Natasha Zvereva Appreciation Society - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:12 PM   #31
country flag gorecki

gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute
anyone know where i can find Natasha's complete [or at least from her partnership with Gigi] doubles record/results?
I'm going out, I'm going to drink myself to death
And in the crowd I see you with someone else
I brace myself 'cause I know it's going to hurt
But I like to think at least things can't get any worse
[center]
gorecki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #32
cunnihingis

cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light cunnihingis is a glorious beacon of light
zvereva has always been one of my favourites. it's a bit sad she didn't achieve more in singles but i really believe her career was scarred by that french open loss.

thegoose i'm glad they still make reference to that famous wimbledon point. natahsa was simply astounding!
cunnihingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 07:46 PM   #33
country flag gorecki

gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute gorecki has a reputation beyond repute
[IMG]http://www.******************/zvereva/index-t0023.jpg[/IMG]
[center]
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 08:09 PM   #34
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
the goose
where is that video thing on the WImbledon site ??
can you put a link here ??
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 09:28 PM   #35
country flag raquel

raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute
I found this article on Natasha by accident. It is from Wimbledon 2000. I can actually remember seeing this! Natasha walked off court, head down, giving the finger on each hand I always remembered that moment. Natasha was so cool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, 8 July, 2000, 11:07 GMT 12:07 UK
Wimbledon furore over Zvereva gesture

Wimbledon officials have launched an investigation after Natasha Zvereva appeared to make an obscene gesture.

Serena and Venus Williams reached the final of the women's doubles at the tournament after knocking out Zvereva and her partner Anna Kournikova on Friday.

As the four walked off the court however, 29-year-old Zvereva was pictured holding both her arms in the air and with the middle finger of both hands raised.

The match umpire, Ted Watts, is understood not to have reported the two-fingered salute but the Lawn Tennis Association said the championship referee Allan Mills would be speaking to him on Saturday.

Outbursts

A championship spokesman said: "The umpire did not report anything so Mr Mills will be talking to him and we will be studying video footage. I am sure we will release a statement in due course."

Miss Zvereva could face a fine for code violation if after viewing video evidence Mr Mills decides the gesture warrants action.

This year's Wimbledon has already seen a number of outbursts from players including Britain's Tim Henman who broke his racquet in frustration after being beaten in the fourth round by Mark Philippoussis.

In the first week, Israeli Anna Smashnova was fined after a ball she struck hit someone in the crowd.

On the same day, American Jeff Tarango failed to shake hands with the umpire or his opponent, and in a similar show of petulance, Wayne Ferreira smashed his racquet and swore during his match with Richard Krajicek.

raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 10:05 AM   #36

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Natasha was never one to go by the rule book

still such a sweety

Sure it was same yr when Anna/Natasha got streaked at by that infamous serial streaker
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 03:55 PM   #37
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Gorecki-I thibk to get Zvereva's dubs record we'll have to put in a request to the WTA. Anyone know where/how to do that? Eggy?

I have her dubs record for 1990-but not match results.
I have her dubs record for certain years (see my world rankings thread)

I've got dubs matches from 1998 forward Gorecki, but it will take me a while to find and post.

Finally, you can find Gigi's complete results at:

http://www.obsessions.org.uk/gigi/

Click on "Doubles stats" at top of page.

Best of luck
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 04:10 PM   #38

should be able to get her complete doubles record from the WTA
LSchroeder@wtatour.com and ask Liz for the record
she should be able to provide it.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 07:23 PM   #39
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a million TBE-
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 09:10 PM   #40
country flag thegoose

thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice thegoose is just really nice
I dunno if the link below will work but this is for vids and books from wimbledon and the doubles one is near the bottom.
There are also little interviews with Gigi, Natasha etc. and Natasha describes Hingis as a 'genious'.

http://shop2.wimbledon.org/en/catego...osPosters.html
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #41
country flag gorecki

Rollo: thanks in advance! looking forward to see Natasha's results with the various players she's partnered in her career.

Does anyone know of a good website where they have a good collection of Natasha's matches on tape/DVD?
[center]
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 04:11 PM   #42
country flag gorecki

Rollo: did you manage to get Natasha's doubles match results?
[center]
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 11:30 AM   #43
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Not yet gorecki-I'll let you know when they come
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #44
Task

Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future Task has a brilliant future
Anybody else in here think Natasha should write her autobiography?

Why not? There certainly have been biographies published about less interesting people with less interesting lives.

I would read it.
Task is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #45

I'd definately get a copy(ies)

Natasha =