Chris Evert Thread - Page 150 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:54 AM   #2236
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Chrissie just tweeted a Happy 50th Birthday to Tracy Austin...

and she said... yes she did... "I can still remember you in a pinafore with braids!" ...!!
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #2237
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
Chrissie just tweeted a Happy 50th Birthday to Tracy Austin...

and she said... yes she did... "I can still remember you in a pinafore with braids!" ...!!
LOL! Don't we all!
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:10 AM   #2238
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

aww shucks.... she deleted it. being in the public eye is just no fun.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM   #2239
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Record 7 Roland Garros Titles

1979 - Turnbull

1974 Wimbledon

1975 US Open

1976 Wimbledon

1976 US Open

1977 US Open

1978 US Open

1980 US Open

1981 Wimbledon

1982 US Open

1982 Australian Open

1984 Australian Open

76 USO + 79 RG missing. Anyone have these pics?

Last edited by Uranium : Dec 23rd, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #2240
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

edit
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2241

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Record 7 Roland Garros Titles

This photo is really great.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 07:57 PM   #2242
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

When I heard Chris was going to guest star on CSI, my first thought was, "Oh, I hope she gets to play the killer." And lo and behold....even Chris wants to play that role:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/kecks-exclu...130000140.html

PS - Is Elisabeth Shue the Hollywood star that made some sort of attempt to play on the pro tour?
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #2243

Chris Evert talks about the devastating cycle of substance abuse and child abuse and how it impacts Florida's families and communities. This video was played at her annual event to raise funds to support prevention and early intervention programs in Florida.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvJWRJlAzTY
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #2244
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies if these have been posted already. These are from "Open Tennis" by Richard Evans. (I wonder if the photo where she's wearing all black is from the 6-1, 6-2 Toyota semis against Tracy.)

Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)

Last edited by samn : Jan 7th, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Broken links
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #2245
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

More Chrissie. This is Madame Evert with the French Open trophy in 1974 (I think)

Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)

Last edited by samn : Jan 7th, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Broken link
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #2246
country flag samn

From "THE FIELD Story of Wimbledon - 100 Years of Championships"

Last edited by samn : Jan 7th, 2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Broken Link
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:25 PM   #2247
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Just a bump up to remind people that Chris will be on CSI tonight.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...ing-acting-csi

I had a good chuckle at this quote:

Evert recalled thinking: "Oh my God, Lindsay has a scene where she has to act."

But then she put it into context:

"She never likes attention," Evert said.

Great French Open trophy pics Samn

Cool how the crowd is full in the 1975 pic-and there are people sitting on the roof of a house in the distance.

My other fav is 1983. Chris was just so hot with her long hair and that braided twist.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:36 PM   #2248
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
LOL! Don't we all!
Yeah, that was incredibly funny.
The pics are great, BTW.
And I'm so thrilled she's guest starring on CSI along Lindsay, a show I watched and enjoyed for years, especially the Las Vegas version. Great!
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 05:04 AM   #2249
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of

Whats the reason Chris missed attending so many French and Australian open titles?
renstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #2250
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by renstar View Post
Whats the reason Chris missed attending so many French and Australian open titles?
As far as I know, she missed the French Opens because of WTT. Not sure about the Australians. Probably because of the travel. I would love to know more too.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote