Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #811
country flag wta_chris

wta_chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread

I know it was only an exhibition, but it's pretty difficult to find what actually happened in the match; even one of my colleagues who was there on the day of the final said he couldn't really remember the score!

As for the dancing, Navratilova was trying to play it cool at first, but eventually Hingis's enthusiasm proved infectious!
wta_chris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM   #812
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
there's plenty of video of snippets on youtube. Still looking of rthe score.

In the meantime here's video of the two Martina's dancing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it69kFmrBmQ
Funny video
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 01:41 PM   #813
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

A busy month for Martina ,she will perform on Dancing with the stars ,is on Tweeter ( @ martina ) and on FB :https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marti...93822980722266
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 02:05 PM   #814
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by calou View Post
A busy month for Martina ,she will perform on Dancing with the stars ,is on Tweeter ( @ martina ) and on FB :https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marti...93822980722266
Tini should bring out some of the "Swan Lake" (or was it "The Nutcracker"?) ballet moves she says she practised for "Ladies of the Evening" back in the 70s. And maybe pass Rosie's special brownies around while she's at it.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #815
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

A link to photos being released.

She's the second player on the US show-Seles was the first.

http://www.shewired.com/box-office/2...s-first-photos

This one's cute

Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #816
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Martin...-video/8568341

This includes a video clip

Martina Navratilova talks 'Dancing With The Stars': 'I'm absolutely terrified' - See video

Get more: DWTS, 'Dancing With the Stars', Martina Navratilova
03/04/2012 by OnTheRedCarpet.com Staff
Martina Navratilova is a world renowned tennis player with 18 Grand Slam titles but who knew that "Dancing With The Stars" could rattle her nerves a bit?

"I'm absolutely terrified but I love it at the same time," Navratilova, 55, told OnTheRedCarpet.com shortly after she was announced as a cast member of season 14. "So, you know, you've got to embrace it and rise to new challenges."

"We all have our fears and mine has been trying to conquer them" she added. "I was afraid to fly, so I got a pilot's license. I was afraid to drown, so I got a diving license. One of my worst experiences was dancing. When I was 14 years old and my mother dressed me up and I felt so out of place. I'm like 'I got to conquer that too,' and Tony is going to help me do that."
Her partner is pro Tony Dovolani, who has competed on the show since season 2 and has only reached third place twice - once in season 2 with Stacy Kiebler and in season 8 with Melissa Rycroft.

"I'm actually really excited because for the first time I actually have an athlete in my hands and she's very coachable, she takes direction really well," Dovolani said. "The great thing about us is that I don't know what people's expectation is but we're going to really hope that we surprise them."
"I told her 'I hope you like sequins because I'm going to dress you up in all of it,'" he joked.

Navratilova added that being an athlete might give her an advantage in the ballroom when it comes to the physicality of dance.

"I think the biggest advantages for athletes is that we really know what every body part is doing at any given moment because you had to train that technique for your sport, whatever that is," she said. "So even though dancing is completely open and tennis is completely closed, it still is muscle memory. So I think athletes do have an advantage in that we've been practicing that all of our lives."

Season 14 of "Dancing With The Stars is set to premiere on March 19. The celebrity cast also includes Jaleel White, who played Steve Urkel on the sitcom "Family Matters," Melissa Gilbert of "Little House on the Prairie" fame and "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd.

Reporting by George Pennacchio of KABC Television, who produces the entertainment show "On The Red Carpet"
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 11:19 PM   #817
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

If you dont "admire" Martina after THIS!!! ....she looked really great. And yes, really brave! Skip to the 8th little marker to her segment ...they force you to watch 2 commercials between each one so best to just skip ahead.

Dancing with the stars: http://abc.go.com/watch/dancing-with...5184076/week-1
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:13 AM   #818
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

Martina finally confirms that she and Julia are engaged:

http://www.more.com/martina-navratil...e-stars?page=2

Congratulations, Martina and Julia
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM   #819
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
Martina finally confirms that she and Julia are engaged:

http://www.more.com/martina-navratil...e-stars?page=2

Congratulations, Martina and Julia
they announced it 2 years ago???
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...lova-separates
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #820
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
If you dont "admire" Martina after THIS!!! ....she looked really great. And yes, really brave! Skip to the 8th little marker to her segment ...they force you to watch 2 commercials between each one so best to just skip ahead.

