Chris Evert Thread - Page 147 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #2191
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Yes thanks for posting that very insightful article. Makes you appreciate Chrissie even more, being open to sharing her vulnerabilities with us.
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #2192
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Chrissie's site has been updated to include not only her full results (especially as the WTA still doesn't bother to obtain them) but also the DATES of the events, the seedings of players if available, and the SURFACE, which should be helpful in dealing with various conjectures.
http://chrisevert.net/CE-Records.html
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #2193
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissie's site has been updated to include not only her full results (especially as the WTA still doesn't bother to obtain them) but also the DATES of the events, the seedings of players if available, and the SURFACE, which should be helpful in dealing with various conjectures.

Well done Sir Daze.

Were there any events you couldn't find seedings or surfaces? Maybe we can help plug any gaps.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #2194
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

Well done Sir Daze.

Were there any events you couldn't find seedings or surfaces? Maybe we can help plug any gaps.
When I scroll thru the pages, I pretty much see the seedings there, or at the least what seed chris was... though smaller events like WITC & ford challenge & lion cup, I think may have been treated as not officially having seeds, though they count for the match history record. There were plenty of hands (and library microfilms) involved, including Jean Michel from the Blast, and even moreso the product of & help from having a reference librarian on the Chrissie stats team!!! ... I can only take credit for finally getting the info up for the public!
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #2195
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Daze and kudos to your friends. Glad to see someone able to get the complete records for the legendary Chrissie Maree
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #2196
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Daze, Kudos for you and the other people!
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #2197
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

Chris helps Pam Shriver celebrate her 50th by throwing a party and surprising them with a firework display...YouTube video of Pam where she is quite emotional.....well done Chrissie looks like you are back to your old self what with this and the ring presentation to Martina......

Chris Evert - legendary US tennis star hosts a surprise firework display for her friend Pam Shriver's 50th birthday.

With Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and others producing their fireworks at the All England Tennis Club, the Americans were not to be out done, so for their 4th July US Independence Day, Chris Evert had high hopes for a spectacular firework show.

Guests included other great US tennis stars, including Martina Navratilova and Tracy Austin.

Pam Shiver's testimonial →
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #2198
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

Great photo......looks like everyone had a great time..!!!!
https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/justin...889280?photo=1
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #2199
country flag Evertmad

Good interview too with Chris at Wimbledon.....she was acting as an ambassador for HSBC Bank....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAim...e_gdata_player
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #2200
PamShriver

PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of PamShriver has much to be proud of

It's nice to see she FINALLY forgave me for not inviting her to my birthday dinner in London back in '85! Sheesh that dame can hold a grudge!
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:27 PM   #2201
country flag Evertmad

Chrissie has been out promoting WTT in Washington and New York......some good press.....here is a quick video..
http://www.news10.com/story/19081814...in-schenectady

Great to see her out and about again....
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:30 PM   #2202
country flag Evertmad

Here is one of the articles.....also good pics on Chrissie's twitter account @chrissieevert too......
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/163134086.html
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:40 PM   #2203
country flag Evertmad

Just in case you missed it..great interview at Wimbledon.....still very competitive...

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/ee161...#axzz21MHqVeap
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM   #2204
country flag Evertmad

Good blog here too about what a great role model Chrissie is....completely agree.....don't think she gets enough respect all round for her records, achievements and for promoting women's tennis and attracting sponsors....although this is partly down to Chrissie as she always puts herself down in comparison to other players..
http://sportsandspirituality.blogspo...ole-model.html
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM   #2205
country flag Evertmad

Great pic of Chris with her sons taken in January....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/chris-...58P_photo.html