Japanese tennis - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 02:14 AM   #16
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
Toronto

Shinobu and Nana lost in dubs...
well, Maggie and Huber are a good team!

Bronx

Akiko's match was cancelled due to the blackout... well, the security ppl had to work in the city...
The bus was not running...so players had to walk back to the hotel in Manhattan!! Yicks!!

Hope Akiko/Yuka team could play well too!!

Good luck!!

ex hopman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:59 AM   #17
country flag Steveg
Team WTAworld

Steveg has disabled reputation
I think that Akiko/Yuka team lost in the first round of the main draw against Tian-Tian / Ting, according to Aceman and the USTA websites .
Steveg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 08:59 AM   #18
oaki

oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all
go in single Akiko
oaki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 10:04 AM   #19
country flag yucky

yucky is an unknown quantity at this point yucky is an unknown quantity at this point yucky is an unknown quantity at this point yucky is an unknown quantity at this point
C'mon, Akko!

Ganbattene...
yucky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 11:00 PM   #20
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Akiko d. Bethanie Mattek 6-2 6-1

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 10:01 AM   #21
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Akiko lost to Jie Zheng in the quarters of Bronx, 3-6 7-5 6-3

Oh well, keep practising for the US Open Akiko!

Old Aug 17th, 2003, 06:38 PM   #22
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
New Haven,

Ai is playing singles...
Saori is playing qual singles now...

Good luck!!

Old Aug 18th, 2003, 05:19 PM   #23
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Saochin lost in the last rd of qualies but got in as a LL and will play Conchita Martinez in the 1st rd. Good luck!
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #24
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Saiori lost to Martinez, but Im glad she made the main draw, it shows how much she is improveing all the time.

I think Saiori decided not to play 100% if she knew she would have a LL spot.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 10:03 AM   #25
country flag ex hopman

US Open 2003

13 Japanese players are in New York!
Awesome!!!!

MD
Women

Ai Sugiyama [15]
Shinobu Asagoe
Akiko Morigami
Saori Obata

Qualifying
Men

Takao Suzuki
Gouichi Motomura
Takahiro Terachi
Satoshi Iwabuchi
Tasuku Iwami

Women

Yuka Yoshida
Miho Saeki
Rika Fujiwara
Shiho Hisamatsu

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #26
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
I would be suprised if Rika q's, but she is a good doubles player, and could go far in that respect.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

THE YOUNG GUNS

MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

SPREM~VAKULENKO

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 11:49 PM   #27
country flag Libertango

US Open qualies round one:

Yuka Yoshida d. Anoujska Van Exel 7-6 6-3
Kristina Brandi d. Miho Saeki 6-2 6-3
Alyona Bondarenko d. Rika Fujiwara 7-6 5-7 7-5
Shiho Hisamatsu vs Jennifer Hopkins

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #28
country flag Dava

Rika
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

THE YOUNG GUNS

MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

SPREM~VAKULENKO

Old Aug 20th, 2003, 04:39 PM   #29
oaki

oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all
Rika so close
Shiho? i never seen her play before? what's about her game does anyone can give me some info??
oaki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 05:11 PM   #30
country flag Dava

Its counterpunching basically. She is very fast on foot and works hard to try and get every ball back. This is why she can beat players like Shrapova, Bovina and Hantuchova as she can get balls back that would normally be winners, and force errors. Also she can play very well at the net. I would say grass is her best surface.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

THE YOUNG GUNS

MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

SPREM~VAKULENKO