Chris Evert Thread - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2009, 05:59 PM   #961
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Daze. BFTP has a reputation does it? Why with such nice rational people as us on it?
I'd like to think, we have a good reputation I will admit, that some of the things, I have read, have been a "bit out there", but I tend to ignore those!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2009, 06:21 PM   #962
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

I was just on Youtube, and someone has posted an interview of Chrissie on the David Letterman Show, from 1989. It jumps around abit, but it's still fun to watch. Chrissie is a bit flustered, because she is late, and Dave was filling in, while they were waiting for her to arrive.
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM   #963
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
I'd like to think, we have a good reputation I will admit, that some of the things, I have read, have been a "bit out there", but I tend to ignore those!
Morning Sue. I know that some of the stuff can be pathetic and crazy but that is like 4%. Most of it is interesting and intellectual re the game and its history!!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:18 AM   #964
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I was just on Youtube, and someone has posted an interview of Chrissie on the David Letterman Show, from 1989. It jumps around abit, but it's still fun to watch. Chrissie is a bit flustered, because she is late, and Dave was filling in, while they were waiting for her to arrive.
Sue. I must check it out. I always find her very interesting when interviewed. In the Monica Seles biography it is really great to hear how much respect the young Seles had for Evert. When she defeated her in the final of Houston in 89, Seles was as happy as at any time in her career. That one is on Youtube as well!!!!
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:31 AM   #965
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/tennis-talk/43525001
pinapin54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:37 AM   #966
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapin54 View Post
Thankyou that was very interesting.
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 01:42 PM   #967
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapin54 View Post
Thanks Pinapin. I play on the Wii, do you think that counts for good exercise! If I lived in America, I would enter that competion! Greg has just had an operation on his Shoulder, so I might win a few holes!
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM   #968
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Thanks Pinapin. I play on the Wii, do you think that counts for good exercise! If I lived in America, I would enter that competion! Greg has just had an operation on his Shoulder, so I might win a few holes!
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:14 PM   #969
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
I have you know I an a wizz at Crazy Golf The real thing can't be much harder can it I'd give up the golf bit to play tennis with Chrissie
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM   #970
country flag iainmac

Quote:
I have you know I an a wizz at Crazy Golf The real thing can't be much harder can it I'd give up the golf bit to play tennis with Chrissie
Sue. I bet the crazy golf version is actually more athletic than the real thing. I mean I love their style but what other top sportsmen can be 65 and smoking cigars? Not that I dont like their style!!!!
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 03:33 PM   #971
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sue. I bet the crazy golf version is actually more athletic than the real thing. I mean I love their style but what other top sportsmen can be 65 and smoking cigars?
Billiards and darts I guess. But no problem - you don't have to be tired at the end of doing it for something to qualify as a sport. I would say that if the end result depends on a form of physical activity it qualifies as a sport. So, chess or poker don't qualify because no physical skill is required, but, say, darts does - because no matter how many beers those players may drink and no matter how many cigarettes they may smoke, you still have to be able to throw those darts at the right spot.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM   #972
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Billiards and darts I guess. But no problem - you don't have to be tired at the end of doing it for something to qualify as a sport. I would say that if the end result depends on a form of physical activity it qualifies as a sport. So, chess or poker don't qualify because no physical skill is required, but, say, darts does - because no matter how many beers those players may drink and no matter how many cigarettes they may smoke, you still have to be able to throw those darts at the right spot.
I agree with you.I was only being jokey about it. I think I would classify these as sports as well. However there is a difference between athletic sports and non athletic. And of course they dont really smoke anymore- the only sportsmen who seem to are golfers, off duty American footballers and eh lest we forget Marat Safin.
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM   #973
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with you.I was only being jokey about it. I think I would classify these as sports as well. However there is a difference between athletic sports and non athletic. And of course they dont really smoke anymore- the only sportsmen who seem to are golfers, off duty American footballers and eh lest we forget Marat Safin.
There are quite a few soccer players who smoke also. And I suspect that there are quite a few people in sports who occassionally smoke one of a different variety - one them funny cigarettes.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #974
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Sue. I bet the crazy golf version is actually more athletic than the real thing. I mean I love their style but what other top sportsmen can be 65 and smoking cigars? Not that I dont like their style!!!!
Macky I think guys like Tiger and greg, and the other top guys are pretty fit! Don't Greg and Chrissie work-out every day,(well that's what they call it). I know lots of people like darts, and I have even played it loads myself, but I never think of it as sport. Mind you, didn't you have a World Champ, Macky, you know that skinny guy, Jocky Wilson, wasn't it I use to be a John Lowe fan, myself.
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM   #975
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
There are quite a few soccer players who smoke also. And I suspect that there are quite a few people in sports who occassionally smoke one of a different variety - one them funny cigarettes.
I think some of our Soccer players, get up to all sorts of thingsBut the less said about that the better!