Chris Evert Thread - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #226
country flag jeanmi18

jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
uh...you could have just hit the 'edit' button on your post.

hi, jm! yes, i made mention of chrissie's gem of a comment to john lloyd in the 'Pls Help!' thread which was all about the 'rivals' book...i think maybe you didnt know thats what the thread was about! but i remember a big LOL at chrissie having to explain the nuances of life to her gutless husband!

please send a mental tape of that 80 RG win in my direction. i will use my ESP to intercept the signal.

oh, and one more thing...you already HAVE all of chrissie's results, remember? and i think they are documented somewhere here on the web...

sounds like you needed a SPANKING this morning, jean-michel. glad i was here to give it to you.
No Darling, I mean the complete draws QF:SF and F of all her tournaments, other players' results included

I am sending you the vibes of the Chris-Virginia match, now can you tell me what was Chrissie wearing?
jeanmi18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #227
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmi18
No Darling, I mean the complete draws QF:SF and F of all her tournaments, other players' results included

I am sending you the vibes of the Chris-Virginia match, now can you tell me what was Chrissie wearing?
OTHER PLAYERS?!! you CHEAT! you RASCAL! ok, ok...i guess they exist too.

she's wearing her....'dismantle tracy austin' dress of USO SF 1980. ...or she's wearing nothing at ALL! are YOU sending me that image?! oh, thank goodness it was you wearing nothing...yeow!

Last edited by daze11 : Jul 26th, 2005 at 03:08 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #228
country flag jeanmi18

jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
OTHER PLAYERS?!! you CHEAT! you RASCAL! ok, ok...i guess they exist too.

she's wearing her....'dismantle tracy austin' dress of USO SF 1980. ...or she's wearing nothing at ALL! are YOU sending me that image?! oh, thank goodness it was you wearing nothing...yeow!
tsst, tsst! Stevie, they gonna start gossiping about us no, she was wearing a white skirt and a striped t-shirt, stripes of different colors green, red, white and so on, this is the only time I saw her wearing that outfit, she was up 6-0 2-0 when we started watching, Ruzici came back to 2-1 and then there was a long game with several deuces and Ruzici had several opportunities to come back 2 all, nevertheless lost the game for 3-1. At 5-2, Ruzici started attacking more, she came back to 5-3 and then was up 15-30. She then attacked the net once more, Chrissie played a short lob, Ruzici's overhead was on the line but called out by the linesman. Chrissie shook her head in disbelief, the crowd booed but the umpire sticked to her guns. It was 30 all instead of 15-40 and two points later, Chrissie won her fourth title on a superb passing down the line. When shaking hands with Ruzici, she said to her that she was sorry for the bad call. She then went on to talk for a while with the organizers while preparing for the ceremony and we heard her saying very clearly to someone who asked her an (unheard)question 'No, I am not pregnant'

One of the best point of that second set was when Ruzici tried to dropshot her, a very fine angled dropshot on Chrissie's backhand but Chrissie anticipated as usual, got to the ball, then played a delicate angled counter dropshot with one hand. The thing is that Ruzici had anticipated the counter dropshot and was already standing almost at the service line ready to move forward but Chrissie's shot still was way out of her reach.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #229
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
tsst, tsst! Stevie, they gonna start gossiping about us no, she was wearing a white skirt and a striped t-shirt, stripes of different colors green, red, white and so on, this is the only time I saw her wearing that outfit, she was up 6-0 2-0 when we started watching, Ruzici came back to 2-1 and then there was a long game with several deuces and Ruzici had several opportunities to come back 2 all, nevertheless lost the game for 3-1. At 5-2, Ruzici started attacking more, she came back to 5-3 and then was up 15-30. She then attacked the net once more, Chrissie played a short lob, Ruzici's overhead was on the line but called out by the linesman. Chrissie shook her head in disbelief, the crowd booed but the umpire sticked to her guns. It was 30 all instead of 15-40 and two points later, Chrissie won her fourth title on a superb passing down the line. When shaking hands with Ruzici, she said to her that she was sorry for the bad call. She then went on to talk for a while with the organizers while preparing for the ceremony and we heard her saying very clearly to someone who asked her an (unheard)question 'No, I am not pregnant'

