Chris Evert Thread - Page 103 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #1531
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice
Re: Chris Evert Thread

Here's a really good report on our favourite player......
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ort-lauderdale
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 10:38 AM   #1532
country flag chrissiefan

chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold chrissiefan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evertmad View Post
Hello! You beat me to it, I had just found this article and was about to post it! Thank-you for posting!
chrissiefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM   #1533
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

very exciting that chris is taking her new facebook page seriously.

someone posted a question about the 1978 wimbledon final, and she answered a question we have all long had... which was, did she seem to be happy for martina that she finally won a slam that year, since she went to the net smiling?

and while the questioner asked her thinking she was being compassionate toward MN, she basically said, "NO!"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...87&topic=11681

Just dont expect her to start answering a slew of questions... but occasionally, she is going to do this.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #1534
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Interesting, thanks very much for posting the link- always fascinating to read about Chrissie.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #1535
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
very exciting that chris is taking her new facebook page seriously.

someone posted a question about the 1978 wimbledon final, and she answered a question we have all long had... which was, did she seem to be happy for martina that she finally won a slam that year, since she went to the net smiling?

and while the questioner asked her thinking she was being compassionate toward MN, she basically said, "NO!"

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...87&topic=11681

Just dont expect her to start answering a slew of questions... but occasionally, she is going to do this.
DazeYou must admit though- Evert did look happy for Navratilova at the end of the 78 final. I know she always conducted herself with dignity post defeat, but she did look as if it didnt bother her as much as one would have expected.???
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #1536
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
DazeYou must admit though- Evert did look happy for Navratilova at the end of the 78 final. I know she always conducted herself with dignity post defeat, but she did look as if it didnt bother her as much as one would have expected.???
thats what she said - it didnt bother her as much at all, and her relief or smile was probably some inner recognition that WOW, finally her happiness didnt only revolve around her tennis. but she meant she wasn't happy that martina beat her; she knew martina was a real threat to her in the long run, and she didnt like the signs that martina was formalizing that by winning against her on such a big occasion.
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #1537
country flag iainmac

Quote:
thats what she said - it didnt bother her as much at all, and her relief or smile was probably some inner recognition that WOW, finally her happiness didnt only revolve around her tennis. but she meant she wasn't happy that martina beat her; she knew martina was a real threat to her in the long run, and she didnt like the signs that martina was formalizing that by winning against her on such a big occasion.
DazeIt does sound as if Evert was starting to feel really liberated from tennis in a way circa this period. The description of how she shut herself away for days in a hotel room after losing to Wade in 77 seems so over the top and destructive to her psyche. Lloyd must have been good for her in a way. And if you look at her form in early 79it is as if she really needed to take a step back from the intensity of greatness and recharge her batteries.
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #1538
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
DazeIt does sound as if Evert was starting to feel really liberated from tennis in a way circa this period. The description of how she shut herself away for days in a hotel room after losing to Wade in 77 seems so over the top and destructive to her psyche. Lloyd must have been good for her in a way. And if you look at her form in early 79it is as if she really needed to take a step back from the intensity of greatness and recharge her batteries.
she had sacrificed everything, including her childhood - which she has mentioned often, for tennis, and then got couped up alone, as those at the top always are. it was very unpleasant, if you consider the nature of the girl we now see -- a very very social girl!!! meeting lloyd and finding happiness there opened her up to a flood of questions and ponderables that would have been very distracting to say the least. as i've said, austin in fact was a mirror of the all-tennis fierce competitor she had been and wondering how much of that person was still in her...or even how much she wanted her to be in her! she still wasn't sure...

but after a year or so, i think she adjusted and realized tennis was just another outlet for her, and she could play to challenge herself instead of play to just maintain being #1.
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #1539
country flag iainmac

Quote:
she had sacrificed everything, including her childhood - which she has mentioned often, for tennis, and then got couped up alone, as those at the top always are. it was very unpleasant, if you consider the nature of the girl we now see -- a very very social girl!!! meeting lloyd and finding happiness there opened her up to a flood of questions and ponderables that would have been very distracting to say the least. as i've said, austin in fact was a mirror of the all-tennis fierce competitor she had been and wondering how much of that person was still in her...or even how much she wanted her to be in her! she still wasn't sure...

but after a year or so, i think she adjusted and realized tennis was just another outlet for her, and she could play to challenge herself instead of play to just maintain being #1.
DazeGood post into the Evert mind-thanks. I have to say though that her comeback of 80 and 81 was one of the greatest in tennis. What mental fortitude- a remarkable woman really.
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM   #1540
country flag daze11

happy birthday little chrissie!!!
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM   #1541
country flag iainmac

Quote:
DazeI amazed one of my patients- he eagerly came in and said - Whose birthday is it today, bet you dont know- you should though. I said back Chris Evert- he was amazed!!!Happy birthday Chrissie- belated!!!!
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 11:16 PM   #1542
country flag Evertmad

Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice Evertmad is just really nice

Great to see her facebook site being updated on a regular basis. Liked the new puppy Millie..!! Its says that its their second dog does that mean that she still has Foster..Greg's dog ?
Anyway..hope that she had a really great birthday....the clip of her playing Sue Barker showed just how great her weight of shot was..and also how deep her shot making was. Nick Bolleteri recently commented on this saying that both Chris & Bjorn Borg were the greatest exponents of this and it helped make them the great champions that they were. Its just a shame that she talks herself down with regards to her achievements. That was one of the great things about Greg is that he constantly promoted how great her achievements were...
Evertmad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #1543
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Great to see her facebook site being updated on a regular basis. Liked the new puppy Millie..!! Its says that its their second dog does that mean that she still has Foster..Greg's dog ?
Anyway..hope that she had a really great birthday....the clip of her playing Sue Barker showed just how great her weight of shot was..and also how deep her shot making was. Nick Bolleteri recently commented on this saying that both Chris & Bjorn Borg were the greatest exponents of this and it helped make them the great champions that they were. Its just a shame that she talks herself down with regards to her achievements. That was one of the great things about Greg is that he constantly promoted how great her achievements were...
A truly phenomenal player. When I saw the disc of her playing Barker in the finals of the 77 VS I was astonished at how both of them hit the ball. Not so much Evert in the first set when she was oddly lethargic and Barker was thumping the ball. But as the match went on there was more and more indication of how great Evert was. I think she and Borg were fantastic players, the most beautiful from the baseline. Anyway all the best to you for Christmas and the New Year.
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #1544
country flag daze11

Quote:
no, they have an older dog whose name is lucky.

i thought it was fascinating that they would name the new dog millie.... i know of 1 mill that used to be around the house who is no longer... am i the only one that sees the MILLie in this??

like most experienced woman, i imagine she prefers the 'dog' than to need to take care of the 'man'!!
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #1545
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Happy Birthday (belated ) also from me!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote