Chris Evert Thread - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #631
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Hi Daze, What's on the front cover of the Mens Journal ? I think we have a UK version and so will probably not get to see the article, sounds good though.......although it is a monthly journal and may well get stocked in Borders on Oxford Street,LONDON later in the month. Sports Ilustrated is a weekly one and there is definitely a UK and a USA version so I doubt we will get to see it.Keep us posted though....thanks for the insight it would appear that because Greg is going to the Masters there is a lot of interest in them and that will continue as he is the Presidents Cup Cpatain which takes place in San Francisco in October. Great news for all of us..!!
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #632
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
no, i did see the mens journal and its about 3 pages -- 1 pix of him playing golf with chris, who is wearing a black hat in the pix. he says, "golf is a simple game, but i complicate it by turning everyone's expectations onto myself" and saying chris (his 'muse') is teaching him to let that go.

you know pinapin, time$ r tight, $o i might not buy the i$$ue but that is my report! ($5 for 3 page$??) but you can get the digital version of Mens Journal here; http://www.zinio.com/gncoffer?issn=1063-4651 - just click on the 'Apr-09 Issue - £3.44' link.

sports illustrated will appear here:
http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...home/index.htm
they show all articles of each issue, but i dont see norman/evert piece.
i called them, but they also have no info on it.
THANX Daze. On Zinio is possible to read the whole article free...and it's a veeeery nice article. the pix of C&G is very nice , tooo! Waiting for SI article.
THANX again
pinapin54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #633
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that Pinapin. It won't let me read the last 2 pages, could someome be kind enough to tell me what it says, thank you.
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #634
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Don't worry guys, I've managed to read the rest of the article now.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #635
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

ok, so the sports illustrated story was pushed back to april 6 to be out closer to the time of the masters. so thats 3 more weeks...
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #636
country flag jamesuk

jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold

Can anyone comment on Chris´ last matches in the Fed Cup 89? Did she play well or were her opponents nervous?
jamesuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #637
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesuk View Post
Can anyone comment on Chris´ last matches in the Fed Cup 89? Did she play well or were her opponents nervous?
she was amazing. unlike some of the more 'distracted' matches that were creeping up in her play from 88-89, she went into those fed cup matches with real purpose. and no doubt, she was inspired by how she'd played against monica at the uso, even though she had a little let down in the next match with zina. those fed cups are really vintage chrissie.
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #638
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

http://images.google.it/images?hl=it...tart=0&ndsp=20
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #639
country flag chrissiefan

Thanks pinapin, I hadn't seen some of those before, It's interesting looking back, isn't.
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 04:21 AM   #640
country flag daze11

more hot-of-the-press news on some new TV stuff is up on chrisevert.net!!!
http://chrisevert.net/CE-News.html
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:54 PM   #641
country flag jamesuk

jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold jamesuk is a splendid one to behold

Trivial question for some I guess, but here goes.

EA are making their first proper tennis game, and it is looking to be a Wii Tennis beater in terms of control and realism.

They have promised Legends in the lineup. So far these have been confirmed

Becker
Edberg
Borg
Sampras
McEnroe

My question is if anyone knows whether Chris will feature in this game? I THINK I remember reading Martina Navratilova would be in it , so wouldn´t it be great to play matches between the two at Wimbledon! (it is the first time Wimbledon have allowed a video game to use their club)

The graphic style of the game is sort of cartoony caricatures, which sounds awful but is actually really cute and the players I think are more recognisable this way than the supposed "realistic" look, which often ends up making players look like drugged up zombies.

If the above mentioned male players are in, then SURELY there should be a place for Martina, Steffi, Billie Jean and Chrissie!!!!

I am guessing she would have to give her permission to be able to use her name and face?
Any word on this?
jamesuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM   #642
pinapin54

Hi everybody, I'm going to realize a dream of mine: my own kayak company! i need to save some money, so i decided (hard decision) to sell most of my Chris stuff collection (i know Chirs'll understand, and will be happy to help ; )) I hope to have as soon as possible a "catalogue" on myspce... Stay tuned if interested!!
p.s nothing about C&G on SI 6 april issue. waiting for april 7 special master issue....
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #643
country flag chrissiefan

I'd like to have a look at your catalouge, when it's ready pinapin.

The Wii game sounds like a cool idea, if they are having legendary male players, they must have female ones too, I would have thought. But I'm sure Chrissie would have to give her permission, for her name to be used.
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #644
country flag Pristine

Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice Pristine is just really nice

Evert, easily the greatest clay court women's tennis player of all time.
Pristine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 05:42 PM   #645
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pristine View Post
Evert, easily the greatest clay court women's tennis player of all time.

I really agree with this. Her record at Roland Garros amazing and unlikely to be beaten. No disrespect to Sue Barker, Virginia Ruzici and Mima Jausovec but I am sure that she would have won another 3 to make it ten. Now that is mind blowing stuff. And while she may not always have had her main rivals there in 74 75 79 and 80, on general they were fast court experts and would have struggled to get past all the European clay courters to have met up with Chrissie in the latter stages.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote