Suarez def Alicia 6-4 6-4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:38 AM   #1
aussie_stars

aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold aussie_stars is a splendid one to behold
Suarez def Alicia 6-4 6-4

This is a disappointing loss. I really thought alicia had a good chance in this match.
aussie_stars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:10 AM   #2
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute
thats not disappointing its absolutely pathetic and stupid me thought alicia would be top 30 before us open started
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:54 AM   #3
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
I predicted Suarez would won and she did!

I hope Alicia do well in Toronto next week!

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:57 AM   #4
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Some of you are really getting on my tits lately (if I had them that is).

I try and be partial and realistic whenever an Aussie plays, and it seems to me you all think Alicia is far superior to most opponents (nevermind the fact they are often ranked a lot higher) and then proceed to disrespect the abilities of her opponents when they beat her.

How do you like them apples?

Bad luck Alicia....don't expect so much out of her you guys. Let her play her game and the results will come. Just like Pantene, it won't happen overnight but it will happen.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:10 AM   #5
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
she should play liek she did at the ebginning of the year
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:15 PM   #6
country flag aussiefan83

aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice aussiefan83 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS

I try and be partial and realistic whenever an Aussie plays, and it seems to me you all think Alicia is far superior to most opponents (nevermind the fact they are often ranked a lot higher) and then proceed to disrespect the abilities of her opponents when they beat her.

Bad luck Alicia....don't expect so much out of her you guys. Let her play her game and the results will come. Just like Pantene, it won't happen overnight but it will happen.
TS, i agree with most of what you say, and it certainly shouldnt be called a pathetic loss, but, suarez is the world number 32 and Alicia is ranked number 45. I think most would agree that alicia should be aiming for the top 30, so it is slightly disapointing that she couldnt defeat suarez.

And lets hope the results will happen. She has had a good year so far, a good finish to it would be great.

aussiefan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #7
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Yes! she should be in top 30 by year end
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 07:11 AM   #8
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS

Yeah I agree!

Its been a long year for Alicia - and it isn't even near finished. What happens so often is that a player gets injured, and because they are so keen to get back on track is that the results just flow. It's like they are playing on pure instinct and the tennis ball looks like a beachball!

But the year keeps going and all the work and mental application it has taken to get back on track from the injury starts to catch up with players. Alicia probably is starting to get a bit mentally fatigued, with her mammoth Fed Cup effort part to blame too.

Hopefully a grand slam will pick her up and her best results will be saved for New York.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #9
country flag azza

Hopefully a atlleast 3rd round showing at the USO will be good for me anything less i will be
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 05:38 PM   #10
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Before we start piling on expectations of what we expect from future tournaments we need to wait at least until we see the draw. It is unrealistic to predict any kind of performance if Alicia should be unlucky enough to draw one of the top 4 seeds.

Also I don't consider her perforamnce against Suarez to be pathetic, as someone else pointed out Suarez is the higher ranked player and should be given the respect her ranking deserves. Pathetic would have been a 6-0 6-0 drubbing.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote