Jana Novotna serve and volley club - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #136
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jana Novotna serve and volley club

I am assuming it was part of the same event, but last year the exo was a mixed doubles event, Mandlikova /Lendl vs. Novotna /Mecir.

The last article that I read about Jana's life today was about 12 years ago. It said that she was living in Virginia enjoying being a simple homeowner. She loved doing mundane things like ironing, vacuuming, and grocery shopping. I wonder how long that lasted?

But it did illustrate how travelling the tour for so many years makes some players crave normalcy.
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2014, 08:26 PM   #137
country flag raccoontat

raccoontat has disabled reputation

Thank you hanafanGA. I'm laughing, she's so cute. Could you picture her ironing? LOL
raccoontat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #138
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanaFanGA View Post
I am assuming it was part of the same event, but last year the exo was a mixed doubles event, Mandlikova /Lendl vs. Novotna /Mecir.

The last article that I read about Jana's life today was about 12 years ago. It said that she was living in Virginia enjoying being a simple homeowner. She loved doing mundane things like ironing, vacuuming, and grocery shopping. I wonder how long that lasted?

But it did illustrate how travelling the tour for so many years makes some players crave normalcy.
Well didn't she manage the Luxembourg tournament for quite a while? Also, she was coaching Marion Bartoli for a short period of time, wasn't she? Don't know what she has been up to.

Jana was my favourite player back in the day and I still often rewatch her matches. Sometimes I wish to be taken into a time capsula (is that the word in English?) just to travel back to the day where she won Wimbledon and relive it all over again.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote