Chris Evert Thread - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #796
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Let'a be honest, how many footballing superstars, have you got!! Just out of interest, is Kenny looked upon as a hero in Scotland.

Iainmac, I'm sure you have a lovely speaking voice! If you are ever in my neck of the woods, I will see if I can find you a "Bedfordshire Clanger", to take home with you!
What is a Bedfordshire clanger? Not sure what it is.. Yes Kenny is revered in these parts and is considered one of our greatest ever sportsmen.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #797
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

Suggest maybe that this conversation is continued under private messages.
For info on Chrissie her competitive edge is still very much in view. Today when Greg 3 putted on the 16th at Sunningdale in the Seniors Open she must have send "damm" at least 3 times..and at the end walked off home very quickly...!!!! Bet he had to cook his own dinner tonight...!!
No sign of bandage on her arm this week. Although both days she has had on long shirts as whether has not been all that great.
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #798
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

The mystery of the bandage is solved.....at The Open last week while watching the practice sessions, she had to wear an armband to identify her as press/player to be allowed to walk with Greg. So there we have it...!!
Daze, surprised to see that she is offering 2 for 1 on her tickets to the tennis in November....any ideas why ?
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #799
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evertmad View Post
The mystery of the bandage is solved.....at The Open last week while watching the practice sessions, she had to wear an armband to identify her as press/player to be allowed to walk with Greg. So there we have it...!!
Daze, surprised to see that she is offering 2 for 1 on her tickets to the tennis in November....any ideas why ?
So that was the reason for the armband! I would have thought the tag around her neck would have been enough, lets face it evryone knows who she is!

Maybe the 2 for 1, tickets offer, is because of the recession, it sounds like a good deal to me

Sorry for the off topic stuff, me bad. Sorry Iainmac
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #800
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
For info on Chrissie her competitive edge is still very much in view. Today when Greg 3 putted on the 16th at Sunningdale in the Seniors Open she must have send "damm" at least 3 times..and at the end walked off home very quickly...!!!! Bet he had to cook his own dinner tonight...!!
No sign of bandage on her arm this week. Although both days she has had on long shirts as whether has not been all that great.
Have you been at the golf Evertmad. I've caught glances of Chrissie on TV, but I wouldn't know what she had been saying! Mind you I was cross when Greg 3 putted! Sometimes he makes golf look so easy, other times he's yuk!
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #801
country flag mimi67

mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Presumably she is offering 2 for 1 on tickets because no-one is buying. No-one has any cash, do they? Much better to get people through the gate and keep the atmosphere alive and the event going through the recession. It would be a tragedy if the event folded after all that she has achieved in it.
mimi67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #802
country flag mimi67

mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light mimi67 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That's an interesting observation about Chris's competitive edge, Evertmad. I was at the Open last week and saw Greg on the practice day and followed him for a couple of holes on Friday. I didn't follow him any more than that because he was playing badly and because there was a bad vibe going on. Even on practice day, he had a face like thunder. As for his son, he looked even less happy. I saw none of the bounce and energy of last year (when I followed him a lot more at the Open) when golf looked fun. Maybe you're right and it has all become a lot more serious. Maybe Chris is encouraging him to play more because she wishes she could. He mentioned in an interview that she wishes she could.

I found myself walking alongside Chrissie at one point and asked her what had happened to his golf. She was very sweet and polite by the way, especially given a total stranger was asking her questions about her husband! And for my part I couldn't believe I was asking Chris Evert questions about golf. I wouldn't have put money on that just a few years ago!
mimi67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #803
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi67 View Post
That's an interesting observation about Chris's competitive edge, Evertmad. I was at the Open last week and saw Greg on the practice day and followed him for a couple of holes on Friday. I didn't follow him any more than that because he was playing badly and because there was a bad vibe going on. Even on practice day, he had a face like thunder. As for his son, he looked even less happy. I saw none of the bounce and energy of last year (when I followed him a lot more at the Open) when golf looked fun. Maybe you're right and it has all become a lot more serious. Maybe Chris is encouraging him to play more because she wishes she could. He mentioned in an interview that she wishes she could.

I found myself walking alongside Chrissie at one point and asked her what had happened to his golf. She was very sweet and polite by the way, especially given a total stranger was asking her questions about her husband! And for my part I couldn't believe I was asking Chris Evert questions about golf. I wouldn't have put money on that just a few years ago!
At the Open Greg was suffering with problems with his lower back, and was struggling. I heard him give thanks to a guy who had been working on his back at Sunnyingdale, and he said he was starting to feel more comfortable.

Lucky you, being able to talk to Chrissie, even if it was about golf. I do think it's amazing, she never seems to get cross, with people, she's always polite, and she always seems to sigh autographs.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #804
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Suggest maybe that this message is continued in the golf forum..
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #805
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Kidding you on of course, but these threads are good when they go a little of topic- but yes you are right essentially.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #806
country flag iainmac

Quote:
So that was the reason for the armband! I would have thought the tag around her neck would have been enough, lets face it evryone knows who she is!

Maybe the 2 for 1, tickets offer, is because of the recession, it sounds like a good deal to me

Sorry for the off topic stuff, me bad. Sorry Iainmac
Dont worry I dont think you will face war crimes accusations at the UN because of it!!
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #807
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Presumably she is offering 2 for 1 on tickets because no-one is buying. No-one has any cash, do they? Much better to get people through the gate and keep the atmosphere alive and the event going through the recession. It would be a tragedy if the event folded after all that she has achieved in it.
I hate to sound ignorant but is this a pro am event that Evert runs annually? I think Evert is one of the greatest players of all time but I have not followed all her post retirement schemes. Is it in Florida then? And does it attract a good line up of players?
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #808
country flag iainmac

Quote:

It does ring alarm bells with the way Evert pushed John Lloyd and the consequent break down in their marriage. I know that you cant compare Lloyd with Norman in any way. The latter one of the greats of the game of golf. But why does Evert and Norman feel the need to take this all so seriously? His career at the upper levels is finished and you would think that they would enjoy life a little bit more? Why is it so serious now? I am not criticising Evert and her drive- this is what makes her an all time great. But I think an elderly man so unhappy on a golf course with a face so strained is not an edifying sight.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #809
country flag iainmac

Quote:
At the Open Greg was suffering with problems with his lower back, and was struggling. I heard him give thanks to a guy who had been working on his back at Sunnyingdale, and he said he was starting to feel more comfortable.

Lucky you, being able to talk to Chrissie, even if it was about golf. I do think it's amazing, she never seems to get cross, with people, she's always polite, and she always seems to sigh autographs.
Evert is one of the most well mannered champions of all time in public. I think her conduct is exemplary in her overall presentation. I know people with morals may question some of her life style- breaking up marriages etc- but that is her personal life and not reflective on her qualities as a champion.
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #810
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
economy. nothing kills an event more than a lack of energy from the crowd, which happens easily at half-capacity. and its never near full as it is!!!
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote