Whoa! ANNA vs. Monica: Might be a classic match - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:05 PM   #1
TeeRexx

TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice TeeRexx is just really nice
Whoa! ANNA vs. Monica: Might be a classic match

ANNA seems to be very confident and determined and also has the will to win the close matches.

After Monica was just able to squeek out a win against an aggressive Alexandra, this match seems to have the makings of a good and even a classic battle, with Monica, unfortunately coming out ahead of the Russian Rocket.
TeeRexx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:13 PM   #2
country flag Williams Rulez
Team WTAworld

Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Monica will sass Anna off the court

Mary : Monica : Svetlana : Sania : Jennifer : Amelie
Roddick : Grosjean : David : Djokovic
Williams Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:15 PM   #3
country flag ~RedRose~

~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts
I agree!! Anna may aswell not even play!!!!!! Joking!!! I thought Jelena would be playing instead of Anna!!!!! Im Upset!! ... But id rather Monica get to the Final as i dont want Anna to win!! I want anna to retire without a tournament win!!
~RedRose~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:18 PM   #4
country flag m_pierce fan

m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice m_pierce fan is just really nice
Lightbulb Come on Anna!!

I think Anna will win this game in two straight sets...Something like 6-4 7-5...And she will be in final against Martina Hingis and Martina will give the win for Anna....
m_pierce fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:19 PM   #5
ajayares

ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all
I don't think will need to guess who you don't like yoshie707..

BTW I hope Jelena...... oh never mind, might get banned if I say what I really feel...

The good news is that i will get to see this match on TV now..
Well not tomorrow, but next Saturday.. but it better than not seeing it all, I suppose..

Last edited by ajayares : Feb 1st, 2002 at 04:25 PM.
ajayares is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:23 PM   #6
thefreedesigner
Team WTAworld

thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light thefreedesigner is a glorious beacon of light
It should be really interesting.

Anna now seems to have the confidence and match tightness back.

I'd still pick Monica though!
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:23 PM   #7
country flag ~RedRose~

~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts ~RedRose~ is infamous around these parts
I dont not like anna .......... i just like drama!! But lets face it ... Anna cannot produce Quality tennis at a consistant period of time ... like a week or two!!
~RedRose~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:23 PM   #8
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
I have read before that this surface plays like grass so when Anna plays well and Monica is not on her best then I think Anna has a change but after I say this you will see that Monica wins 6:1 6:1, that always happens when I predict something good for Anna!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:26 PM   #9
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
As much as I want anna to get this title, (although being a Monica fan myself ) I don't think she can get pass Monica, Monica is exactly the kind of player Anna have trouble beating: players who hit harder than her and more consistent than her and have a better serve than her. I hope this will be a close match to give anna much needed confidence, but I expect Monica setting up a classic clash against Martina again with a straight set win maybe something like 6-2 7-5 or something (Anna always start slowly which is starting to hurt her)
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:28 PM   #10
country flag destructo_girl

destructo_girl has disabled reputation
I think Anna has a real chance, judging byb her form of late.
Best of Luck to Anna, cos I really want her to win, and get to the final.

Of course, Monica's the favourite here, but I'm still hoping for a Spice Girls Final.

I hope this girl can get back up to the top ten ASAP, cos thats where she belongs.

Go Anna!
destructo_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:33 PM   #11
country flag marshmellow

marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice marshmellow is just really nice
hehe yoshie...i sure hope that does't happen...cmon now....i might get a heart attack if she pulls out against monica....
marshmellow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:34 PM   #12
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Whoa! ANNA vs. Monica

Congrats to Anna for getting this far! Its nice to see her improving her singles game.....also Martina for her win as well...Yes, Anna will REALLY have her hands full against Monica however the challenge is out there...so Good Luck Anna!! Prove all us doubters wrong (another challenge)!!
barmaid
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:34 PM   #13
ajayares

ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all ajayares is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by yoshie707
I dont not like anna .......... i just like drama!! But lets face it ... Anna cannot produce Quality tennis at a consistant period of time ... like a week or two!!
Really??
Oh so making 18QF's 18 semis, 3 finals.. means you can not produce any consistent results?? sure she has not won an event..
But she is very consistent.. If you enore the results when making her comeback from injury.. where she had 5 first Rd defeats..

Plus I wouldn't say Jelena is the most consist player on the circuit either?? sure she won 3 tournaments last year, but how many first Rd defeats did she have??? 6
ajayares is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:18 PM   #14
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute
I think Anna is in with a chance here. She's much fresher and more determined than Monica. She's in good form, likes this surface. Not that I'm necessarily picking her to win, but it should be close...
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 05:23 PM   #15
country flag sartrista7
Registered 1

sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future
I think Anna definitely has a chance. There's absolutely no pressure on her - she's already made the semis and defended her points, which no-one thought she'd do - and Monica's in good form, so a Monica win is expected. But Anna's been in pretty devastating form, and has been quietly impressive this year... GO ANNA!
sartrista7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote