Dokic out!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:33 PM   #1
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Dokic out!!

See where Dokic lost her first match....seeded #2 at the Tokyo Tourney..maybe her decision to sit out the AO was a mistake..certainly left her rusty.....other surprises...Anna K. beat Dementieva (always a tough customer) Stevenson beat Coetzer....and the Japanese girl beat Maleeva.....maybe Anna and Martina will meet in the finals..the battle of the "Diva's"...?
barmaid
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:41 PM   #2
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute
pathetic really...dokic out with a thumbs up..would u like a big thumbs up whenever one of your faves loses?...
or was that thumbs up cos u were happy for anne winning rather than jelena losing , cos if thats the case i take back what i said...

bad luck jelena...
Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:46 PM   #3
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
the Japanese girl beat Maleeva

It was Tamarine Tanasugarn from THAILAND!

Well, Monica Seles will win the semis against Anna

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:08 PM   #4
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Hey barmaid,
Japanese girl did not beat Maleeva. The girl who beated Maleeva today is Tamarine Tanasugarn from Bangkok, Thailand.

There are three japanese girls in the main draw, Ai Sugiyama, Saori Obata and Rika Fujiwara. They've been beaten in the first round.

For Jelena Dokic, I think she has her own opinion for not having play OZ Open. And I respect her decision.
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:25 PM   #5
country flag Bright Red

Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of Bright Red has much to be proud of
Enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Look for Dokic to come back whipping some hiney in 2002.
Bright Red is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 12:39 AM   #6
country flag apoet29

apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of apoet29 has much to be proud of
Re: Dokic out!!

Quote:
Originally posted by barmaid
See where Dokic lost her first match....seeded #2 at the Tokyo Tourney..maybe her decision to sit out the AO was a mistake..certainly left her rusty.....other surprises...Anna K. beat Dementieva (always a tough customer) Stevenson beat Coetzer....and the Japanese girl beat Maleeva.....maybe Anna and Martina will meet in the finals..the battle of the "Diva's"...?
barmaid
While I respect your opinion, I don't think anyone should gloat when a player loses. Dokic has her own reasons for not playing the Oz and while I think it was a mistake, that is something she will have to deal with.

It was no surprise to me that Anna beat Dementieva. I think she'll beat Kremer, although getting past Seles will be another issue.

I was shocked that Stevenson beat Coetzer, especially after losing the first set! That shows a great deal of improvement on Alex's part. Getting past Seles is another matter though and I think Monica would really have to be off of her game for Alex to win.

There is always a chance of a Martina-Anna final. The only obstacle would be Monica who has been playing very well this year. The final should be very interesting. If Martina/Monica meet in the final, who will win this time? Will that AO loss play in the back of Hingis' head? Will Monica be able to keep up a high level of play for two sets? If Martina/Anna meet in the final, who will win this time? Since Martina and Anna have become partners, Anna has lost to Martina in two tournament finals and the semifinals of the Chase. Will that AO loss play in Hingis mind? Will Anna be able to overcome her nerves to beat her doubles partner for whom she has a great deal of respect?

Oh why isn't this tournament on ESPN?!
apoet29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 01:26 AM   #7
country flag Dado

Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice Dado is just really nice
I'm sure Jeca had a big break in Belgrade. Maybe the break was a little bit to long.
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 02:10 AM   #8
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Well I'm not a fan or 'hater' of Jelena-but I wouldn't make too much of this early defeat unless it's repeated inher next event.

1. It was her first match of the year.
2. As Capriati demonstrated in Sydney, losing early in one event
doesn't always mean disaster in the next.

3. I've been to the Toray Pan Pacific -and the courts there are
remarkably fast, even for indoor courts. This is really hard
if you are returning to the game and facing a vet such as
Kremer.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:56 AM   #9
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Good Luck Anna and Martina!
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:54 AM   #10
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
It's her first match in ages - it's no big deal.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 08:19 AM   #11
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future
Wink Dokic out!

Sorry I didn't get Tanasugan's nationality right...I'm not familiar with her so just went with the last name thinking she was form Japan...so I stand corrected! As far as including a thumbs up in my post...being a Martina fan it was good news to me and I certainly have the right to express my pleasure with a gesture that I'm sure Martina would welcome being as Dokic was seeded #2. Nothing personally against Dokic...I thought when she played Martina a couple of years ago at Wimbledon she was going to be a gutsy performer and I think she has succeeded in proving she is a player to be reckoned with...had a great 2001! But Martina's my gal...so I'm rooting for her no matter who she's playing....
barmaid
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:18 AM   #12
Linton

Linton is an unknown quantity at this point
Really I dont care if shes out or not. It makes no difference. She should of played the AO open but i guess betraying yoshie and the AO open crowd and Australia i wouldnt like to go and play.
Linton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 02:52 PM   #13
country flag Williams Rulez
Team WTAworld

Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Go Jelena!!

Mary : Monica : Svetlana : Sania : Jennifer : Amelie
Roddick : Grosjean : David : Djokovic
Williams Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:08 PM   #14
FP

FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice FP is just really nice
I don't have any fals expectations on Anna's behalf, I'm sorry. She is a good player but she can play brilliantly only at the biginning of tournament but it never lasts long enough to get to a final (very rare) and unfortunately never a trofy

I think it's gonna be Hingis vs Seles final I just hope that it will be as interesting as Chase in 2000 final, the best match I've ever seen from them playing each other
Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:24 PM   #15
barmaid

Dokic out!!

I think she is still in the doubles though? Anybody know!
barmaid