Chris Evert Thread - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #601
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
I think when I was growing up, Chrissie was my idol. Being a little girl, living in a very small town, watching Wimbledon, on the tv was a huge treat for me. Seeing Chrissie, with all that style,grace, glamour, and the game, to me it all seemed like a different world. Of course as one grows older,things change, as do your thoughts and feelings. But I think I've always loved and admired Chrissie, and I guess I always will, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
For me, "idol" is too strong a word to describe how I felt about Chris, Karen Carpenter, Natalie Wood, and Marilyn McCoo. But I sure did love these gifted, funny, and talented women, and in retrospect what I really loved about them was how vulnerable they were beneath the surface. I don't know how I understood that about them from afar (with no internet feeding us constant background on them as people have today), but I did. I loved them, and I still do!

That 1980 People is such a joke for me now. Even at the time, I thought that Chris was reliving the situation she found herself in with Jimmy Connors when they almost got married -- telling herself that she should do the nice little Catholic girl thing of settling with a husband and having children -- when what she really wanted was to get stronger and kick Tracy Austins little pitbull ass!

"I still feel in the back of my mind that when Serena is committed and in shape, she's the best player"
Chris Evert ESPN May 2007
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #602
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

good clip of 1981 aussie highlights of chris & martina final
http://www.australianopentv.com/page...512199,00.html
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #603
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future

That TTC Evert Era Show came on today! I can't believe it. My DVD recorder is broken, and it was not announced. I just happened to be watching The Hopman Cup finals and it came on. It's really a nicely done tribute to the Evert parents. As Billie Jean King said, the Evert family is "a national treasure." Especially the Jimmy and Colette, who were always classy with people -- especially their children's competitors. I remember Colette having a reputation for congratulating and wishing good luck to the other girls. She was a rarity.

Daze, I sure hope you recorded this one!!!!!!!!!

"I still feel in the back of my mind that when Serena is committed and in shape, she's the best player"
Chris Evert ESPN May 2007
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #604
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

chris on TV: chris pro celeb will air on espn2 on jan 21 at 2 am
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #605
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

I don't have espn2, I just hope some kind person will put some clips on youtube.
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM   #606
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

did someone see the pro celeb??? ANDDDD can someone send a copy to me??
pinapin54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:28 PM   #607
country flag daze11

it was on last night, i am having it sent to me. will let u know
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM   #608
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, everyone, it's been awhile. I was in Miami last month and in the taxi, who come on the radio? Chrissie herself! She's doing an ad for some milk company. She opens with the statement that she's been the last woman standing at Wimbledon, the French Open, and the US Open, but those titles don't mean anything against her title as "mom." She goes on to state that she prefers the skim variety, but her boys drink the 2% that tastes creamy. Then, the gag-worthy part, she states how her serve was her most important shot (???) but now she just serves up this brand's milk for her family. It's a cute ad. I didn't recognize the brand, it must be a south Florida brand.
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM   #609
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Hey, everyone, it's been awhile. I was in Miami last month and in the taxi, who come on the radio? Chrissie herself! She's doing an ad for some milk company. She opens with the statement that she's been the last woman standing at Wimbledon, the French Open, and the US Open, but those titles don't mean anything against her title as "mom." She goes on to state that she prefers the skim variety, but her boys drink the 2% that tastes creamy. Then, the gag-worthy part, she states how her serve was her most important shot (???) but now she just serves up this brand's milk for her family. It's a cute ad. I didn't recognize the brand, it must be a south Florida brand.
This is it! http://chrisevert.net/CE-News.html
they're in the NORTH east & SOUTH east of the US, but not in between...(Maine to Connecticut & Georgia to Florida)

funny that, about the serve!! ew, thats unfortunate script writing, as --if it had stayed truthful-- it might not have been as cheesy (ie, "While serving was not the most important thing to my tennis, what I serve at home as a MOM is: and thats why...") but I guess they decided she should say her serve was her most important shot. haha ...oh well.
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM   #610
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

The ad is hilarious, but I was busting a gut when she's talking about her serve. Anyway, that's a true legend to do radio work 20 years after she retired, I don't think any other tennis player could pull that off. That's a real star!
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM   #611
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
That's a real star!
coming from YOU, Helen Lawson... a star indeed!!!!
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:52 AM   #612
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone has the Evert-Graf semi-final from 1989 Wimbledon please private me a message. I'd love to see that match again. Chrissie held her own and the score was not indicative of the match.

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:04 PM   #613
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelesFan70 View Post
If anyone has the Evert-Graf semi-final from 1989 Wimbledon please private me a message. I'd love to see that match again. Chrissie held her own and the score was not indicative of the match.
i beg to differ -- chris hadnt played competitively in months, and that match was a far cry from the match they played in march, which went three stes and really WAS competitive. If they could have corrected line calls back then, chris probably would have won.

but alas... if you want it, you can get that 89 wimby at ce.net: http://chrisevert.net/CE-tapesDVD.html
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 05:08 AM   #614
country flag SelesFan70

SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute SelesFan70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
i beg to differ -- chris hadnt played competitively in months, and that match was a far cry from the match they played in march, which went three stes and really WAS competitive. If they could have corrected line calls back then, chris probably would have won.

but alas... if you want it, you can get that 89 wimby at ce.net: http://chrisevert.net/CE-tapesDVD.html

Thank you so much! I just recall a LOT of deuce games at Wimbledon. Can't wait to see it again!

Liberals: Hard on the unborn, soft on terrorists

Man-made climate change is a LIE

COUNTDOWN!
SelesFan70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #615
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post

Chris could take Steffi's serve easily and set tempo off the return. But couldn't hold her own serve and Steffi made her pay for it. That was the theme and the edge that Steffi had over her.