US Open Qualfying Day 3 Report and Pictures - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 02:49 AM   #1
srg1

srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all
US Open Qualfying Day 3 Report and Pictures

Again, this is going to take awhile to post all the pics.

Since the Open maindraw is getting closer, there are more top players practicing at the National Tennis Center. I was able to catch some of them which was awesome. As I have said before, if you want a full size picture emailed to you, just let me know.

It wasn't as sunny today, so the weather was much more pleasant. I arrived at the tennis center at around noon. I couldn't believe it - Jankovic was walking off the court and Ashley was not far behind. The latter was especially surprising. Day ended with some gritty battles. Match of the day was Wheeler and Barna. Match took forever and Wheeler was cramping badly. Amazingly, she pulled out the third set. Wheeler served for the match at 5-3 in the third and was broken. Then she broke back to win. Both players gave their all and were grunting loudly.

My next trip to the Open will be on Tuesday. Too bad I won't be there for the roving circus that will be Kornikova. Maybe she stay around for the second week and I will get to see her.
srg1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:06 AM   #2
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
I've been waiting for this

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:36 AM   #3
srg1

srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all
Jankovic and Fauth picture

As I mentioned, these two were literally walking off the court when I arrived. See picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jankovic and Fauth walking off.jpg (83.8 KB, 140 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:48 AM   #4
srg1

Strycova and Yoshida pics

After the Jankovic match, I ran over to see Strycova. She had just won the first set. I took some pictures, and then went over to watch Groenefeld and Ashley.

I am a bit surprised that Strycova has done so well. She is small and pudgy and I didn't think she would make an easy transition to the pros. But she appears to be doing well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yoshida.jpg (60.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Strycova 1.jpg (71.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Strycova 2.jpg (57.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Strycova 3.jpg (59.5 KB, 63 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:02 AM   #5
srg1

Groenefeld and Ashley pics

I only saw a couple of points of this match. Entire match couldn't have lasted much more than an hour. I am surprised at how easily Ashley won. Groenefeld will get better over time as she gets stronger.

One of the pics of Ashley was taken after the match when she was with her entourage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ashley and Groenefeld shaking hands.jpg (90.9 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg Ashley 1.jpg (76.8 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg Ashley 2.jpg (73.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Groenefeld 2.jpg (68.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Groenefeld 6.jpg (89.3 KB, 75 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:22 AM   #6
srg1

Baker v. Sequera

When I arrived at this match, Baker had lost the first set. Baker did everything she could against Sequera. She mixed up her shots. She charged the net. Nothing worked consistently. Sequera is small, but she is quick with enough power to hit winners. Baker, although she is in good shape, is still a little slow when she has to change directions. I think her quickness will improve as she grows into her body.

In the match, there were many points that Baker would seemingly be in control. However, Baker has a long windup which gave Sequera a chance to recover. Then Sequera would hit a winner to end the point.

The crowd was large for this match. I think Baker's good looks was the draw.

Baker, gracious as usual, signed autographs after the match. See picture. Kids were all over her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sequera.jpg (79.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Baker 4.jpg (67.1 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Baker 6.jpg (84.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Baker 8.jpg (86.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Baker 10.jpg (83.1 KB, 77 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:31 AM   #7
srg1

Kleinova v. Lastra

I had never heard of Lastra. Someone today told me she played college tennis at Stanford. She is small and quick. I would compare her to Sequera. Kleinova seemed quite frustrated and could do no right today. In the second set, she completely missed one overhead. It was horrible. Lastra pretty much chased down everything hit at her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kleinova.jpg (63.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Lastra.jpg (71.3 KB, 80 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:45 AM   #8
srg1

Birnerova pics

I don't know anything about Liggan, so I was surprised by the score since I know Birnerova had an excellent junior career. Didn't watch the match. But I will say I was not impressed with Birnerova's performance against Avants two days ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Birnerova 1.jpg (59.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Birnerova 2.jpg (54.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Birnerova 3.jpg (48.0 KB, 44 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 04:53 AM   #9
srg1

Dulon v. Castano pics

pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Castano.jpg (87.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Dulon 1.jpg (60.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Dulon 2.jpg (64.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Dulon 3.jpg (70.3 KB, 35 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:04 AM   #10
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
tomorrow can you please get some more pics of wheeler for us aussies
thanks heaps your pics are great
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:09 AM   #11
srg1

Lamade v. McCain pics

pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg McCain.jpg (79.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Lamade 1.jpg (68.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Lamade 2.jpg (66.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Lamade 3.jpg (57.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Lamade 4.jpg (55.4 KB, 42 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:10 AM   #12
srg1

I do not plan on going tomorrow. There is just that one picture of Wheeler from the first day.

Last edited by srg1 : Aug 22nd, 2003 at 05:31 AM.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:20 AM   #13
srg1

Kristina Brandi pics

pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brandi 1.jpg (60.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Brandi 2.jpg (76.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Brandi 3.jpg (78.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Brandi 4.jpg (77.7 KB, 43 views)
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:34 AM   #14
country flag the jamierbelyea
I did it for the aesthetics.

the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute the jamierbelyea has a reputation beyond repute
have u caught any action of the chinese trio (tian tian sun, jie zheng, zi yan) ? any ideas on how good they are?
the jamierbelyea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:37 AM   #15
srg1

Llagostera Vives v. Arvidsson pics

Llagostera Vives is a little sparkplug. How does she compare to Sanchez Vicario?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arvidsson 1.jpg (70.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Arvidsson 2.jpg (70.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Llagostera Vives 1.jpg (46.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Llagostera Vives 2.jpg (60.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Llagostera Vives 4.jpg (58.7 KB, 39 views)