Chris Evert Thread - Page 67 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 06:21 AM   #991
country flag mimi67

mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
but i am really shocked and sad for chris, and I would almost think they would 'fake' their way through this for a month or so until they are not so much in the spotlight, but obviously they needed to get some time to themselves, and were not prepared to wait.

I think if they were sure they were divorcing, they would say so. The statement when the marriage with Andy ended, they came right out and said divorce. So I would not go too far on this just yet; a lot of things happen in a relationship and these two have been spending an amazing amount of time together, constantly on the road, not in the comfort of home, etc. so we will see.... I hope things are worked out.
I agree, you would have thought they could have waited until after this Presidents Cup thing. So I don't buy the 'friends' stuff. If they had just grown apart but were still friends...well, you'd support each other as friends, right? Whatever has gone on between them Greg Norman has sure got a challenge on his hands facing the world's press (much of which will laugh its head off) next week. Chris is the lucky one in that she can hide at least. My gut feel is that Greg has messed up big time for Chris to drop him in it right now.
mimi67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM   #992
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

I think something mega must have gone wrong, for them not to have waited till after the Presidents Cup. It's only a week away after all! After all they went through to be together, it all seems, such a waste.
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM   #993
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
Always a sure-fire sign something is broken in a marriage and a prominent couple is about to divorce.

Holy-moly, what a mess! Maybe Chrissie is trying to take some of the heat off Martina?
Maybe you have something there. Martina and her ex are due to go to court in a few short weeks...hmmm. Chrissie must be some friend
Fifty bucks says Chrissie has got herself a new man
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM   #994
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
OH, bless your poor wishful heart. But, c'mon- Chris has got boys lined up around the block to fill ya in on what an Evert "separation" leads to.....
you are as consistent with your zingers as lady E herself with the passing shots!!!
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 01:42 PM   #995
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

I'm still in shock! What with the PC next week, and Greg playing in the Aussie Open soon, why didn't they just muddle on till the end of the year. That's why I think it's something really bad. Maybe Greg won't play in the Aussie Open, he could used his shoulder as an excuse, the Aussie press will eat him alive, when he goes down there.
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 02:56 PM   #996
country flag mimi67

mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
I'm still in shock! What with the PC next week, and Greg playing in the Aussie Open soon, why didn't they just muddle on till the end of the year. That's why I think it's something really bad. Maybe Greg won't play in the Aussie Open, he could used his shoulder as an excuse, the Aussie press will eat him alive, when he goes down there.
Whether or not he gets a hard time will depend on what happened I would think. But whatever did happen, I feel very sad for both of them. It must be devastating. What's your intuition telling you Sue?

(thinking it might be better to continue in the other thread, although it's name doesn't seem quite so appropriate now)
mimi67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 03:10 PM   #997
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi67 View Post
Whether or not he gets a hard time will depend on what happened I would think. But whatever did happen, I feel very sad for both of them. It must be devastating. What's your intuition telling you Sue?

(thinking it might be better to continue in the other thread, although it's name doesn't seem quite so appropriate now)
Good idea! See you there!
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM   #998
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi67 View Post

now, now troubles & breakups are central to the story of most relationships after all. you dont get to volume 20 without some of those!!

i am gonna change it to volume 21, because this IS a different chapter, no matter what happens.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM   #999
country flag chrissiefan

I'd leave the name for a while, you never know, there might be more twists to the story!
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 06:47 PM   #1000
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future

Sigh!
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 09:27 PM   #1001
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
That is true I can almost see Chris & Pam & Martina teaming up for a new kind of Golden Girls tv program, "Grand Slam Girls" where pam talks incessantly about her 1 grand slam final appearance, and we follow the protagonists on a series of mis-adventures.

but i am really shocked and sad for chris, and I would almost think they would 'fake' their way through this for a month or so until they are not so much in the spotlight, but obviously they needed to get some time to themselves, and were not prepared to wait.

I think if they were sure they were divorcing, they would say so. The statement when the marriage with Andy ended, they came right out and said divorce. So I would not go too far on this just yet; a lot of things happen in a relationship and these two have been spending an amazing amount of time together, constantly on the road, not in the comfort of home, etc. so we will see.... I hope things are worked out.
Yeah and in that Grand Slam Girls special, Chris, Martina and Pam argue over who had the most acrimonious split of all from her spouse!!
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #1002
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
Mrs. Ex Norman must be laughing her ass off now
She dosent sound the nicest woman in the world, but can you really blame her if she is?
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #1003
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That is true I can almost see Chris & Pam & Martina teaming up for a new kind of Golden Girls tv program, "Grand Slam Girls" where pam talks incessantly about her 1 grand slam final appearance, and we follow the protagonists on a series of mis-adventures.

Daze. That is a very good point and it is worth considering the pressure that 24/7 relationships have. Do you know something though? It is amazing how unlucky in love both Evert and Navratilova have been? i really do wonder if that champions mentallity that made them such all time greats does lead to difficulties in relationships? I mean once the glow of initial love has gone and habits/routine settles in? Not a criticism, I just wonder?
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #1004
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
OH, bless your poor wishful heart. But, c'mon- Chris has got boys lined up around the block to fill ya in on what an Evert "separation" leads to......Plus, this might be their half-baked way of tryin' not to say too much before Greg's President's Cup deal. In any case, even if they "reconcile" at some point in time for a minute or two.....it just may be time for Zsa Zsa Evert to acknowledge that, maybe, JUST maybe, the ol' trollop just ain't the marryin' kind.
. Jeff oh I so wish I had caught up with you in New York. The sense of humour you show here is ace, a stage act.. Old trollop? Poor Chrissie, I did think along similar lines but not with the same language. Me being innocent and all in the ways of the world
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #1005
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
I think something mega must have gone wrong, for them not to have waited till after the Presidents Cup. It's only a week away after all! After all they went through to be together, it all seems, such a waste.
Sue. Dont take this the wrong way,but the marriage was founded on cheating. It was almost fated that someone would cheat again. It was never going to be a fairytale I am afraid. Dont shout at me!!!!