Serena fans: She's on 'Rome is Burning' tonite! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:53 AM   #1
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Serena fans: She's on 'Rome is Burning' tonite!

I was watching sportscenter last night and on the bottom line it had a tease for 'Rome is Burning' and the special guests were 'Jason Giambi and Serena Williams'.

Now, you know I stared at the bottom line for at least two minutes in disbelief because:

1. Jim's an asshole who likes the sound of his own voice,
2. Jim's an asshole who said that he missed the days when Richard decided their matches,
and
3. Jim's an asshole.

Did I mention Jim's an asshole?

I'll be skeptically watching at 7:00 EST on ESPN and I'll probably end up the entire time. And I'm sure, it'll be remote from her house or her gig in Toronto if she can walk.

Just wanted to let you guys know. peace out.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:08 PM   #2
doloresc

doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice doloresc is just really nice
thanks, cariosity. so i take it that you're not that fond of jim? in non-tennis a week or so ago, i c/p a blurb he did about ben affleck and jennifer lopez eating at red lobster. i realize he can be a real jerk but there are moments when i'm in the right frame of mind to appreciate his attempts at humor.
doloresc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:14 PM   #3
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute Cariaoke has a reputation beyond repute
I find it hard to listen to him. He's like acrylic nails on a chalkboard; you're not irritated until you hear the sound (of his voice). I watch him on mute and he tries to out-talk his guests when he doesn't respect them. We'll see if he tries to out-talk Serena.

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #4
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a Rome fan. I've never heard a satisfatory explanation for his repeated insults of Chris Evert. It would be nice if she was in studio with him. She'd no doubt wear something that would completely discombobulate him.
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:25 PM   #5
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
I hate Rome's voice because it completely reminds me of the obnoxious "surfer dudes" that I went to school with. It's such a condescending tone, and his smirk makes me sick. Come to think of it, Rome very well could be one of those surfer dudes who I went to school with.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #6
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I guess the lady in red (Rari) doesn't like Rome's acerbic sense of humour.

Volcana, Rome has apologized for calling former NFL quarterback Jim Everret Chris Evert to his face many years ago which spurred Everret to rough up Rome on the set! Rome has said he wished he never said that. But he was a young loudmouth then looking to stir the pot.

I'm looking forward to seeing Serena tonight on "Rome Is Burning".
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #7
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
haha@someone trying to out-talk Serena
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #8
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

cat: you called me Rari? rut-roh!

naw, it's just that I don't like people who are chronically mean with their humor. it's not funny to me.

babe: this should be a good segment... I think Serena will give him the what for but be real cute and most importantly SEXY about it.

Serena - 'I might be in a cast but I'm still gonna look good.'

-- Roger Federer

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #9
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Oops! Sorry Cari. I must have been thinking red and capitalized the R.

Cari, as for Rome, how do you know what he's like if you don't watch him? Gotcha! And he does rub me the wrong way sometimes. But he knows his sports and doesn't pull any punches. But it took me a couple of years to get used to him.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #10
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

I've watched him in the past and decided his show is not for me.

PTI rolls right over his trash. I PTI! Tony and Michael FOREVAR! yes, I said, EVAR!

-- Roger Federer

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 12:56 PM   #11
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #12
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

shuddup, non-espn-having Brit!

-- Roger Federer

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #13
country flag SJW

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #14
country flag Cariaoke
Team WTAworld

you're so sensitive!

-- Roger Federer

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #15
country flag SJW

only when you touch me right here *points*