Qualifying Day 1 Report and Pictures - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:00 PM   #1
srg1

srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all
Qualifying Day 1 Report and Pictures

I will be adding to this over thread the next hour or so. Just got back from the Open. I ran around the courts a lot, so I caught bits of a bunch of matches. I did watch that Baker v. Lucic match. Lucic dominated the first set, but Baker seemed to be in better shape. It is clear that Baker has lost a lot of weight and is in very good shape. However, she is still lacking in the quickness dept. Lucic has good strokes, but does not move well. Baker really gritted this one out. Lots of people waited for her autograph after the match. And someone interviewed her. I have many pics of Baker.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baker 1.jpg (64.3 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Lucic 2.jpg (79.7 KB, 148 views)
srg1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #2
srg1

srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all srg1 is a name known to all
Noorlander v. Cochran

Tanner Cochran was a pleasant surprise. She looked to be in good shape and has strong legs. Her upper body isn't well developed and thus, she does not possess a lot of power. Noorlander is a small woman who is seeded number 11. Cochran won the first set looking good. Then she faded and I thought she would lose. However, she fought and came out on top. I think Cochran has good potential, but she needs to hit the weights in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noorlander.jpg (64.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Cochran 1.jpg (65.4 KB, 86 views)
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:25 PM   #3
srg1

Brandi v. Saeki

Saw a little of the Brandi-Saeki match. I've never seen Brandi play before. She hits an oddly flat ball. Refreshing in this day. She is not a star, but plays solidly with an all around game. A step above Saeki at this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brandi 1.jpg (61.7 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Saeki.jpg (71.6 KB, 61 views)
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:31 PM   #4
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute
ty

Ana Ivanovic, Sabine Lisicki, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

Official Psychologist of Don't Knock the Dok!
KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:33 PM   #5
martamagica

martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks.

Ally Baker looks nice.
martamagica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:34 PM   #6
srg1

Bondarenko - Fujiwara

I didn't watch much of this match, but I thought Fujiwara had it sewn up. Somehow Bondarenko pulled it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bondarenko 6.jpg (82.8 KB, 67 views)
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:43 PM   #7
srg1

Volekova v. Tian Tian Sun

Never heard of Tian Tian Sun, but she looked good. Volekova looks a little like Hantuchova. Especially with the reed thin body. Tian Tian Sun was too much for her. Too much power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volekova 1.jpg (65.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Tian Tian Sun 2.jpg (50.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Tian Tian Sun.jpg (73.6 KB, 47 views)
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:46 PM   #8
srg1

Liggen v. Nejedly

Didn't watch this match, but have pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Liggen.jpg (78.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Nejedly.jpg (52.5 KB, 65 views)
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:56 PM   #9
srg1

Strycova v. Voracova

Strycova is sort of a combo between Coetzer and Hingis. She has great racquet control like Hingis, but is small like Coetzer. Watched a little of the first set of this match and it appeared to be even. Voracova didn't show much. Strycova I guess was just a little better. It is not as though Styrcova was blowing her off the court.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voracova.jpg (65.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Strycova 3.jpg (45.2 KB, 75 views)
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #10
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future
Did you watch Keothavong?

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:02 AM   #11
srg1

Wheeler v. Lefevre

Wheeler was just better. She has had some nice wins in the past and outclassed her opponent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wheeler.jpg (89.6 KB, 73 views)
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #12
srg1

Robinson v. Dulon

I had high hopes for Robinson after seeing her last year. She plays smooth. However, she doesn't seem to have progressed like Baker and Cochran. Those two girls are fit. Robinson does not appear to be fit - yet. I think she has potential if she steps it up. But Dulon appeared more experienced and was much more consistent.

Robinson played on the court next to Baker. After Baker won her match, Robinson congratulated her before her match started. I thought that was nice. One of the pics attached is funny - Robinson was having trouble putting on her hat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Robinson 4.jpg (89.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Robinson 5.jpg (72.1 KB, 55 views)
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:11 AM   #13
srg1

Keothavong

I did not watch Keothavog, although I almost bumped into her as she walked to her match. Maybe I'll take a look Thursday if I go.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:23 AM   #14
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future
Thank you! I am guessing you had a great day

Did you see Nuria Llagostera?

Gallofa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:29 AM   #15
martamagica

martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point martamagica is an unknown quantity at this point
SRG, did you see Alina Jidkova?
martamagica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote