Yikes! The stands are empty for this SF!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:17 AM   #1
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
Yikes! The stands are empty for this SF!!

Where is everyone? The stadium is supposed to be beautiful, yet no one is there to enjoy it...
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 10:02 AM   #2
country flag rhz

rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future rhz has a brilliant future
they should have hired me as a sales rep for the tournament, i'm sure i can make people come to the tournament
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #3
Toontje

Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point Toontje is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglisbe
Where is everyone? The stadium is supposed to be beautiful, yet no one is there to enjoy it...

Isn't Davenport from that region?

Bad location in my opinion!

greetings
Toontje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Brandon85

Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light Brandon85 is a glorious beacon of light
not many top players there would be one reason.

Undisputed World Number 1!

2008 Titles:

Sydney, Antwerp
Brandon85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 04:06 PM   #5
VS Fan

VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold VS Fan is a splendid one to behold
IT was the same way at the Championships last fall.

It seems that the 25 MILLION or so folks in the LA basin have difficulty finding new events. In the maze of clogged freeways, and traffic jams that occur out there daily, it must be an adventure to find your way to a different place than you are used to going.
... And it COULD be that the marketing was poor, and also, just maybe the absence of Serena Williams, Jennifer Capriati, Monica Selles, and also the lack of participation by Venus, Justine, and of course Anna. Kim and Lindsay seem to be the ONLY high profile players that were there.

..... But this doesn't explain the meager attendance at all but the finals, which also wasn't anywhere near a sellout, at the Championships last year, when ALL the top players except Lindsay were there! Hope it does better this year!
VS Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 04:11 PM   #6
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
just sad for the history of this tourny. If it's the same in the F it would be shameful (just think that Kimmie will get the #1-spot here in front of 3 people ...)

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #7
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
that's what happens when there's not Williams around.
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 09:23 PM   #8
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
even the final isn't full. As for people thinking it's because there's no Williams sister, how do you explain the low turn-up for the Masters then?