Chris Evert Thread - Page 137 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2011, 03:31 AM   #2041
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Interesting that Chris says she uses (or at least has) the original Wilson ProStaff - I would have thought she would have graduated (like me!) as the new ones come out. I am currently using the Pete Sampras model with the 88 cm head (though before it came out I was using the Federer ProStaff Tour model with a 90 cm head). I can't play with anything else! I was watching the 1984 US Open semi-final clash earlie today between McEnroe and Connors - does anyone know which model Connors was using at that time?

It take me a long time to get used to the Pete Sampras model (it came out two years ago, I think), because it does so much for you, and I found my backhands were flying out all the time. But now I have got used to it, I find that I cannot play with anything else, and wonder how I ever managed to play with my previous rackets...
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #2042
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
Interesting that Chris says she uses (or at least has) the original Wilson ProStaff - I would have thought she would have graduated (like me!) as the new ones come out. I am currently using the Pete Sampras model with the 88 cm head (though before it came out I was using the Federer ProStaff Tour model with a 90 cm head). I can't play with anything else! I was watching the 1984 US Open semi-final clash earlie today between McEnroe and Connors - does anyone know which model Connors was using at that time?

It take me a long time to get used to the Pete Sampras model (it came out two years ago, I think), because it does so much for you, and I found my backhands were flying out all the time. But now I have got used to it, I find that I cannot play with anything else, and wonder how I ever managed to play with my previous rackets...
I was that way with the Estusa Power Beam. I hit my best volleys ever with that racquet, and they just stopped producing it! I even scoured the web and found a few, but eventually had to switch (I'm a racquet scraper on low volleys). Though I haven't played in nearly 2 years, my current Wilson they no longer make, so a new racquet is in the offing when I return to the court. My guess is since I lost over 100lbs and lost so much muscle mass, I'll have to go with something light. Any recommendation?
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #2043
country flag austinrunner

austinrunner has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapin54 View Post
King just said that Margaret Court is getting her vote for best female tennis player of all time.

Tafadhali usijisumbue kugusa mwili wangu ulioza!
austinrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #2044

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I was that way with the Estusa Power Beam. I hit my best volleys ever with that racquet, and they just stopped producing it! I even scoured the web and found a few, but eventually had to switch (I'm a racquet scraper on low volleys). Though I haven't played in nearly 2 years, my current Wilson they no longer make, so a new racquet is in the offing when I return to the court. My guess is since I lost over 100lbs and lost so much muscle mass, I'll have to go with something light. Any recommendation?
I think of all the rackets I played with, I performed the best with the Pro Staff Tour 6.0 (?), the one used by Federer. But now it is obsolete. I have not been keeping up with the latest developments - when I went to buy a second Sampras 88 cm head, I had to specially get it sent from another shop, cos they had stopped making them, and that was probably 1-2 years ago. But I cannot keep buying more and more... as it is I probably have more Wilson Pro Staff rackets at home than Chris Evert!

I would maybe recommend trying the Djokovic model or whatever he is currently using. I tried it once (at least the latest one at the time), but I did not like it (I could not play with any of the K-factor series). It is certainly much lighter, and I remember thinking Djokovic's crosscourt backhands were quite "Evertesque" (like the way she was hitting them 1987-88 in some of her better wins over Martina, obviously not like she was playing 1975-76).
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #2045
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think of all the rackets I played with, I performed the best with the Pro Staff Tour 6.0 (?), the one used by Federer. But now it is obsolete. I have not been keeping up with the latest developments - when I went to buy a second Sampras 88 cm head, I had to specially get it sent from another shop, cos they had stopped making them, and that was probably 1-2 years ago. But I cannot keep buying more and more... as it is I probably have more Wilson Pro Staff rackets at home than Chris Evert!

I would maybe recommend trying the Djokovic model or whatever he is currently using. I tried it once (at least the latest one at the time), but I did not like it (I could not play with any of the K-factor series). It is certainly much lighter, and I remember thinking Djokovic's crosscourt backhands were quite "Evertesque" (like the way she was hitting them 1987-88 in some of her better wins over Martina, obviously not like she was playing 1975-76).
I have te same problem with Nike sneaks. The best I ever had were the black/copper ones (I had a white/silver) Andre Agassi wore at the 1995 USOpen. They felt as comfortable as slippers, had half-decent ankle support, and great yet soft cushiony traction. I loved them! Nike stopped making them. I'll never forget talking to Pat Shields of Fromuth Tennis (local tennis warehouse) about this, and he told me that if I like a particular Nike model, better buy a lot of them, because they change virtually every year. I wish I had.
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #2046
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...s-10-questions
pinapin54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #2047
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Pinapin! I did know about the dirty sense of humour!!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #2048
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

http://blog.oregonlive.com/tennis/20...ris_evert.html
niiice old pics!
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #2049
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Lovely Pics! It's great to look back, thanks Pinapin.
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #2050
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if Chris still plays with wood racquets ever?

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #2051
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Does anyone know if Chris still plays with wood racquets ever?
she doesn't.
i like to dream of her doing so however.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #2052

Can anyone say which Wilson racket Evert is using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmBDr...eature=related

Check out her incredible slice volley at 1:15!! "No way!"
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #2053
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird that she's saying she still plays with the Pro Staff. Every time I've seen her with a racquet it never looked like a Pro Staff at all for the last few years.
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #2054
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
she doesn't.
i like to dream of her doing so however.
I didn't think so but just thought I'll check. Thanks.

Quote:
Can anyone say which Wilson racket Evert is using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmBDr...eature=related

Check out her incredible slice volley at 1:15!! "No way!"
Thanks that was great.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #2055
pinapin54

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ch...ren/977222062/
: ))))))