Dancing with the stars: http://abc.go.com/watch/dancing-with...5184076/week-1
Agree Daze ,Martina looked really great .It's the first time she talked so much of Julia.It's obvious she's radiantly happy .Hope the same for Chris !
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM   #821
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

I watched Martina and Tony's first dance on youtube. Martina looked amazing. The make up and hair do made her look almost unrecognisable. She was obviously nervous but I think with a bit of confidence she can get higher scores than last week which was abysmal. Great to see her good friend Chris Evert there to support her. In her tweet she said it is a great feeling to be able to support each other after 20 years of competing against each other.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:14 PM   #822
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
I watched Martina and Tony's first dance on youtube. Martina looked amazing. The make up and hair do made her look almost unrecognisable. She was obviously nervous but I think with a bit of confidence she can get higher scores than last week which was abysmal. Great to see her good friend Chris Evert there to support her. In her tweet she said it is a great feeling to be able to support each other after 20 years of competing against each other.

One thing I've always admired aobut Martina is how she challenges herself. Win, lose, or booted on week one she's already a winner. She looked great in week 1-but I agree with Alfa-who picked out that dress? If I didn't know any better I'd say Judy Nelson bribed someone to outfit Martina again!

Even better than the glam look is the pic in Pat's link. The releaxed straight -haired look suits her.

As for marriage-she's a "softie" and romantic at heart-but I'm not so sure it's best. If they got legally married and divorced it could really cost her. Not sure matrimony is suited for either Chris or Martina....

Here's to her sticking around another week
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:50 PM   #823
country flag Pat Bateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
I can understand the confusion but just to clarify: both vehemently denied the 2009 engagement stories. Martina issued a denial on her website, and Julia threatened legal action against the Daily Mail (among others)for publishing that story.

This time, the information has come directly from Martina herself. Big difference.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:00 AM   #824
country flag Pat Bateman

Quote:

One thing I've always admired aobut Martina is how she challenges herself. Win, lose, or booted on week one she's already a winner. She looked great in week 1-but I agree with Alfa-who picked out that dress? If I didn't know any better I'd say Judy Nelson bribed someone to outfit Martina again!

Even better than the glam look is the pic in Pat's link. The releaxed straight -haired look suits her.

As for marriage-she's a "softie" and romantic at heart-but I'm not so sure it's best. If they got legally married and divorced it could really cost her. Not sure matrimony is suited for either Chris or Martina....

Here's to her sticking around another week

I'm sure there will be a pre-nup agreement, Rollo. Julia is a successful businesswoman and has assets of her own to protect.

I trust that Martina knows what she's doing - she's not 18 anymore. She and Julia have taken their time with the relationship and not rushed anything. And I think she has chosen well. Julia is smart and successful and seems to have a good head on her shoulders.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM   #825
country flag daze11

Quote:
As for marriage-she's a "softie" and romantic at heart-but I'm not so sure it's best. If they got legally married and divorced it could really cost her.
You do know Martina's girlfriend of 8 years SUED her for breaking up with her?!? (Apparently, gays can't marry but they're not allowed to end relationships either) and they went to court, with the girlfriend saying she knew ALL of Martina's "skeletons in the closet" and would go public (which to me, correct me if I'm wrong, is EXTORTION) & this chick walked away with $3 MILLION DOLLARS.... even though the reasons for the case was publicly announced in extortionist terms, which means this lady should be thrown in JAIL, not given $3 MILLION DOLLARS!!!
http://snarkfood.com/martina-navrati...million/39036/

At least with Judy Nelson & Martina --to my mind- was more like they were married... that they 'felt' that way about their situation. This Toni Layton was, like millions of other people who get left because its the end-of-a- relationship-even-if-you-didnt-want-it-to-be, allowed to BANK on her pain in a way that no straight couple could possibly have gotten away with. But I dont want to sully Martina's tennis career page with this sordid chapter in her life ~ but my heart goes out to her on that. It is only because she was such a successful champion that she could be targeted in that way. I'm amazed she could stay open enough right after that to have started this relationship with Julia... but obviously it's because it's really a good thing they have.

Last edited by daze11 : Mar 23rd, 2012 at 03:48 PM.