Chris Evert Thread - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:49 PM   #196
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute
She did look good in the early 80s but then we got that "poor white trash" look, softened it up to win Roland garros in pink in 86 and finally, we had the cutesy Rinaldi plaits. Chris ran the gamut of looks from virgin to hooker during her career.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 04:20 PM   #197
country flag jeanmi18

jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T
She did look good in the early 80s but then we got that "poor white trash" look, softened it up to win Roland garros in pink in 86 and finally, we had the cutesy Rinaldi plaits. Chris ran the gamut of looks from virgin to hooker during her career.

I liked the 1989 plates at Wimb, when she played Golarsa, looked better than the sophisticated hairdo 'ā la Brigitte Bardot' she got when she beat Seles at the US Open
jeanmi18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM   #198
country flag jeanmi18

jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmi18
I liked the 1989 plates at Wimb, when she played Golarsa, looked better than the sophisticated hairdo 'ā la Brigitte Bardot' she got when she beat Seles at the US Open

Sorry I meant 'plait', I'm getting tired
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 05:05 PM   #199
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmi18
Sorry I meant 'plait', I'm getting tired
Me too, Jeanmi(chel?). Don't take my bitching about Chrissie seriously, will you? it's all done with a lot of affection! It was hilarious for a while in 84 when Chrissie went for the "vampy trampy" look and Martina went for the paroxide lesbian bowl at the same time - they looked like a couple of drag queens. Then there was Andrea Temesvari with that HEAVY-duty make-up and, of course, the immortal Pamfro. Threads are dedicated to great years 81/90, etc, etc but 84 takes a lot of beating for hideous hairdos!

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #200
country flag jeanmi18

Quote:
Me too, Jeanmi(chel?). Don't take my bitching about Chrissie seriously, will you? it's all done with a lot of affection! It was hilarious for a while in 84 when Chrissie went for the "vampy trampy" look and Martina went for the paroxide lesbian bowl at the same time - they looked like a couple of drag queens. Then there was Andrea Temesvari with that HEAVY-duty make-up and, of course, the immortal Pamfro. Threads are dedicated to great years 81/90, etc, etc but 84 takes a lot of beating for hideous hairdos!

Not at all offended Andy, in fact I think you're quite funny, same for Alfajeffster, BCP, Rollo, Darren Cahill and our dear Nat Tauziat! My top-6

In 84, a journalist said that, if you wanted to copy Chris' hairdo, no need to go to Vidal Sassoon, just put on a bathing-cap with a couple of firecrackers underneath
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 05:52 PM   #201
country flag Andy T

LOL!
Don't forget Pamela Howard Shriver-Lazenby and Tennisvideos!

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 06:54 PM   #202
country flag jeanmi18

Quote:
LOL!
Don't forget Pamela Howard Shriver-Lazenby and Tennisvideos!

Could not possibly! Tennisvideos' our spiritual father, the only one who saw Frankie Durr winning the French with a frying pan in 67 (only joking Craig), but we haven't heard a lot from Pamela Howard Shriver-Lazenby recently, have we? something we weren't accustomed to in the 80's
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 01:35 AM   #203
country flag netstar1962

netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Chris Evert Group

My first group dedicated to Chris Evert(The-Temple-Of-Evert) was deleted without warning, or reason by the idiots at Yahoo.
The group had over 400 members when it vanished.
Any members of this thread who were were members of the group, will be glad to know I have now opened up a new Evert group.
Here's A link to the group. And also a few samples of the high quality scans you'll find there.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...yofchrisevert/

**Please Do Not Post These Anywhere Else**

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris-High-School.jpg (99.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Chris-1974-Us-Open.jpg (83.7 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Bet-She-Got-A-Hit.jpg (87.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg Chris-Running-Wild.jpg (81.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Cute-Rings-And-Legs.jpg (95.7 KB, 119 views)
netstar1962 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #204
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold
sigh....I wish the day that I woke up in my mid-20s and decided that I was too old to keep scrap books, I had been run over by a bus, and was unable to throw out my entire collection of scrap books esp the Chris Evert one.

