Chris Evert Thread - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #721
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Funny flirty are two of the main characteristics of camp- and classic one line statements, friends who are gay, a rather colourful private life, and very feminine and particular re appearance. She is camp believe me- I am more of a butch gay man, but I know camp when I see it.
OK, I'll take your word for it I just love her anyway
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #722
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
OK, I'll take your word for it I just love her anyway
Yes she is the greatest for me- not for the tennis per se but for the whole package. It was a privilege to be a young man growing up with people like her in the game. A legend of all sports.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #723
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yes she is the greatest for me- not for the tennis per se but for the whole package. It was a privilege to be a young man growing up with people like her in the game. A legend of all sports.
I've loved Chrissie since I was a child really. It wasn't just for the tennis, though ofcourse that played a huge part of it. It was wondering what dress she would wear, what ribbons she would have in her hair, the jewellery etc. It was how she was always such a good sport, even though inside she was crying. At that time, she was tennis for me! The women's game at the moment, could certainly do with another Chrissie, but I think she was a one off, an original, a true legend
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #724
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I've loved Chrissie since I was a child really. It wasn't just for the tennis, though ofcourse that played a huge part of it. It was wondering what dress she would wear, what ribbons she would have in her hair, the jewellery etc. It was how she was always such a good sport, even though inside she was crying. At that time, she was tennis for me! The women's game at the moment, could certainly do with another Chrissie, but I think she was a one off, an original, a true legend
I was never really interested in her gear on court although I liked the glamour that players like Chris, Sue Barker and Renata Tomanova brought to the court. I remember a doubles match on the centre court in 81. Wade playing with Chris and looking handsome as ever, Chris like a real babe, Tomanova like a model. Poor Nancy Yeargin looked very plain next to these 3.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #725
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
I was never really interested in her gear on court although I liked the glamour that players like Chris, Sue Barker and Renata Tomanova brought to the court. I remember a doubles match on the centre court in 81. Wade playing with Chris and looking handsome as ever, Chris like a real babe, Tomanova like a model. Poor Nancy Yeargin looked very plain next to these 3.
I really don't know how Chrissie does it! Back in the day she was lovely, but now! wow she's a stunner, and the womens 54 for goodness sake! If she wasn't my idol, that was really get on my wick
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #726
country flag iainmac

Quote:
I really don't know how Chrissie does it! Back in the day she was lovely, but now! wow she's a stunner, and the womens 54 for goodness sake! If she wasn't my idol, that was really get on my wick
I agree she still looks great and very sexy. Mind you I am sure you are too. And I do remember that the boys at my school loved her. Although their favourite if I remember was Bettina Bunge. She was a stunning woman but I bet she looks nowhere near as good as Chris now later in life.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #727
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
I agree she still looks great and very sexy. Mind you I am sure you are too. And I do remember that the boys at my school loved her. Although their favourite if I remember was Bettina Bunge. She was a stunning woman but I bet she looks nowhere near as good as Chris now later in life.
Thanks for that! But I think you should have gone to Spec-savers

Bettina Bunge,that's a name I haven't heard in a while. She was very pretty too, the boys at your school. certainly had good taste
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #728
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really don't know how Chrissie does it! Back in the day she was lovely, but now! wow she's a stunner, and the womens 54 for goodness sake!
<cough> Pamela Howard, is that you?
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #729
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Thanks for that! But I think you should have gone to Spec-savers

Bettina Bunge,that's a name I haven't heard in a while. She was very pretty too, the boys at your school. certainly had good taste
LOL. Yes Bunge was a really stunning woman- beautiful as opposed to Chris and eg Sue Barker who were more pretty than stunning. Would be interested to see how Bettina looks mow.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #730
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samn View Post
<cough> Pamela Howard, is that you?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this! I know it's me being a bit dim, but could you explain please Thank you.
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #731
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
LOL. Yes Bunge was a really stunning woman- beautiful as opposed to Chris and eg Sue Barker who were more pretty than stunning. Would be interested to see how Bettina looks mow.
I'm afraid I can't help, I goggled her, but none of the pictures were recent. It just shows you, what an exciting social life I have, and it's still 2 weeks till Wimbledon! What's a girl to do in the evenings(don't answer that, I've led a sheltered life)
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM   #732
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this! I know it's me being a bit dim, but could you explain please Thank you
You're not being dim. I'm pretty sure Samn is alluding to Pamela Howard Shriver-the "I dig guys-really!" player.

It's a sort of running joke here in the Blast.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #733
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
You're not being dim. I'm pretty sure Samn is alluding to Pamela Howard Shriver-the "I dig guys-really!" player.

It's a sort of running joke here in the Blast.
Thank you! I get it now
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #734
country flag iainmac

Quote:
I'm afraid I can't help, I goggled her, but none of the pictures were recent. It just shows you, what an exciting social life I have, and it's still 2 weeks till Wimbledon! What's a girl to do in the evenings(don't answer that, I've led a sheltered life)
I wish I could say that I have led a sheltered life- would have saved me a lot of blushes!!! I think there was talk that Bunge was an alcoholic- rubbish- and a lesbian. For the latter who cares if she is happy? I know that she commentated for Eurosport for a while but that seemed to be ages ago.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #735
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
I wish I could say that I have led a sheltered life- would have saved me a lot of blushes!!! I think there was talk that Bunge was an alcoholic- rubbish- and a lesbian. For the latter who cares if she is happy? I know that she commentated for Eurosport for a while but that seemed to be ages ago.
I must admit that I hadn't heard her name in years, until you brought it up, I didn't know she commentated for ES, and I watch tennis on there often. As for her private life, who cares, each to there own!