Chris Evert Thread - Page 112 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #1666
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evertmad View Post
************** then use the Items lsitings bit as otherwise it wont save....as an html link
Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #1667
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissiefan View Post
Thanks so much for the video. Chris is looking good, like her in black, but I think she looks better with her hair longer! I too think Henin will win the FO, it's just a shame that Kim is out. I'm off the Youtube, to check out the other video's of Chris.
Good Evening SueI think Evert looks great,you know she is a very sexy woman. There is one thing that I have never asked you and it seems bizarre that I havent but have you ever seen Evert play live?? And if not what is your favourite match you would have liked to have been at???
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #1668
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Good Evening SueI think Evert looks great,you know she is a very sexy woman. There is one thing that I have never asked you and it seems bizarre that I havent but have you ever seen Evert play live?? And if not what is your favourite match you would have liked to have been at???
Hello Macky I did see Chrissie play a few games at Wimbledon. It was on the old No.1 court, and I was crushed into a very small space, and I could hardly move! It was one of the few times I had been to Wimbledon, and it didn't rain, I remember thinking that she hit the ball very hard, much harder than it seemed on tv, and how small she really was, and how graceful!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #1669
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Hello Macky I did see Chrissie play a few games at Wimbledon. It was on the old No.1 court, and I was crushed into a very small space, and I could hardly move! It was one of the few times I had been to Wimbledon, and it didn't rain, I remember thinking that she hit the ball very hard, much harder than it seemed on tv, and how small she really was, and how graceful!
SueThat is so cool that you did see Evert play. I always remember watching Sue Barker at Eastbourne in 83 and 84, she was past her best by then but boy was she still a fine hitter of the ball.Just very nervous. It must be so great when your idol is someone as great as Evert with the ability she had. It was great supporting Sue but there wasnt as much to get happy about!!! It is so funny that I remember some idiots saying back in the day that Evert was manufactured, What sh..e. I mean she had some of the nicest and most beautifully produced ground strokes I have ever seen!!!
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 11:51 PM   #1670
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Really nice production stills on Chris & Martina from the documentary that'll air during the US open...
http://30for30.espn.com/film/unmatched.html
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #1671
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really nice production stills on Chris & Martina from the documentary that'll air during the US open...
They were advertising this just last night. It debuts on September 14th. Really cool footage of Martina and Chris in the Hamptons in luxury surroundings.

All of us old timers will want this one on DVD I suspect!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #1672
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
DazeGreat to hear from you, its been way too long. Hope you are well. Thanks for the link, and I cant wait for this to reach Britain. Better not take too long!!!!!
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #1673
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
They were advertising this just last night. It debuts on September 14th. Really cool footage of Martina and Chris in the Hamptons in luxury surroundings.

All of us old timers will want this one on DVD I suspect!
RolloFor sure. In fact I hope it doesnt take forever to reach Britain!!!!
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #1674
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks for posting Daze, I must admit I'd forgotten all about it! I'm really looking forward to watching it!
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1675
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Thanks for posting Daze, I must admit I'd forgotten all about it! I'm really looking forward to watching it!
SueCan you imagine what an inspiration this programme will be? It will make us look again at one of the greatest of all sports rivalries and consider how lucky we were to be around to witness the wonders of it!!!!!
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #1676
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

Hi Daze,
I know that there has been a 15 minute preview video put together of the 'Unmatched' documentary is it going to be posted so that we can all see the taster or was it just for press ?
Shame Chris was not at Wimbledon to meet the Queen like the Martina or Billie Jean King...is she keeping a low profle purposely or just busy ?
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #1677
country flag chrissiefan

Quote:
Hi Daze,
I know that there has been a 15 minute preview video put together of the 'Unmatched' documentary is it going to be posted so that we can all see the taster or was it just for press ?
Shame Chris was not at Wimbledon to meet the Queen like the Martina or Billie Jean King...is she keeping a low profle purposely or just busy ?
Hi I read an article that Chrissie gave a short time ago, and one of the questions was about her love-life! She said that she got so badly burned and hurt last time, that she just didn't want to go there again I got the impression that she was busy, and just wanted to stay close to home. I might be wrong, but that was the impression, I got!
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #1678
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Hi I read an article that Chrissie gave a short time ago, and one of the questions was about her love-life! She said that she got so badly burned and hurt last time, that she just didn't want to go there again I got the impression that she was busy, and just wanted to stay close to home. I might be wrong, but that was the impression, I got!
Good Afternoon SueIf that is the case how sad for Chrissie. I do hope that the organisers of the French Open and Wimbledon do try and get her over here. Not only is she one of the greatest players of all time, she is one of the most popular as well. She is so fascinating to listen to as well, and her interviews are always so insightful. It is her own choice not to come of course, but we dont want to get into a scenario where she gets out of the habit completely. The world of tennis still has a need for input from this legend.
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #1679
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi Daze,
She never really goes to Wimbledon.... it's right as her kids are getting off from school & are home all day. When Colton graduates, maybe she'll go over for a treat!! But she is taking the summer off from her usual hectic schedule to just mellow out & invest in herself. Quite a lot has happened in the last 2 years & theres much to contemplate.

I'll have a copy of the documentary before it airs but will not be shareable at all in any form until it premiers, and I dont have access to espn to get that promo to share. (I mean i DO but pick & choose my moments, and a promo is not something I want to use my happy favors up on!!) Hopefully they will put that up soon!!! But they're not done editing quite yet.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #1680
country flag iainmac

Quote:
She never really goes to Wimbledon.... it's right as her kids are getting off from school & are home all day. When Colton graduates, maybe she'll go over for a treat!! But she is taking the summer off from her usual hectic schedule to just mellow out & invest in herself. Quite a lot has happened in the last 2 years & theres much to contemplate.

I'll have a copy of the documentary before it airs but will not be shareable at all in any form until it premiers, and I dont have access to espn to get that promo to share. (I mean i DO but pick & choose my moments, and a promo is not something I want to use my happy favors up on!!) Hopefully they will put that up soon!!! But they're not done editing quite yet.
DazeThe sense of anticipation re this documentary is palpable isnt it? It really does indicate the amazing depth of love and passion for the Navratilova and Evert rivalry. It truly is the greatest in tennis I think, even more than some of the more short lived male duels that have existed through history. I think it is to do with all the other issues that surrounded the rivalry, politics, sex, identity, womens rights, communism v capatilism etc etc. It must be a basis for a movie at some stage as well???