Natasha Zvereva Appreciation Society - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #571
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of
Re: Natasha Zvereva Appreciation Society

There's a funny thing I just saw when I watched her match against Gaby Sabatini in the US Open 1992. She played an amazing shot - a one handed topspin backhand out of a defensive position with a great ankle. Finally it was a winner.

This match in general was amazing good.
chaton is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 03:12 PM   #572
country flag davidoff1001

davidoff1001 has disabled reputation

http://tennis-buzz.com/tag/lindsay-davenport/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.0 KB, 5 views)
davidoff1001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 05:41 PM   #573
tommyk75

tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future tommyk75 has a brilliant future

Natasha remains the only player who I've seen who went back and forth between a one-handed and two-handed TOPSPIN backhand. So much talent!
tommyk75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 06:52 PM   #574

Yes, that is her playing style
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #575

17 Jul 2014

Zvereva dreams of Olympics as Belarus win Moscow opener

Olga Barabanschikova/Natalia Zvereva (BLR) high-five their Chinese opponents after winning on day one
Natalia Zvereva may be a rookie in terms of beach tennis, but the multiple Grand Slam doubles champion and Olympian knows a burgeoning sport when she sees one and, on the opening day of the ITF Beach Tennis World Team Championship in Moscow, firmly predicted that her “hobby” would eventually become an Olympic sport.
In partnership with Gigi Fernandez, the Belarusian won 18 Grand Slam women’s doubles titles during the Nineties and here in Moscow the 43-year-old has been re-united with her old Fed Cup teammate Olga Barabanschikova. Along with the Belarusian men, they proved too strong for an inexperienced China team, winning 3-0 to progress to the second round where they will face the No. 7 seeds Portugal.
“It’s nice to have a hobby and this is my hobby,” said Zvereva, who finished third with her partner in the European Championships the very first time she picked up a racket. Not everyone is a natural, though, even if most can play the sport to some degree from the moment they set foot on the soft, crystalized sand.
“Eventually within so many years beach tennis will become an Olympic sport so that’s a huge motivation for all countries to play it,” added Zvereva.
All eight seeds were given a bye in the first round on Thursday, but there could be a nasty surprise waiting for one or two on Friday. Some of the supposedly inferior nations among the record entry of 24 like Belarus - one of six competing in the championship for the first time - possess players with Davis Cup or Fed Cup experience. However, Zvereva thought that a tennis background was only an advantage “if you were good at tennis”.
Barabanschikova said that the “only thing I feel sorry for in my life” was the bronze medal that slipped through the fingers of Zvereva and herself at the Sydney Olympics. While she might have to wait awhile to get a chance to rectify that matter in beach tennis, success here would be a small consolation in a sport she has quickly become attached to.
“I love the energy and relaxed atmosphere of beach tennis, although here I feel the competition more,” she said. “It’s beautiful – soft sand and you can wear open clothes. It’s a lot of fun, something different.
“Unlike tennis and other professional sports where you have to start when you’re a kid to be any good, here anyone can play if you practise and have some [basic] physical fitness and that’s a huge plus for beach tennis.”
Brazil, the defending champion, opens its account on Friday against Cyprus, whose team includes Petros Baghdatis, the brother of Marcos, the former Australian Open runner-up. Cyprus lost the women’s match against Switzerland but came back to the win the men’s and mixed doubles.
Italy, the founding father of the sport, is probably the team that they all have to beat, though. The winners of the inaugural championship two years ago and runners-up last year possess some of the best men and women players in the world. The No. 2 seeds play France, who defeated Greece 3-0 in the first round, and, if successful, could come up against Belarus in the quarterfinals.
In the men’s game, serve is king and in that respect Russia possess some of the biggest in Nikita Burmakin, Sergey Kuptsov and Vladislav Zaichenko.
The host nation will be desperate to improve on its third place finish of a year ago, but first they have to find a way past Hungary, who beat Thailand 3-0 in its opening match.

By Clive White

http://www.itftennis.com/news/180446...4CjOhRuMphZ.99
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 07:34 AM   #576

http://www.itftennis.com/news/180446.aspx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (57.6 KB, 7 views)
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 07:47 AM   #577

http://www.shutterstock.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.7 KB, 5 views)
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 07:49 AM   #578

http://www.shutterstock.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (43.2 KB, 4 views)