Jana Novotna serve and volley club - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:58 PM   #1
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Jana Novotna serve and volley club

Okay I like Jana Novotna a lot for her playing style, here is an opportunity for you to share your memories of Jana Novotna, apart from teh famous Wimbledon tear jerkers episode which last for 5 years, what other memories do you have?

One thing which stick out to my memory most is her doubles with ASV, they were such a happy pair and also with martina Hingis, unfortuneately both partnership end with some unpleasant exchange of verbal war. But anyway forget all about that and appreciate what jana have done to tennis world

Indexed.

Last edited by Rollo : May 19th, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:32 AM   #2
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
Does Novotna still chat with her fans on her yahoo club? I found it nice from her that she took time for that
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:06 AM   #3
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

I miss Jana! She was an AMAZING athlete!

Remember that French Open match against Anna Kournikova, I think it was 1997 -- Anna was running Jana again and again from sideline to sideline, but Jana kept getting to every ball against all odds! Like an early version of Venus! And she won the match.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:31 AM   #4
country flag shirley

shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Oh cool! A Jana club

*Kilmarnock FC: Scottish League Cup Winners 2012*

Juan Martin Del Potro

World Cup 2010 Prediction Joint Champion
shirley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:36 AM   #5
country flag Maajken
Miss Verstand

Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future Maajken has a brilliant future
Oh Jana, i miss her. I love her commentating during Eastbourne and Wimbledon

Och du håller så hårt och när längtan blir svår
Så är jag din, din, din att ta med
Att ta ut, att ta in i någonting nytt
Maajken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:48 AM   #6
country flag shirley

shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by irma
Does Novotna still chat with her fans on her yahoo club? I found it nice from her that she took time for that
Yes, Jana still talks to her fans on her yahoo club. She also replies to messages.

Check it out: - http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/jananovotnaclub

Juan Martin Del Potro

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:07 AM   #7
bull

bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice bull is just really nice
Quote:
Okay I like Jana Novotna a lot for her playing style, here is an opportunity for you to share your memories of Jana Novotna, apart from teh famous Wimbledon tear jerkers episode which last for 5 years, what other memories do you have?
One thing which stick out to my memory most is her doubles with ASV, they were such a happy pair and also with martina Hingis, unfortuneately both partnership end with some unpleasant exchange of verbal war. But anyway forget all about that and appreciate what jana have done to tennis world
thanks wongqks for starting so wonderful thread here! i love her style too! her elegant tennis performance will be in my mind forever and no player can compare with her style espcially for her net skill and backhand slice!

in my memory, 1999's french open, in the doubles match, jana hurt her wrist by steping on zvereva's foot for saving a ball. and she was taken off the court on the stretcher with tears. i can tell how painful she was at that time. i think that tear not just for the pain on wrist and also for the upcoming wimbledon. all these was on my local news and i heard the reporter said that that would influence her defence on the coming wimbledon... that really hurt my heart!
bull is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:50 AM   #8
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
shirley,

Thanks for posting this link on Jana yahoo club, Jana frequently answer question on her club, but I am still waiting for her chat coz she has not done that for a long while

bull

I saw that pic as well, Jana was carried off and she just covered her face in disbelief, very sad. BUt then look at the positive side Jana achieve a lot in tennis, I will be very upset if she does not get inducted to Tennis Hall of Fame
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:52 AM   #9
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

One more note,

I am very upset no one take it where she left off, in a way that there is no serve and volleyer around, I hope it will not diminish completely, I wish Jana can coach someone or something and make her another serve and volleyer like she is.
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:50 PM   #10
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
OMG.. I didn't know that Jana talked to her fans on the web or that she even had a fan club. Thanx for telling me everyone..

Great thread by the way!

I too miss Jana a lot
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:20 PM   #11
galadriel

galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute
She was a great player .I really miss her serve and volley style.
Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:03 AM   #12
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i talked to her on her club recently on what to do with my smash
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:09 PM   #13
country flag shirley

Lightbulb

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/eve...000/126608.stm

Juan Martin Del Potro

Last edited by shirley : Feb 4th, 2002 at 01:32 AM.
Old Feb 5th, 2002, 05:58 AM   #14
country flag Alberto

Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute Alberto has a reputation beyond repute
I admire Jana, but you remember when she lost 6-3, 6-0 in third round in Australia?

what a dissaster!!!

We miss you Jana...SERVE AND VOLLEY!!!
Alberto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:07 PM   #15
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

Alberto,

I don't even want to think about that match against Maria Sanchez Lorenzo LOL.

Jana decide to go to Australia since 1996 at that time to give herself a shot at Australian Open, and rightfully so, and then she play really badly, I remember she had some kind of injury as well which kept her from playing her best and also shows at the result in her carpet season in 98 (a surface in which she excel on), I think she lost like 4 match in a row or something and then lost to Steffi in round 1 in Chase Championship (surprise surprise LOL). anyway, 99 is definitely not her year LOL, but hey we all like Jana.