Chris Evert Thread - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #901
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Thanks for the video Pinapin. So that's what the inside of those box's looks like, I've always wondered! I know she always goes to the US Open, but I wish she's come back to Wimbledon. She must get treated really will at The Open, after all she did win 6 times, but I'm sure Wimbledon, would make a fuss of her too!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #902
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Thanks for the video Pinapin. So that's what the inside of those box's looks like, I've always wondered! I know she always goes to the US Open, but I wish she's come back to Wimbledon. She must get treated really will at The Open, after all she did win 6 times, but I'm sure Wimbledon, would make a fuss of her too!
Hi Sue. I kind of guessed what the boxes looked like as we were in one at the Rod Laver arena for a rock concert when we were in Australia. They are brilliant and so comfortable. Thats the life. I know I dont understand why she avoids Wimbledon and the French Open. She is so revered in both places and would be welcomed with open arms. I guess she has a lot going on in her life.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #903
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

IT was interesting for me because I didnt agree with anything she said. Oudin thinks a lot more than most players, and moves the ball around, and can hit flat to force openings. Thats like Chris other than being short. But she doesn't 'move a lot better' than Chris; few have covered the court as well even if it was not all foot speed in Evert's case. Strange for her to say that.

And serena...well, she had a number of footfault calls against her during the open, and if it is a rule, then it applies as much to point #3 of the match as to the last point. When your foot breaks the plane of the line, you get footfaulted because its cheating. She was winning 25% of her 2nd serve points, so its not hard to imagine she felt extra pressure and was inching up on the line again. It certainly is a hard call to miss!! As opposed to a ball going 100 mph with player's movement distracting you, its pretty clear if someone steps over a line with their toe. I cant buy the idea that, out of nowhere, in a match where she hadnt called it before, that this lineswoman made up in her head seeing serena footfault. She did, and she deserved to be defaulted.

and on kim? that no one has matched serena shot for shot? she's lost in most events by the 3rd round this year....a lot of players have done more than match her. Great that serena has won 2 events and that they both were slams, but i am sure part of her over the top anger was at herself because she has been so undisciplined all year that she couldnt pick and choose when to get her game on, against a player as good as kim who wasnt intimidated by her legend but forced her to play tennis. so kim showed her up and she was embarrassed and got mad, and then took the bait to have an excuse as to why she really lost. It was a terrible moment for womens tennis in that regard.

but there ya have it!! i would hope chris would consider stepping in a bit to coach a player like oudin, because she's a real hope for american tennis, and chrissie's academy is supposed to be the birdseye for the future of the pro sport in the states.

Last edited by daze11 : Sep 17th, 2009 at 05:53 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM   #904
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

I think Chrissie doesn't like to blow her own trumpet! She always plays down her athletic abillity, in fact she often says she doen't have any! As for Oudin, what pressure would it be to be called the new Chrissie, especially by Chrissie herself!

Serena let herself and her spot,down badly, and I agree a rule is a rule. But even on Sky, the pundits were saying, that there is an unspoken rule in tennis, that you don't call a foot fault, in the last 3 games of the match! That is on the men's tour, so I assume the Women's tour would be the same. I think Serena "lost it", because she was being beaten, by a girl, she was expected to beat, and who hadn't played for nearly 3 years, and she just couldn't cope with that.

Kim winning, was a shot in the arm, for Women's tennis, and lets be honest, it needed it. Serena will now have to up her game. I agree with Chrissie, that when Serena is playing her "A Game", she is hard to live with, but often to tour matches, she doesn't bother to bring her "A Game", I think from now, that will have to change.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #905
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
IT was interesting for me because I didnt agree with anything she said. Oudin thinks a lot more than most players, and moves the ball around, and can hit flat to force openings. Thats like Chris other than being short. But she doesn't 'move a lot better' than Chris; few have covered the court as well even if it was not all foot speed in Evert's case. Strange for her to say that.

And serena...well, she had a number of footfault calls against her during the open, and if it is a rule, then it applies as much to point #3 of the match as to the last point. When your foot breaks the plane of the line, you get footfaulted because its cheating. She was winning 25% of her 2nd serve points, so its not hard to imagine she felt extra pressure and was inching up on the line again. It certainly is a hard call to miss!! As opposed to a ball going 100 mph with player's movement distracting you, its pretty clear if someone steps over a line with their toe. I cant buy the idea that, out of nowhere, in a match where she hadnt called it before, that this lineswoman made up in her head seeing serena footfault. She did, and she deserved to be defaulted.

and on kim? that no one has matched serena shot for shot? she's lost in most events by the 3rd round this year....a lot of players have done more than match her. Great that serena has won 2 events and that they both were slams, but i am sure part of her over the top anger was at herself because she has been so undisciplined all year that she couldnt pick and choose when to get her game on, against a player as good as kim who wasnt intimidated by her legend but forced her to play tennis. so kim showed her up and she was embarrassed and got mad, and then took the bait to have an excuse as to why she really lost. It was a terrible moment for womens tennis in that regard.

but there ya have it!! i would hope chris would consider stepping in a bit to coach a player like oudin, because she's a real hope for american tennis, and chrissie's academy is supposed to be the birdseye for the future of the pro sport in the states.
Daze. I agree, Evert was phenomenal around the court and I didnt get why she should say that about Oudin. Evert is funny actually- she is really modest about her own achievements and is dignified re not bringing up the past when discussing the present and the future!!!!
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #906
country flag iainmac

Quote:
I think Chrissie doesn't like to blow her own trumpet! She always plays down her athletic abillity, in fact she often says she doen't have any! As for Oudin, what pressure would it be to be called the new Chrissie, especially by Chrissie herself!

