NEW News On Qualy Draw/Main Draw/Wildcards/Withdrawals : - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 07:32 PM   #1
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
NEW News On Qualy Draw/Main Draw/Wildcards/Withdrawals :

The lady I just spoke to at Pilot Pen was very very nice and helpful. I didn't know what everybody else wanted to know, but I asked about these things:

Qualifying draw to be completed : Friday THURSDAY night 1800 EDT

Maindraw to be completed: Saturday 1400 EDT

Karolina Sprem *is* in qualy draw and *is* on premise, and has been.

Jennifer Capriati has requested a wildcard, but "someone" (she didn't know who) has pulled out, so JenCap is into maindraw without use of wildcards and also is in New Haven already.

The wildcards they have available to give out have NOT been requested by any player. They had hopes of Venus or Lindsay, but neither have asked for a WC. Monica Seles also declined their invite to take a wildcard. As of right now, there will be no WC in the maindraw.

So, there's some news for you all.

**Corrected fixing my error***

Last edited by AjdeNate! : Aug 14th, 2003 at 07:43 PM.
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 07:38 PM   #2
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Thanks.
Jordan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 08:15 PM   #3
CoryAnnAvants#1

CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute CoryAnnAvants#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seles
without use of wildcards and also is in New Haven already.

The wildcards they have available to give out have NOT been requested by any player. They had hopes of Venus or Lindsay, but neither have asked for a WC. Monica Seles also declined their invite to take a wildcard. As of right now, there will be no WC in the maindraw.[/b]

So nobody has requested for a WC? Does that mean my mother could call up and take the WC and play in the Pilot Pen?
CoryAnnAvants#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #4
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Lindsay is already in the main draw as the #1 seed.
Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #5
DannerCal

DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light DannerCal is a glorious beacon of light
Seems odd: #1 Lindsay has been on commitment list for awhile, although it is possible she could have pulled out of event - as someone said she looked hurt in last week's final...

WC: will be issued. They have a list of players they can give them too - but work from the top down. Obviously they want the highest ranked players to enter - so they reserve them just in case.
DannerCal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:51 PM   #6
country flag AjdeNate!

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just reporting what I was told.
I mostly was asking about the quallies, but she told me that other stuff too. I might have some of that wrong as I only wrote down what I directly asked her. But I'm sure she said they have not issued ANY wildcards yet.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:57 PM   #7
Jordan.

Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road Jordan. is on a distinguished road
Yay Seles is going to get the qualie draw for us!
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:58 PM   #8
country flag AjdeNate!

I hope so!!!
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:59 PM   #9
Jordan.

I hope Marissa is there..

Oh well.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:52 PM   #10
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if Davenport is that "someone" who withdrew.
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 12:02 AM   #11
country flag Andrew.
A winner is me.

Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold Andrew. is a splendid one to behold
Nope. Just called my firend who works there, and she is still in the main draw and scheduled to play.
Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 12:37 AM   #12
country flag mn73

mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold mn73 is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure the person at the event would have known who it was that had withdrawn if it had been Davenport!

Maybe Safina?

Jelena Jankovic : US Open finalist 2008 and World No. 1

Jennifer Capriati : 3 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1

[center]Rafael Nadal : 10 Grand Slams, Olympic Gold and World No.1 [/center]
mn73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:04 AM   #13
country flag Brian Stewart
Plainclothes Division

Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute Brian Stewart has a reputation beyond repute
Speculation was that Stevenson or Shaughnessy would withdraw.

The wildcard list was supposedly Capriati, Dokic, then either Schnyder (next in line) or Harkleroad. If Jen got straight in, it probably means that both Schnyder and Harkleroad get wildcards. (Good news for Patty, as I think they were leaning toward Ashley.)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chandarubin
Brian Stewart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:38 AM   #14
Malin

Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all Malin is a name known to all
Is Jen practicing?? how does she look??
Malin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 07:30 AM   #15
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the news

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote