't see it

I've read where Zina cried, many in the corwd cried, and reportedly even a couple of TV announcers cried!
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 09:38 PM   #103
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo

I've read where Zina cried, many in the corwd cried, and reportedly even a couple of TV announcers cried!
I watched it in disbelief. I was shocked because I could remember at least a dozen matches previously between these two where Chris just dissected Zina's game like a surgeon, but Chris was totally flat this day. I hated to see it purely from a tennis standpoint, because nice as Zina was (and is)- her game was a conglomeration of bad tennis- choking up on the racquet, bad technique on virtually every stroke, and volleys that were often hit as if she wasn't sure where to go- and most of the time she had no clue. I applaud the work she does with inner-city clinics, though!
alfajeffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 02:11 AM   #104
macn

macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice macn is just really nice
I was wondering if Chris Evert ever lost a match because the other player was better that day? Reading her Bio and listening to some of you, It seems she always had an excuse when she lost!
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 02:53 AM   #105
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo

Just to be picky I think the Fed Cup was her last tournie for that year wasn’t it?? It might have been in Japan if I remember correctly. So Rollo you may have been able to see her after all!! US won the Fed Cup – Martina, Chris, Pam etc… Chris beating Martinez and Martina determined to win for Chris played a horrible first set but fought back to beat ASV. Apparently Martina was disappointed that Czech beat Germany 2-1 in the qtrs – therefore not getting a chance to revenge Steffi for her US defeat.

For the US Open match Chris lead 5-2 in the first but Zina really picked up the pace and didn’t miss much. After that run from 2-5 to 7-5, Zina was in control. I remember Zina saying that she hated being in that situation to beat Chris. However in the end Zina didn’t have to do much.

I can’t remember if the winner had a potential match against Martina or Steffi, but maybe Chris was looking beyond the Zina match.

I can remember Zina in tears and whilst walking from the court Chris gave her a hug. It looked like Chris was comforting Zina! not the other way around!