Serena let herself and her spot,down badly, and I agree a rule is a rule. But even on Sky, the pundits were saying, that there is an unspoken rule in tennis, that you don't call a foot fault, in the last 3 games of the match! That is on the men's tour, so I assume the Women's tour would be the same. I think Serena "lost it", because she was being beaten, by a girl, she was expected to beat, and who hadn't played for nearly 3 years, and she just couldn't cope with that.

Kim winning, was a shot in the arm, for Women's tennis, and lets be honest, it needed it. Serena will now have to up her game. I agree with Chrissie, that when Serena is playing her "A Game", she is hard to live with, but often to tour matches, she doesn't bother to bring her "A Game", I think from now, that will have to change.
Sue. I agree with you there. The Williams sisters are all time greats but they have got away with minimal effort outwith GS due to the lack of real quality at the top of the womens game. I think that the re-emergence of Clisjters is fantastic for the sport of womens tennisPeople actually are interested again!!!
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #907
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Daze. I agree, Evert was phenomenal around the court and I didnt get why she should say that about Oudin. Evert is funny actually- she is really modest about her own achievements and is dignified re not bringing up the past when discussing the present and the future!!!!
Hi Macky. Chrissie is just to modest! I think it's only recently her boys, have become aware of what a great tennis player, she was! I think everything she has ever won, is at her parents house! She always says the past is the past, and she always puts herself down anyway!
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #908
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Hi Macky. Chrissie is just to modest! I think it's only recently her boys, have become aware of what a great tennis player, she was! I think everything she has ever won, is at her parents house! She always says the past is the past, and she always puts herself down anyway!
I know I really admire her modesty Sue. You know she is remarkable but does not dwell on the past. When I was in the USA I heard her being interviewed for Fox and she is not fixated on her past. She said her greatest match at the Open was beating Austin in 80 and after that she said she never lost to Austin again. Actually she was hammered in two of their three matches thereafter but I know that was what she genuinely remembers rather than fabrication!!!!
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #909
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
I know I really admire her modesty Sue. You know she is remarkable but does not dwell on the past. When I was in the USA I heard her being interviewed for Fox and she is not fixated on her past. She said her greatest match at the Open was beating Austin in 80 and after that she said she never lost to Austin again. Actually she was hammered in two of their three matches thereafter but I know that was what she genuinely remembers rather than fabrication!!!!
I've seen her interviewed, many times, and she has been asked about a certain match, and she just looks blank, and admit's she can't remember! She always say's it's years ago, why would I remember! She likes to live in the here and now, and that's a good thing, I think.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #910
country flag iainmac

Quote:
I've seen her interviewed, many times, and she has been asked about a certain match, and she just looks blank, and admit's she can't remember! She always say's it's years ago, why would I remember! She likes to live in the here and now, and that's a good thing, I think.
Sue. I know and she is like Sue Barker in a way. I know Sue is not in the same league but they both do not like to talk about their achievements and are very much here and now. Also they are both very vacant at times when they are asked about matches in their careers. Sue can only remember the Wightman Cup and the 77 Wimbledon semi final!!!!!
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #911
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Sue. I know and she is like Sue Barker in a way. I know Sue is not in the same league but they both do not like to talk about their achievements and are very much here and now. Also they are both very vacant at times when they are asked about matches in their careers. Sue can only remember the Wightman Cup and the 77 Wimbledon semi final!!!!!
Macky I think it would be hard, for Sue, to forget the 77 Wimbledon semi final! What a nightmare! Some TV pundit's remember all their matches, which in a way is quite sad, you can't live in the past, which is why I think Chrissie chooses to forget them.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #912
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Macky I think it would be hard, for Sue, to forget the 77 Wimbledon semi final! What a nightmare! Some TV pundit's remember all their matches, which in a way is quite sad, you can't live in the past, which is why I think Chrissie chooses to forget them.
Sue How sad does that make me though? Off the top of my head I can remember the scores for 90%of the matches that Barker played through her career!!!!I dont know if that means I live in the past- I doubt it- or that I just adored Sue when I was an innocent lad- ok just lad!!!!!
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #913
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i'm CERTAIN you meant she was hammered in 2 of their 4 matches therafter!!

1981 Toronto, Ontario F L 6-1, 6-4
1981 Toyota Championships RR W 4-6, 6-4, 7-6
1981 Toyota Championships SF L 6-1, 6-2
1982 Toyota Championships SF W 6-0, 6-0

with the hammering tracy took being the final nail in the coffin.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #914
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Sue How sad does that make me though? Off the top of my head I can remember the scores for 90%of the matches that Barker played through her career!!!!I dont know if that means I live in the past- I doubt it- or that I just adored Sue when I was an innocent lad- ok just lad!!!!!
Macky, Sue would be pleased to know she has such a loyal fan Even you were innocent, and some point Macky
Old Sep 19th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #915
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post

We must have seen different interviews. Because in the one I saw, the link posted on this thread, Evert praised Oudin's game. I don't recall Chris saying that Oudin moved better than her.

I would have liked to hear Chris' comments on Serena's outburst. While I think Chris feels protective of another top star, I know she would not have been pleased at all byte tirade.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote