Japanese tennis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 9th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #1
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
Japanese tennis

I thought I should keep our Japanese tennis update thread.

ex hopman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2003, 04:29 PM   #2
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
Ai is no.1 doubles player (again!)

Kim lost lots of points from last year's Los Angeles...
and Vivi/Paola lost to Mary/Stubbs...
Ai is the new no.1 doubles player!!!

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 10:57 AM   #3
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex hopman
Kim lost lots of points from last year's Los Angeles...
and Vivi/Paola lost to Mary/Stubbs...
Ai is the new no.1 doubles player!!!

Its just Shinobu so far in Rogers MD , Saori is in the qualies. No Akiko I don't think. She seems to have lost a little bit of form since her great Wimby, hope she can get it back together for US Open. Go Akiko!

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:40 PM   #4
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Akiko is playing $50K Bronx this week. Hopefully she can start winning some matches again...

Neither Shinobu nor Akiko will be playing New Haven next week...

Saori will be though.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #5
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Saori d. Tara Snyder 6-1 6-3 2nd round Toronto qualies

Plays Shinobu in MD Not the best draw for them, plays a compatriot again (lost to Ai last week). Good luck to both players!

Last edited by Libertango : Aug 11th, 2003 at 09:22 AM.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 05:06 PM   #6
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Saori beat Shinobu 7-5 6-4...

Really unlucky these 2 had to face each other for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.

I'm really happy for Saori, but Shinobu's so close yet so far from the Top 50.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #7
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Shinobu

I was really hoping she could get some good results this tournament, and break the top 50. Never mind. Good result for Saiori though, she too needs a break through event and pretty quick. Her career has been going nowhere for about a year.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 09:51 PM   #8
country flag Libertango

Shinobu

Saori Good for her, I saw her at Wimby and she played very well and was unlucky not to beat Bovina

Old Aug 12th, 2003, 03:05 PM   #9
oaki

oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all
i really wanna know that is saori plays really weak? i mean her stroke.....
or which style she plays? so she can win over an agressive player like Stevensson....
oaki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 03:10 AM   #10
country flag ex hopman

Her service is weak... I guess it's a typical of Japanese women players... but she has good backhand angles! She's not hitting that hard, but could be consistant, and she moves quick, and she's lefty!!
Stevenson... if she's making lots of errors, yes, Saori has a chance.

I saw her playing a set with Maria S. at Carson.
Maria was crushing Saori's service all the time, but once the rally began, Saori could dominate time to time.

Saori just lost to Amanda today... but she's getting points every week! that's good!!!

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 12:43 PM   #11
country flag Dava

Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future Dava has a brilliant future
Saoiri
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

THE YOUNG GUNS

MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

SPREM~VAKULENKO

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:15 PM   #12
country flag ex hopman

8/13/03

Toronto
1R
Shinobu lost to Saori
2R
Saori lost to Amanda

Doubles
Shinobu&Nana won the 1R

Bronx
1R
Akiko Morigami def. Sunitha Rao 6-1 6-3

1R dubs
Akiko/Yuka vs Chinese pair

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 10:20 PM   #13
country flag Libertango

I saw Saori at Wimbledon against Bovina. She started slowly because it took her a while to get used to the power I think maybe she has this problem alot. But once she gets used to it and into a rhythm she is very effective, especially when passing or on the run. Her groundies are flat and solid and very effective. Like you say her serve probably is her weakness but good to see she's getting some good results, from what I saw of her at Wimby it's no surprise

Go Akiko!

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 05:12 AM   #14
oaki

oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all
go Akiko...glad to see u win some match

and Saori...i believe that u have ability to break in to top 50 go
oaki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #15
country flag Dava

Go Akiko.

Saoiri is just in a loop hole, cos she keeps gettin bad draws, and can not beat the upper players yet.
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

THE YOUNG GUNS

MAKAROVA~MIRZA

THE COMEBACK KIDS

SPREM~VAKULENKO