Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:03 AM   #691
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future
Re: Martina Navratilova Admiration Thread

Back from GM and very tired of all these Graffanatics,Anabelcroft,Jerriy ,LDVTennis ,Graftard and so on ..They don't respect others champions,are stubborns and dishonests.The funniest thing came from Jerriy who posted "Graf fans are classy like their idol " .Obviously they're very classy
For Martina and her smart fans i found an interesting article:http://www.successmagazine.com/uppin...463/channel/22

Last edited by calou : Jul 22nd, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
calou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM   #692
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of

Thanks Calou,

I had read the article but could not find it anymore to post it. I have decided to only read threadnames for a while and avoid to read the threads. Much more quiet. Now I have too see if I can keep my promise.

By the way thanks for the message.
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:48 PM   #693
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

When I was watching a dcumentary on Martina recently I was struck by how good her Englsih was as far back as 1975. Less than two years on the circuit and she was quite fluent.

P.S. if any of the nastiness from General messages spills over into the Blast let me know ASAP.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #694
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of

Thanks Rollo for your kind words. Martina explained last april when she received the Peopling of America Award at Ellis Island that she could take English lessons from 1972 at her school and she probably picked it up with a lot of speed during her first years on the tennis circuit.
She handled herself so well at the pressconference about her defection. I read from a subscriber to the Tennis Channel and he said it this year that he thought Martina speaks as if she just came from the plane.
He probably has not heard Lendl, Mandlikova, Novotna and especially Kvitova.

Last edited by Wimbledon9 : Jul 24th, 2011 at 12:47 AM.
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #695
country flag calou

calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future calou has a brilliant future

Lend's accent is the worse ! Kvitova will improve her English ,she's young .I was always impressed by people from Eastern country and their capacity for learning foreign languages.We French are so bad ...
Julia ,Martina's girlfriend speaks French without any accent .Usually Russians have the "rrrr" accent .
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #696
country flag calou

A nice pic :http://twitpic.com/6bg1yr
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #697
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by calou View Post
Back from GM and very tired of all these Graffanatics,Anabelcroft,Jerriy ,LDVTennis ,Graftard and so on ..They don't respect others champions,are stubborns and dishonests.The funniest thing came from Jerriy who posted "Graf fans are classy like their idol " .Obviously they're very classy
For Martina and her smart fans i found an interesting article:http://www.successmagazine.com/uppin...463/channel/22
They're just glory hunters. If Graf didn't win all those slams most of them probably won't be fans.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #698
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

Quote:
Lend's accent is the worse ! Kvitova will improve her English ,she's young .I was always impressed by people from Eastern country and their capacity for learning foreign languages.We French are so bad ...
Julia ,Martina's girlfriend speaks French without any accent .Usually Russians have the "rrrr" accent .
Hi calou

So do you think Martina and Julia communicate in English, French or Russian?
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #699
country flag calou

Hello Pat
Probably in English In French she's a beginner and Russian isn't a so good memory for her,but may be they speak a mixed language
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM   #700
country flag calou

I found this very funny tweet :RockFact! Justin Bieber is dedicating her new album to partner and former Wimbledon superchamp Martina Navratilova.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 09:47 PM   #701
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute

Do any of you guys have info on senior international tournaments (i.e. not Czechoslovakian National Closed Championships) that Martina won behind the iron curtain in the 72-75 period before she defected? I know she picked one up in Sofia in 72 and another in Wroclaw, Poland, in 74 (the European Amateur Champs) but know of no others. It would probably take a Czech speaker delving into newspaper archives to find more but Martina does mention in her autobiography that she played events in Eastern bloc countries while still under the control of the Czech Federation.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM   #702
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Hi Calou,
did you observe Martina's website is regularly updated now?
http://www.martinanavratilova.com/

And two latest pics from this US open:

Last edited by R-K-M : Sep 2nd, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM   #703
country flag calou

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Hi Calou,
did you observe Martina's website is regularly updated now?
http://www.martinanavratilova.com/

And two latest pics from this US open:

Hi RKM
She's not very involved with it
See you
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 03:16 PM   #704
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hi RKM
She's not very involved with it
See you
You mean it is with her website or us open?
You are right about the site,but it is her official website.

Have a nice day, good night!!! here it is night and now 8:47pm
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 03:26 PM   #705
country flag Andy T

Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute Andy T has a reputation beyond repute

US Opens in a year ending with a 1 were bittersweet for Martina.
'81 - a stupendous win over Evert in the SF followed by the loss to Austin in Martina's first final.
'91 - a stupendous win over Graf in the SF followed by the loss to Monica in Martina's last final.

In both years, ironically, she emerged the hero, as illustrated in her tearful acknowledgement of the crowd's support at the presentation in '81 and all the acclamations accompanying the "last charge" of the veterans (Martina & Connors) in '91.

*Science without Humanity *Knowledge without Character

*Politics without Principle *Commerce without Morality

*Worship without Sacrifice
Andy T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote