Huubere and Sarile to split after US Open! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #1
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute
Huubere and Sarile to split after US Open!

Marteena Huubere today annouced that she plans to end her unsuccessful doubles partnership with Lindsay Anne Sarile after the US Open. The two former top 5 doubles players with numerous titles between them, have not won a single tournament this year, and find themselves low in the ranks. "We haven't had the results we were looking for this year, and have been very unlucky in many of our matches" Huubere said. "We initially were planning to stick the year out, but we realise that if we do we may be ranked so low that we jeopardise our rankings and seedings for next year with our new partners. We hope to have a good result at the US Open to finish off our partnership. I've had a blast playing with Lindsay despite the results. She's a great player, and a really good girl. A great friend. I wish her all the best for the rest of the year and her career."

When asked her plans for doubles now, Huubere said "Well, next year I'm playing with another good friend of mine, Sabine (Graf), so hopefully we might be able to play a few tournaments together here and there for the rest of the year. If not, then i'll just play with anyone available trying to build up some results and get my ranking up to something a little more respectable. Doubles is still a priority of mine, and i enjoy playing doubles, i really do think it helps my singles game, and just the atmosphere is wonderful on court"

The split can hardly come as a suprise to any FWTT follower.
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2003, 04:25 PM   #2
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Not suprise at all

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #3
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute
Should have stayed with Larissa

Good luck with Sabine, you guys will make a good team.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #4
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute
After speaking to Sabine Graf, Marteena Huubere announced that they will be able to play together in a few tournaments to end this year, starting off at Shanghai and Leipzig, then Moscow, Filderstadt and Zurich.

Marteena also wishes the best of luck to Lindsay Anne Sarile for the remainder of the year. "I hope she can find someone to play with for the remainder of the year, and if not, i hope she can have some great results to get her rank back up to where it belongs!"
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 10:19 AM   #5
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Regla Torres said, "I'm surprised".