One of the best point of that second set was when Ruzici tried to dropshot her, a very fine angled dropshot on Chrissie's backhand but Chrissie anticipated as usual, got to the ball, then played a delicate angled counter dropshot with one hand. The thing is that Ruzici had anticipated the counter dropshot and was already standing almost at the service line ready to move forward but Chrissie's shot still was way out of her reach.
hey, that was pretty damned good!! thanks! now i dont have to go all the way to france to see it.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #230
country flag jeanmi18

Quote:
hey, that was pretty damned good!! thanks! now i dont have to go all the way to france to see it.

Why not? There is so much more to see than an Evert-Ruzici final
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #231
country flag daze11

Quote:
Why not? There is so much more to see than an Evert-Ruzici final
are you saying that would be a mere appetizer were ball stroking is concerned??
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #232
country flag jeanmi18

Quote:
are you saying that would be a mere appetizer were ball stroking is concerned??

oui
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #233
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute
It's getting hot in here..................................!!! Methinks the BFTP should send you two on a holiday in Fort Lauderdale so that you can stroke balls at the shrine of The Blessed Lady Chris herself.

A couple of other gems from Chrissie
- Wendy wasn't really a claycourt player; she did well to get to the final
- Mima didn't have anything that could hurt me. She seemed to imply that she felt that Ruzici was the better player on clay.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #234
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T
It's getting hot in here..................................!!! Methinks the BFTP should send you two on a holiday in Fort Lauderdale so that you can stroke balls at the shrine of The Blessed Lady Chris herself.
hey, thats such a good idea! JM, forget andy & chris in martina's bed! what about US getting down in a cabin at the evert academy!!! i'll have to begin making arrangements for that! ...though i suppose this should be in the 'chat thread'...
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #235
country flag jeanmi18

Quote:
hey, thats such a good idea! JM, forget andy & chris in martina's bed! what about US getting down in a cabin at the evert academy!!! i'll have to begin making arrangements for that! ...though i suppose this should be in the 'chat thread'...

This should be in the chat thread, although we could open a thread later on on a day in Chrissie's home...we could also refresh her memories about her French saga and remind her that she was seeded 1 or 2 in most of the French Open she played.

Other aspects of the Ft Lauderdale stint would remain
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #236
country flag daze11

since a while back, there had been some heavy conjecture about the political leanings of ms evert....

i must admit, i was very happy and relieved that chris said to one of my friends that she would NEVER have voted for george w. and when asked before the gore election about it, since she has had the bush family over for dinner and knows more than most bystanders do about them personally, that she said quite candidly, it was nothing personal, but she just didnt believe george w. could possibly do a good job. haha....

she didnt win all those matches by being stupid.
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #237
country flag Santorofan

Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all
Hey Daze, Margaret Court woulda voted for him (if she could!), and Nancy Richey stated on this very forum that she was a Bush supporter too; neither of them are any dummies, ok? :P Btw, each of 'em had Chrissie's number on court as well...at least for a while

But what if Chrissie is a closet Republican??? Don't be a hater, they've got feelings too...
Santorofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #238
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santorofan
Hey Daze, Margaret Court woulda voted for him (if she could!), and Nancy Richey stated on this very forum that she was a Bush supporter too; neither of them are any dummies, ok? :P Btw, each of 'em had Chrissie's number on court as well...at least for a while

But what if Chrissie is a closet Republican??? Don't be a hater, they've got feelings too...
but in the end, she crushed EVERY republican she faced.

Old Dec 11th, 2005, 05:44 AM   #239
country flag Santorofan

Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all
Even if Chrissie was a card-carrying member of the Pansexual Peace Party she'd still be no dummy to me...well, at least not on the court
Santorofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #240
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santorofan
Even if Chrissie was a card-carrying member of the Pansexual Peace Party she'd still be no dummy to me...well, at least not on the court
we have quite a few of those right here in BFTP, i am quite sure!!

.....'BFTP/PPP'.....