Some of my favs in there were:

- A signed promo photo I had received after writing to Chris telling of my undying devotion and that she should kick Martina's butt at the 84 AO

- A full photo spread from an American womens magazine circa 1983 whereby Chris looked hot. There was one photo of her in jeans and a hodded sweat, long hair blowing in the wind, carrying a bunch of wood racquets, and one lying beside a pool in a white swimsuit. These were the best photos of her I had ever seen.

- 6 centrefolds from Australian Tennis Mag

I also had another cleaning frenzy in the late 90s and threw out all of my tennis magazines Feng Shui isn't all that it seems people!

On a completely different subject, did anyone ever get those WTA calendars in the 80s. I thought they were pretty hideous, even then. Chris looked appalling in them.......jmho...........
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 01:07 PM   #205
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Love the pics Netstar

And Chris in high socks playing baseball is disshy. Bet she's chewing gum. You could put her her in a Burt Reynolds moivie....

Good luck with rebuilding your club. If you stick around here you'll find a lot a Chrissie fans
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #206
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCP
sigh....I wish the day that I woke up in my mid-20s and decided that I was too old to keep scrap books, I had been run over by a bus, and was unable to throw out my entire collection of scrap books esp the Chris Evert one.
I started collecting articles, pictures, and clippings from magazines and newspapers sometime in the mid-80s, and it used to always irritate my dad so much that he started calling me a garbage collector Every other month or so we'd have an argument about the amount of stuff I'd accumulated, and this continued until I left home to go to college. I assumed that the moment I left home, my dad was going to throw my entire collection out. You can imagine my amazement when I found out a couple of years ago that he had actually filed all the old stuff and packed them inside a bunch of boxes. The boxes now lie in the attic of my parents' house, and on my rare visits home, my dad sometimes asks me if I want to have a look at my collection. He had even saved a faded Graf and Sabatini poster I used to have on the bedroom wall.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #207
country flag netstar1962

netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point netstar1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
RE: New Chris Evert Group

Thanks for the replies!
I hope all of you joined my yahoo group.

BCP, I also wish you wouldn't have thrown out all those
wonderful pics. But if you're interested, there's always
around 150 Chris Evert items selling on E-Bay.
You never know, you just might be able to find those
items you mentioned.

Rollo, thanks for compliment on the pictures.

samn, you really need to get that box out of your
parents attic,buy a good scanner,scan the Evert pics
and upload them to my group. Or post them here.
I'd really appreciate it!

Anyway, here's a few more of my Chris Evert pictures.
**Please Do Not Repost These**
This thread only allows pics up tp 100 KB
I have much larger & higher quality scans at my yahoo group.
Enjoy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris-With-Hair-Down-Beautiful.jpg (99.7 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Evert-Wallpaper.jpg (31.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Golden-Brown-1972-B.jpg (66.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg What-A-Shot.jpg (60.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Frill-And-Chills.jpg (81.6 KB, 103 views)
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #208
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Hi. My first post in this particular thread. I LOVE Chris

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Jul 28th, 2007 at 07:06 PM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:14 PM   #209
country flag FrauleinSteffi

FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light FrauleinSteffi is a glorious beacon of light
As a big Jen Capriati fan Im also a big Chris fan too love both of their games
FrauleinSteffi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 05:51 AM   #210
country flag netstar1962

Is It Chris ?

I recently won this sexy studio shot of Chris on ebay.
When I posted it at my Chris Evert Yahoo group, some members
questioned if the picture was really authentic.

In other words, would Chris really have agreed to pose
in such an erotic outfit?

I for one think it's really Chris.

So I'm going to post a small version of the picture here
and hopefully get some more opinions on it.

Here's a link to my group dedicated to Chris for anyone interested
in ckecking it out.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...yofchrisevert/

**Please Do Not Repost This Picture**

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evert-Studio-B.jpg (82.3 KB, 69 views)