Chris Evert Thread - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 09:59 AM   #1696
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all
Re: Chris Evert Thread

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/english/photoGallery.php
pinapin54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2010, 12:36 AM   #1697
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Interesting (and well stated) comments from Venus Williams today in a NY Times profile.

Q.

How do you think you would you have fared against Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert?

A.

I don’t really know because things are different now than they were back then. Technology is different and training is different. Also, all three of us had such different styles. The only real way to know is that they would have had to play in my era or I would have had to play in theirs. If that had happened, it would have made for some epic tennis.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #1698
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
Interesting (and well stated) comments from Venus Williams today in a NY Times profile.

Q.

How do you think you would you have fared against Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert?

A.

I don’t really know because things are different now than they were back then. Technology is different and training is different. Also, all three of us had such different styles. The only real way to know is that they would have had to play in my era or I would have had to play in theirs. If that had happened, it would have made for some epic tennis.
Very insightful comment.

In playing the woulda coulda shoulda fantasy game, here's my highly subjective prognstication of what would have happened if Venus was born 25 years earlier, and had to play with wood against Chris.

Chris would sweep every match they ever played on Chris. And there would be a few 6-0,6-1 type matches. Venus just couldn't match Evert's movement or versatility.

Fast indoor matches would be mostly one-sided, with the occasional epically close 7-6 in the third. Sometimes Venus would use her strength and reach to overpower Chris on a fast surface. Other times Evert would play aggressively, not make mistakes, and force Venus to implode.

Venus would win her fair share times on grass, but a lot would depend on the development of Venus.

Hard courts would be a real test for both, as I think they both would be able to use their weapons to their advantage.

As with nearly every foe, I still say Evert rules the H2H with Venus, if they played during Chris' era.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #1699
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Going to the film premiere screening of "Unmatched" in an hour! Will let you know how it goes b4 i leave for vacation!
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #1700
country flag daze11

well, it was pretty refreshing.... for the length of the documentary, chris & martina (aside from some match commentator here & there) were the only 2 voices speaking, so after so many have spoken about them, it was cool to have them speak for themselves.

i realize i dont want to tell too much because it ruins the effect ... best to hear the comments etc as they're happening for the first time.

but i will say this - just like the thread about harping on the 13 consecutive losses, this was definitely an example of that. That's the foundation of the 'footage' portion of the documentary: 1978 Wimbledon & then 1983-85.

Alot of the documentary was Chris generously flattering Martina, and Martina taking it graciously but not offering much back. I will tell you Martina tried to pull a "One match you kept hitting to my backhand & I needed 3 years of cortozone on that arm after that," which amazingly, she totally meant literally. Luckily, Evert shot back with a dismissively humorous tone, "Well maybe you shouldn't have hit so many back, I mean take some responsibility."

Another interesting thing was that Martina's stats were all presented correctly, but when Chris does her usual 'I dont remember' and says she lost 14 times in a row, Martina never corrects her; then they put it in there TWICE, never correcting it, and then Chris does a joke about it as a THIRD time it's mentioned, which by THEN, believe me Martina could have said, "Well it was 13 not 14, don't be so hard on yourself" & even made it funny, but of course, she kept silent & pretended not to know.

If Chrissie had said, 'I think I lost 11 in a row' believe me, Martina would have said, "13 honey." But no correction was made... I've come to like Martina quite a bit more than I did in the past, and I really see her as a woman who has evolved into her beinghood to a delightful degree, but it is clear.....if you are competitive enough to be the type of champion these 2 are, it may never leave you. but it sure can come off as revealingly petty.

And now, what u all wanted to know... Chrissie looked HOT. And I mean, Chris is a babe. Martina looked good but put a LOT of work in her hair, as I'm sure tomorrow's pics will reveal. I prefer a more natural look... She didn't stick around much though so I didnt see her enough to comment. But Chris kind of mingled with the crowd for a while, and didn't keep her team around her, so anyone could have gone up and had a chat. That was refreshing as well.

oh, and this is funny & won't ruin anything.... the very start, maybe first minute was kinda drawn out, with 2 giggly moments between long pauses, with a super girlie pop soundtrack thing in the background...and i swear, it made me scared this was going to be like the movie "Beaches" as a girl-feel-good fest. But after that first 60 seconds, they went right into the real stuff & it was totally enjoyable.

ok, gotta pack for my trip, hope u enjoyed this little preview!!!

Last edited by daze11 : Aug 27th, 2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #1701
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the review Daze, I can't wait to see it! Hope you enjoy your hols!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #1702
pinapin54

pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all pinapin54 is a name known to all

more on http://www.daylife.com/search?q=chris+evert !!!!!!
thanx Daze
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #1703
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the Pics, I love Chrissie's Shoes!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #1704
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Daze- I really enjoyed the preview. Hopefully they'll show it here in the UK.

Love Martina as I do, so true about the 13 match winning streak and if Chris had said 11, Martina would have been right in there.....made me laugh though!
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #1705
country flag laschutz

laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold laschutz is a splendid one to behold

wow, i almost didn't recognize martina in the last pic posted! lol! seems martina is finally embracing maturing womanhood and her looks! however once again....

always a huge evert fan from the beginning to the end and i eventually came to be a fan of martina towards the end of her career and her being such a symbol to people for various reasons, but i still don't like how chrissie downplays her achievements and talents, and builds martina up over and over and did i say over and over and yet martina never comments chris back or does it grudgingly.

seems that martina cannot let her competitive spirit go?!
laschutz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #1706
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by laschutz View Post
wow, i almost didn't recognize martina in the last pic posted! lol! seems martina is finally embracing maturing womanhood and her looks! however once again....

always a huge evert fan from the beginning to the end and i eventually came to be a fan of martina towards the end of her career and her being such a symbol to people for various reasons, but i still don't like how chrissie downplays her achievements and talents, and builds martina up over and over and did i say over and over and yet martina never comments chris back or does it grudgingly.

seems that martina cannot let her competitive spirit go?!
Martina has a spirit of competition and she will always be in all areas .Chris knows it and copes with that,don't worry for her .

Last edited by calou : Aug 28th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #1707
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinapin54 View Post
Wow, they both look fabulous
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #1708
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by calou View Post
Martina has a spirit of competition and she will always be in all areas .Chris knows it and cope with that,don't worry for her .
Yes indeed. Chris is big enough to look out for herself. I'm sure she would have said something if she wanted to.
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM   #1709
pinapin54

http://www.truveo.com/chat-with-simp.../id/1325170910
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1710
pinapin54

http://www.truveo.com/chris-evert-in.../id/2168871426